457 processing times

Lexi

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought it's time for me to join this thread. After being in touch with a prospective employer for a few months, things are now looking good for a short contract on a 457 visa (shorter than I'd hoped but it is a very good start and really good timing for me).

The employer asked me for some info mid October and then suddenly a 457 nomination was submitted on 31 Oct which was approved 2 days later! I wasn't prepared for it to happen that quickly so it took me few days to get my visa application sorted.....but it's now submitted and I'm sitting waiting!

We have been waiting for our 457 visa now for 5 weeks. After submitting our private health cover it's all been quiet. Feel a bit low at the moment as it feels like the whole life is on hold. :sad:

The visa process so far:

05/10 Application received

05/10 Application fee received

12/10 Further Medical results received

12/10 Health requirements finalised

15/10 Application being processed further

Private Health Insurance cover required

22/10 Further Information received

and nothing since then.

Hi Blackhorse. Thanks for wishing us luck. :smile:

We are heading out to Sydney and my partner is supposed to start work on 7th Jan 2013. His employer wanted him asap however they close for christmas, so the start would be in January now. Just a bit annoyed we can't book any flights, accommodation, sort out the shipping, leaving do etc. Bearing in mind- the christmas slows everything down. I must admit I hate waiting. Our agent had put the start date for visa 12/11, not sure if that is going to make any difference or not. Well, tomorrow is another day.....hope to wake up to some brilliant news.

We have been waiting for our 457 visa now for 5 weeks. After submitting our private health cover it's all been quiet. Feel a bit low at the moment as it feels like the whole life is on hold. :sad:

The visa process so far:

05/10 Application received

05/10 Application fee received

12/10 Further Medical results received

12/10 Health requirements finalised

15/10 Application being processed further

Private Health Insurance cover required

22/10 Further Information received

and nothing since then.

Hi Kairika

We are in the same boat as you!

We were told 2-3 weeks and to date we are 5 weeks and 1 day.

Our visa agent managed to get hold of our case worker on Monday and it seems that he has been off sick for two weeks....

nobody takes on the case load and so if like us, you are unlucky enogh to have a sicky case worker, you're scuppered!

I am a lot calmer knowing that it is only a case of waiting.

Try not to worry....it will all come out good....no worries!

Where are you hoping to move to?

Good luck and fingers crossed

Regards

Cathy

Hi Cathy

Glad to hear someone else is in a same situation. Where are you moving and what is your time frame?

Seriously annoyed though, it's Friday and no news. Our agent has apparently emailed case officer a few times. Not sure why they are taking their time.

Thought we would get a visa after sending in our private health cover. That was 3 weeks ago.

Good Luck for you!

Regards,

Kairi

Hi kairi

Our agent submitted our application on the 3/10. It was fully complete and apparently it has just been sat there since.

We are going to Perth and want to get out ASAP to try and find a rental before the Christmas shut down!

Live News update......Just had a call from our agent and he has received a nonsensical email overnight from our case worker.

He can't believe it! Neither can i...ggrrrrrr!

Looks like we have landed an incompetent case worker.... Just our luck...

Another long weekend before they reopen on Monday..... Might have to have a few sherbets tonight...and tomorrow

Good luck with yours.... It is comforting to know that it's not just us!!!

cathy

x

Hi, can anyone help me please?

My wife and I are looking to go to OZ on a 457 visa.

Are there any working hours requirements for this though?

She is a midwife so sponsorship for the 457 shouldnt be a problem.

We have 2 small children so she doesnt want to work full time....are there a limit of hours to be worked? I have searched immi.gov and cant find anything stating any hours.

Any help is appreciated

Dan

Cathy,

I can't believe it. That winds me up even more. Not great on Friday. Hopefully you get some better news on Monday.

I wake up every morning, turn on my computer in a good mood and once I have opened email and checked online for updates-and there are none- I get well depressed. Want something to look forward to already!

Dan,

Sponsored visa are normally for full time jobs. Haven't heard myself of anyone who has been sponsored to work part time. What about yourself? What job are you doing, perhaps you can get sponsored instead?

Kairi

Kairi

I don't even wait till the morning to check my emails....I am usually up at least 3 times in the night checking on my phone!

Forgotten what a good nights sleep is!

i am feeling very positive about next week....it will happen for us both! Ummmm if you get your before me...don't tell me!!!!!

Dan, your wife is a Midwife for Petes sake!!! The Aussies would probably charter a private jet for you all!!

Have you spoken to an agent to confirm that 457 is the best route for you to take? With her qualifications I would have thought you would be eligible for a permanent gold plated visa!!!

If she is eligible for a skilled visa you will all get in without a job waiting and then she can apply on her terms upon arrival.

if you have already checked this route, I apologise!

Good luck

cathy

Cathy, This made me laugh....im hoping she is as in demand as you say.

We are currently waiting for her skills ass to come back as at present we are looking at the 190 state sponsored (QLD) but the agent we have used so far is SOOOOO slow our original time frame (sept 2013 in time for my wifes brothers wedding on the gold coast) is looking less likely and really dont want to go out for the wedding on a holiday visa then have to come back until visa granted...so another agent weve spoken to suggested the 457 as a quick fix...but like i say, my wifes not keen to work full time with having 2 children under 4....understandable. If it has to be full time (38 hours a week) she might be able to do 3 night shifts as they are usually 12-13hours each.

Any other ideas?

Dan

Dan....im no visa expert but ask me one on shipping dogs...shipping containers ...vehicle imports....stress management using alcohol ....and im your girl!

I will ask our visa agent next time we speak if he thinks he could help you. if he can i will let you know

Have a fab weekend

Cathy

x

Dan,

its about £4.5k to Perth so I'm guessing it would be about £5k to Brisbane, give or take. We are taking everything including our vehicle in the 40ft container as cars are much more expensive in Oz. if you happen to own a Porsche you'll be quids in but most vehicles are worth considering. £6.5k for 40ft to Perth inc vehicle! So £7-7.5k to Brisbane?

Cheers (it's 5 o'clock somewhere!)

cathy

x

Cathy,

The whole car thing seems a minefield. we have a nice audi a4 sline...worth ALOT more in oz..and in theory could be sold after 2 years (legal time I think) and provide us with a nice amount of cash....seems too much hassle tho...no?

I was told shipping was only about £2.5k...oh well....best save more!

Does it need to be 5 anywhere?? A drinks a drink!

Dan

Dan, you need to speak with Craig at ironlady imports.com. He has been so helpful.

He posts on here- search personal imports or google their website.

Again it can be complicated but he will tell you if your car is

worth taking

cathy

x

ps it's five o'clock now!!

It was visa received. Nomination had been approved within 3 working days, I lodged visa application a week after nomination and then visa came through 3 working days later.

I did try to ensure absolutely everything that could be required was sent with the application, no medicals were required and my Melbourne job is a direct match of skills from what I do in the UK, so it probably was a very straightforward case.

Good luck!

Archived