457 processing times

Lexi

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JessicaLiebster

Hello there. My name is Jessica and I am currently processing my 457 visa. I was doing research on the requirements that I am going to need, and I stumbled upon this site: http://www.austhealth.com/457-visa-healthinsurance.php It says here that I have to present a letter from my health insurance provider. Does anyone know how long the processing will take? Also, does anyone know what are the requirements that I should submit to the insurance provider for them to process/approved ? Thank you so much.

Hi Jessica- we just took out an annual travel insurance Policy which covers several millon $ for medical care.

That way you dont have to know the exact date you are going

When u arrive in Aus you can apply for Medicare- if you are British.

Not sure for all Nationalities.

good luck

hiya

we lodged our application 20th October visa granted 16th November, that includes the two week wait for me to be able to get to Edinburgh to have medical (nurse). i dare say it may have gone thru quicker again if i hadn't needed medical.

:D:D

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Guest Marmi Grace

My daughter and I had our medicals finalized since the 19th of October.

Over a month now and still no change in status :(

Last 29th Oct our agent informed me that the CO is still waiting for some internal checks to be completed before the application can be finalized ...

I just don't know how long does this checks take ... :arghh:

And a week ago agent informed me that the CO was on leave ... waahhhh ... call us unlucky ... :wacko:

15/10/2012 Application received - processing commenced

15/10/2012 Application fee received

17/10/2012 Application being processed further

Person 1

19/10/2012 Health requirements finalised 19/10/2012 Further medical results received

19/10/2012 Further medical results received

Person 2

18/10/2012 Health requirements finalised

18/10/2012 Further medical results received

OMG!!!!!

Our visa was approved yesterday!!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!

It's happened rather quick. We had the 1st part of the visa approved but we needed supporting documentation. This was sent Tuesday 20th November and we received confirmation yesterday 27th November!

Fly out to Melbourne 2nd January 2013!!!

Can you tell I am MEGA happy about this?? :)

Guest cdsatsangi

Hi Friends,

I have recently returned to India from Duabi and very keen on moving to Australia on 457 Visa.Would like to learn where to get the resume prepared for Australian job market as the Professional writers are charging between 400 --850AUS$.Secondly,do I need to hire the services of a consultant or can be taken up directly with the Australian Govt./Consulate.Have tried gathering bits and pieces of info.thru net but has really confused me and need some impartial/unbiased suggestion,pls.

Rgds,

Guest Marmi Grace

congrats!!!

oh ours will be on it's 6th week but still no updates...

we want to spend xmas in Sydney my fiance is there!!! but we can't the migration agent advised us not to enter AU until we have our 457 approved :(

would have been a big xmas dinner! with my fiance's side of the family ...

Over 6 months and appear to be getting nowhere: We've just sent all the info to (another) government agency that has an estimated 8 weeks processing time and told we have 2 weeks to get it from immigration? I guess they don't want childcare workers here (even if they keep saying they need them).

Not feeling welcome here.

Hi there,

I have a job offer in NSW, sydney as RN Paediatric. They said they will await for the AHPRA reg is done before lodign my sponsership. The AHPRA reg app has been submitted since 4 weeks now.

The question I have is - when the hospital lodges the sponsership, do they do all the visa side completely? Or will I need to do anything. I know I will have to get the medical but I suppose they will tell me when to do/what to do etc..

Can anyone whether been in this situation, explain or advice plz...I am just curious to work out how long in total it will take...as we ideally like to move end of March 2013...We have been chasing AHPRA for reg...today is the day again to see any updates as since the initial receipt of app mail...not had any other..updates.....

I am hoping...

- done by end of Dec for AHPRA

- done by end of Jan for Visa/medical

- may be unrealistice..but welcome to comment...or advise..

Thanks.

Guest Marmi Grace

the 457 visa is a 3 stage process

(1) Sponsorship

> Employer should apply to be a sponsor, if your employer is already an approved sponsor then there is no need for this step

(2) Nomination of Position

> Employer nominates your position this is done everytime

> Employer's HR may do this or hire a migration agent

(3) e457 (daic standard is 2-3 months)

> this is the application of your actual 457 visa

> some apply this thing on their own and others pay an immigration agent to do this on their behalf.

> there are also some company that hires a migration agent to handle everything (including the employee's sponsorship)

> it is best to discuss with the company how will you deal with this stage

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Mine was 5 days from employer nomination to the visa granted. Been over here a month now and loving it!

My employer said that before Christmas they where really quick approving visas and since Christmas it's been super slow.

oh do not bother with a agent for a 457 it takes a hour max to do it online and is simple

Mine was 5 days from employer nomination to the visa granted. Been over here a month now and loving it!

My employer said that before Christmas they where really quick approving visas and since Christmas it's been super slow.

oh do not bother with a agent for a 457 it takes a hour max to do it online and is simple

Maybe its different if you have a sponsor. What you doing and where are you???? :)

Anyone here with a Vic SS result awaited ? It's been exact 13 weeks for me now ! It's so frustrating to wait and i've started getting all sorts of negative things in my mind !! what should i do ? I applied for a VIC Ss on 15th Nov 12 and they Acknowledged it on 19th Nov 12 ..

any help/ideas/suggestions are welcomed..Pls see the details in my signature box below ..

Thanks

Have to use an agent as can't find a sponsor (Team Leader/Welder) :cry:

My 457 visa approval came through yesterday -exactly 2 weeks after lodging. It was lodged at same time as my nomination which was approved after a week, more info was requested on 14th Feb, submitted on the 15th and approval on the 21st Feb. Very quick!

Looking to be out in Sydney begining of May!

The gov is now going to make it a lot harder to get these Visas as they are seen as taking jobs from Australians. So the English skills are being tightened and the Employers are going to find it harder to get approval unless they can prove an Aus is not available for the position. As unemployment is rising in some States i e here in Victoria there have been demonstrations outside places where it is known 457 visa holders have been employed when there are equally qualified Australians with no jobs. Its very contentious and as its an election year it may just get much much tougher.

Archived