457 processing times

Lexi

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HavenMarra

That is amazing news Helsbells712!!

We applied to Qld 31/1 just after you so I'm feeling much happier now that we might be able to get over in time to start work.

Great news they are starting to filter through.

Guest HavenMarra

I'm not expert but the impression I get from the agents we are using is that once it is in the pile, that is it so I reckon as long as you get the forms and the info correct it doesn't matter.

Guest Lovelywitch

Mystic Lexi- predict mine?! It's amazing how much effort it is to just wait! our 457 was submitted on the 14th Jan to Sydney (although we're headed for Adelaide the head office of hubby's new employer is in Sydney.) we went to further processing on the 11th Feb and know that a CO requested additional info on the 14th from the employer which was supplied the same day. We're waiting for the nomination to be approved before the visa can be granted- the agent said that once the approval happens it should only be a couple of days but we've heard nothing since.

my employer has just submitted the further information that was requested re: the nomination.... fingers crossed i'll get some movement soon!!

Timeline thus far:

19/09/10 - Sponsorship + Nomination submitted

25/10/10 - Further info requested re: Sponsorship

22/11/10 - Further Info Submitted

29/11/10 - Sponsorship Approved

01/02/11 - Further info requested re: Nomination

28/02/11 - Further Info Submitted

:wubclub:

Just checked my email and 457 has been granted!

4 weeks and 1 day after submission to the Sydney office, including a request for more paperwork last week because the company's sponsorship approval expired 2 weeks ago and had to be re-applied for (good CO kept the case on her desk for 48 hours while the company fixed their error!)

Now to book flights. I start my new job on April 4th, so time to begin the round of leaving parties!

Guest jonnylane

I'm so sorry to all you very patient waiters, but:

15/02/2011 Employer Nomination submitted (already approved as a sponsor)

18/02/2011 Employer Nomination approved

18/02/2011 Application received - processing commenced

18/02/2011 Application fee received

28/02/2011 Applicant approved

That's for two of us (me and my De Facto partner Joanne). Sponsor is WA Health and processing department was Perth.

I have my fingers crossed for you all!

Jonny

Just checked my email and 457 has been granted!

4 weeks and 1 day after submission to the Sydney office, including a request for more paperwork last week because the company's sponsorship approval expired 2 weeks ago and had to be re-applied for (good CO kept the case on her desk for 48 hours while the company fixed their error!)

Now to book flights. I start my new job on April 4th, so time to begin the round of leaving parties!

Congratulations !!!!!! Let the parties begin.... We are just going to be booking our flights tonight when i get back from Ireland. 457 granted on Thursday. Hoping to go 23/24 March.

Just had emigration celebration no 3. So many things to do, people to see.

Enjoy it all.

x Helen

Guest CharleneBLiverpool

Hi Lexi!

It was submitted December 16th, Nomination was approved last Monday.

It's so long because my CO only works 15 hours per week over 3 days! I'm going insane!!!! :(

Lets hope I get something soon!

PM'd you the name of my CO Charlene.

Mine is still at nomination stage as I can't submit my e457 until the posted nomination is approved so not sure if the CO situation is the same as yours!

if it is i'm going to be majorly p!ssed off but at least it would somewhat go to explaining the amount of time it's been!

does anyone know if you get the same CO for a posted nomination and a subsequent e457 app??

suppose i'll find out.... eventually!!!!

Caz

Guest MagsInCanberra
PM'd you the name of my CO Charlene.

Mine is still at nomination stage as I can't submit my e457 until the posted nomination is approved so not sure if the CO situation is the same as yours!

if it is i'm going to be majorly p!ssed off but at least it would somewhat go to explaining the amount of time it's been!

does anyone know if you get the same CO for a posted nomination and a subsequent e457 app??

suppose i'll find out.... eventually!!!!

Caz

Hi Cazbob, i submitted all 3 bits together and got a CO for E457 bit before the sponsorship is finalised. they asked for more info and i think its just in the sidelines til the other 2 bits are done....we are waiting for employer to submit more info about training benchmarks on the sponsorship.....hopefully soon.

you might have known this already, just thought id say

cheers

Mags

Guest MagsInCanberra
Mags,

is the CO for your 457 the same as the one dealing with the Sponsorship / Nomination?

dont know. the request for extra info for the sponsorship went to the employer while the request for e457 went to me....why do you ask?

Guest cazbob

just thinking out loud Mags! As things have been so long in the tooth for me i wonder if it's a bit like Charlene and i have a CO who only does a few days / hours a week!

i really don't think i'll be able to survive if my visa app takes as long as the sponsorship and the nomination have taken!

Our visa has been granted everyone! Booking our flights at the weekend for the 4th April. Queensland here we come!

I wish all of you so much luck in getting your visa's quickly. I know how horrendous the wait is and it was not that long for me. Fingers crossed

Archived