457 processing times

Lexi

Hi SAD,

I work in sales and marketing and found a sponsorship opportunity through applying for jobs online. I like your idea of a video resume - keep at it - build your pipeline and something is bound to come through :-)

SEV

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that's really quick. We are moving with my husbands company, believe they have moved a fair few people over, they are using an immigration agent, last email we got from them last night said they would be lodging the application and let us know once it's been lodged. Was wondering if we will get anything directly from immigration or if it will all be directed though the agent - did you do your own application?

Congrats - you'd best start packing :biggrin:

I did mine through an agent, i found out from my employer that it had been approved, then the following day the agent confirmed it. I did not get anything from immigration at all but could view it on there website.

Good luck with your's

Got mine approved today. Been waiting ages but it's finally here

Hi, I'm new to this process and just trying to get my head around it. I have an employer that wants to sponsor me but they are not approved yet. Looking at your timeline your visa application was put in before the nomination was approved. Is that correct? I didn't think that could be done but I'll be happy if it can be as it will speed things up for me, I'm desperate to get over there asap before all that summer sun disappears! Thanks

After stressing out completely for the past week my visa came through today!! :jiggy:

This is great news.... Weight lifted!

my Son's med was referred on the 28th! He has CP... Still waiting :-/

I have everything crossed... It's agony for all of us :-(

Edited by ferrymaple
'If' instead of 'of'

Hi, I'm new to this process and just trying to get my head around it. I have an employer that wants to sponsor me but they are not approved yet. Looking at your timeline your visa application was put in before the nomination was approved. Is that correct? I didn't think that could be done but I'll be happy if it can be as it will speed things up for me, I'm desperate to get over there asap before all that summer sun disappears! Thanks
Hi Tazzamaraz,

Yes my agent put my nomination and visa applications in together. The company that sponsored me was set up for the 119 pr visa but had to apply for the 457, after that it went really quick.

What work are you being sponsored for.

Good luck

Just got approved!!! Freaking out! Woo hoo! :ssign19:It took almost 4 weeks and I was not asked for medicals (U.S. applicant), went through an agent and 2 kids and spouse on application. Hope that's helpful and best to all!

21/09/2012 Application Received

21/09/2012 Fee Received

26/09/2012 Processing Further

18/10/2012 Applicant Approved

Edited by SEV

Guest santhoshsk
My Son's referred medical has been finalised today ...... What a relief .... He's been so anxious, we all have. I am delighted... Roll on our visas so I can book the flights :biggrin:

Hi,

thats a good news. happy for you guys :)

can you please tell me as when did your son's medicals were referred?

My medicals were referred on 02-Oct, no response yet from them :(

Guest Sketchesx

Hello! First time user of this so I apolgise if tis already been talked about.

My employer agreed to sponsor me (Graphic Design) but has been practically useless in coming up with the goods for the application - it was left down to me to sort out.

They are first time business sponsor/nominator and I came up with two major problems or weaknesses in the process:

1. The company doesnt really have any sort of training plan. I half hashed one from what they told me they do, but its a one page document.

2. My wage is in the middle of the market rate for my job, but this happens to be approx $2500 lower than the threshold amount of $51,400.00

Has anyone else had similar problems? Did they matter much? Just wanting to get an idea of whether this is likely to be approved or not and when/if people had problems how long their application took to go through?

1196S & N were both sent off today (together) by Paper form with all evidence I could muster and my visa application (plus de facto) will be lodged online tomorrow and evidence sent off - though my partner needs a medical as they are going to be working with children.

If anyone has any similar experiences and can give me ANY information, I would really appreciate it!

I'm not expecting a turnaround within a few days, I know it may take a while however if it takes 4-6 weeks and then we have 4 weeks to leave the country if its declined...thats almost Christmas and flights are ridiculous!! So I'd rather have an idea :)

Thanks in advance people!!

Lisa

Guest katie007
Hello! First time user of this so I apolgise if tis already been talked about.

My employer agreed to sponsor me (Graphic Design) but has been practically useless in coming up with the goods for the application - it was left down to me to sort out.

They are first time business sponsor/nominator and I came up with two major problems or weaknesses in the process:

1. The company doesnt really have any sort of training plan. I half hashed one from what they told me they do, but its a one page document.

2. My wage is in the middle of the market rate for my job, but this happens to be approx $2500 lower than the threshold amount of $51,400.00

Has anyone else had similar problems? Did they matter much? Just wanting to get an idea of whether this is likely to be approved or not and when/if people had problems how long their application took to go through?

1196S & N were both sent off today (together) by Paper form with all evidence I could muster and my visa application (plus de facto) will be lodged online tomorrow and evidence sent off - though my partner needs a medical as they are going to be working with children.

If anyone has any similar experiences and can give me ANY information, I would really appreciate it!

I'm not expecting a turnaround within a few days, I know it may take a while however if it takes 4-6 weeks and then we have 4 weeks to leave the country if its declined...thats almost Christmas and flights are ridiculous!! So I'd rather have an idea :)

Thanks in advance people!!

Lisa

On the 1196N are they LA or SBW? Did you fill out the 1196N form? Which this DIAC (N) the formal Nomination of the Comapny?

One point you make, $2.5K under the Limit (DIAC) may question this. (Must look up to see the limits on Pay Threshold.

Hi Mehimandthekids

Oh ok queensland is very beautiful place .... My agent still looking for a job for me in perth. So waiting for reply from agent in Australia. At this moment still enjoying Singapore life style and food over here. Good luck for you and keep in touch pls.

Hi Mehimandthekids

Oh ok queensland is very beautiful place .... My agent still looking for a job for me in perth. So waiting for reply from agent in Australia. At this moment still enjoying Singapore life style and food over here. Good luck for you and keep in touch pls.

What type of work are you looking for? We were very lucky as my husband is staying with the same company and they are well established in Australia. I think I would have gone slightly out of my mind had I tried to organise it all myself !! Good luck with your job hunt. Hopefully it wont be long til your booking your flights :)

457 application submitted 3/10, further processing 11/10 ..... no further update yet! Arrrggghhh!! We were told the current processing time is 2-3 weeks- we are now at 4 weeks and 2 days :chatterbox:

OH due to fly in 10 days to start work on the 19th Nov.....am rapidly going grey!

Straightforward application , no medicals WHAT IS GOING ON!! Am i being unrealistic?