457 processing times

Lexi

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HavenMarra

Yup - I'm on there several times a day despite being aware that after the morning check, everone will be asleep.

If yr agent is bobbins, you can also request it through the website too (need e-mail and passport no.).

Maria,

perhaps pm one of the agents on here and just ask if the 457 will cancel out the 176? i'm by no means an expert but from reading on here the number of people that go for the 176 and then get 457s i would have assumed that the 457 could be running (ie. you could be in Oz working) while the 176 is processing?

but again this is certainly one of the situations where an agent is definitely the way to go!

or even ring the DIAC, seeing as you now have a CO surely he/she would be the perfect person to ask?

congrats on the nomination approval - a bitter sweet time with the 176 CO coming through too but it's good that things are finally moving! :D

Caz

Hi Caz,

Belive it or not our 176 was granted this morning so no need now for us to submitt our part of the 457.

We're trilled, we will be celebrating tonight and tomorrow night and maybe even sunday night :jiggy:

I hope you hear something soon fingers crossed for you.

Maria.x

wow congrats!! that's made thing simple for you!!

i'd say you're over the moon! enjoy the celebrations!

i'm getting really jealous of you all now, save me a beer out there eh!?

Hi Caz,

Belive it or not our 176 was granted this morning so no need now for us to submitt our part of the 457.

We're trilled, we will be celebrating tonight and tomorrow night and maybe even sunday night :jiggy:

I hope you hear something soon fingers crossed for you.

Maria.x

Huge Congrats

Sometimes im sure the powers above test us by overloading us with what-ifs!

You must have passed lol

Here's to the 1st weekend of the rest of your life :jiggy:

Guest jonnylane

Just adding our details. My nomination was approved today (which only took 2 days) so I applied this morning. I guess the waiting begins now...

A question - I'm almost certainly going to be asked to go for a medical. Now that I have my TRN, can I just go ahead and do it?

Jonny (& Joanne)

try this one for a change then munchkinpie - Aus surfcams - you can watch the beaches any time of day. Designed so you can check the waves I think but nice to see people walking the dogs and carrying their boards into the water - you can usually see all the surfers bobbing about waiting for waves on some of them!

I'm 19 days and waiting - still at "Processing Commenced".

Coastalwatch :: surfcams :: surf reports :: swell forecasts :: news

22 days and counting since lodgement now.........

22 days and counting since lodgement now.........

152 days since sponsorship and nomination lodged

81 days since sponsorship approved....

.......STILL waiting!

:arghh:

Guest jonnylane
2 days!!!! :wideeyed::shocked:

which office were you through??

Perth, and my sponsor is WA department of health. I assume they're a pretty well established sponsor and they told me it'd take less than a week to get the nomination approved (though I didn't believe them!).

What's the holdup with your nomination?

Guest sarah in london

we have been waiting about 4 weeks for our 457 visa - been told that there are processing delays of up to 1 month due to the floods...hubbie is due to start work on 7th March...

Guest sarah in london

sorry, I should clarify - thats for Sydney and with an established sponsor (pwc), they said its happening to lots of their applicants.

Guest Lovelywitch

Same goes for us- s sponsor company is also well established. The job will be in Adelaide but the head office of the company is in Sydney so we are being processed via that coe. Our agent has said that. Due to the volumes submitted during December and January there are significant delays. Ours was submitted on the 14th Jan 2011, changed to application being processed further on 11th Feb. Again, according to our agent this doesn't mean very much. He said that he spoke with a manager at the Sydney coe last week and he was informed that they were appointing applications submitted on the 21st Jan (I assume that means getting a case officer). Because of this he's going to chase ours up...he did say that the nominations were backed up which is what is causing the delay.

Guest Lovelywitch

I don't know about anyone else but aside from the torture of looking at no progress on line I made the mistake of telling a few colleagues at work about our plans which means that every morning without fail I get the 'have you heard anything yet?' and every morning it's 'no not yet- maybe tomorrow'...I'm sure by now they think I've made it up!

Guest paulandsharron

Hi,

Just to throw in my tuppence worth:

We were granted our 457's in approx 2 weeks with NO police cheeks and NO Medicals.

Cheers

Perth, and my sponsor is WA department of health. I assume they're a pretty well established sponsor and they told me it'd take less than a week to get the nomination approved (though I didn't believe them!).

What's the holdup with your nomination?

Not a clue Johnnylane! :(

they took well over 2 months to request further info and now i'm waiting for the office to return said info!

:arghh:

I don't know about anyone else but aside from the torture of looking at no progress on line I made the mistake of telling a few colleagues at work about our plans which means that every morning without fail I get the 'have you heard anything yet?' and every morning it's 'no not yet- maybe tomorrow'...I'm sure by now they think I've made it up!

I feel your pain Lovelywitch! it's been over a year since i was offered the job and so i've had a LOT of people asking me how it's going?, when we're off? any news? etc etc etc

once the sponsorship was approved i assumed we'd be gone within a couple of months so told everyone and now we're left in limbo with people asking me non-stop when we're off!

it's really taking its toll on me now! :cry:

Guest sunshine gail

Wow, that is scary as we are so, so undecided whether to stay in UK or give it a go! It wasn't like we were looking to move the offer came whilst we were on holiday!!

Goodluck!

Guest HavenMarra

I wish - just checked. 22 days and counting.

Based on the news last week of some mid Jan 457's getting the nod, I've fingers crossed for this time next week.