457 processing times

Lexi

Guest geepsica

Hey All, when you lodged your e457s, did any of you immediately get a notification online about the health requirements? My agent lodged the application and says they haven't received word form a CO, but the online status shows I need X-rays done (under Person 1). Is this automatically generated by the system based on a "computer" assessment of your application? I would think if it was a CO asking, he/she would email the agent...

However I'm worried that my application may not have been assigned a CO because of the status showing "Health requirements outstanding".

Can anybody shed some light?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest geepsica
28/07/2011 Application received - processing commenced

28/07/2011 Application fee received

09/08/2011 Applicant Approved

No medicals or police checks.

13 Days!!!! Soooooo happy! Good luck guys!

Wow not even an x-ray, can I borrow your 4 leaf clover? Congrats!!

Congrats lynne..Ya,its not that far away..Stay positive ....:chatterbox:

Yayyyy....our nomination has been approved !!!!!!

I've already lodged the visa application, 2 and a half weeks ago, so hopefully won't be too long now !!!!

Lynne x

Guest Jadeanna

Great news Lynne. I suspect you'll get your visa any day now. Where are you planning on going?

Geepsica, I'm not sure. Maybe if your job is in the Health Care or Child Care profession it automatically flags a medical. Or if your passport show's that you've been in any Countries with a high risk of TB?

Congrats Chesty! It's a great feeling!!!

My OH has been placed in Bentleigh East, Melbourne. The company has branches all over OZ and the HR manager has said if a position becomes available in Brisbane then we can transfer !.

It was such a relief to read "Nomination approved"....we move in just over 4 weeks and I was starting to really worry..lol !!

Lynne x

Well, carol if you have a migration agent better speak with him regarding this. I also had to be bit pushy with my agent ,but paid off.We got 1st email from DIAC after 7 days of application lodgement ,asking us to undergo medicals.

I didn't use a migration agent, just submitted everything my self. I did email immigration and they said a co has been assigned but not heard anything since. Stressed!!

Hi - my husband is desperately looking for a sponsored construction foreman/superintendent role [not civils] . We are signed on with Sponsorshipnet but should we try anywhere else?

I seached the OZ Yellow pages and emailed every company I could attaching a CV and got several replies and went with the best offer !!

Lynne

Guest geepsica

I just had my x-ray done, came back home and checked my online status - and they've already uploaded them into the system. I'm just amazed at how much quicker the online health system is VS traditional mail!!!

Hi all,

Well, we got our Visa today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So pleased, as we had took a gamble and already handed in notice, booked flights and accomodation.

So, our timeline is as follows:

11/07/11 - Application received - processing commenced

26/07/11 - Application being processed further

10/08/11 - Applicant approved!!!

Company was a pre-approved sponsor and lodged the nomination at the same time as my e457.

so, 4 weeks and 2 days in total.

Good luck to all that are still waiting. Lynne - I think you will have yours for sure in the next couple of days now.

Beck

I just had my x-ray done, came back home and checked my online status - and they've already uploaded them into the system. I'm just amazed at how much quicker the online health system is VS traditional mail!!!

Thats brilliant - amazing how quick somethings can be done now.

Hope it all goes through smoothly for you.

Beck

I didn't use a migration agent, just submitted everything my self. I did email immigration and they said a co has been assigned but not heard anything since. Stressed!!

Sent my visa application on 8/7/11. I got my CO assigned and received an email requesting further information on 30/7. I sent a reply asking for clarification on 2/8 so that everything is supplied as requested. I sent another email with an update on the 8/8 because I didn't hear anything. I am still waiting for a reply. It's just frustrating not hearing anything.

Guest Emski99

Hello,

So my visa was sent to immigration on the 25th May, with my medical documents, money etc. I was then assigned a case officer on the 4th July who has requested further information. My future employer sent all that information in on 11th July and i still havent heard anything! It is so frustrating to be waiting this long! :frown:

I have a recuritment agency working on my application but how do i find out what stage my visa is up to?

Guest geepsica
Thats brilliant - amazing how quick somethings can be done now.

Hope it all goes through smoothly for you.

Beck

Thanks Beck. Congrats on your visa, I hope you enjoy Australia :smile:

Guest overrunbycats

Hooray, we've FINALLY gotten our visas today, seven and a half weeks after lodging!

We're so relieved, as we had set everything in motion and today was our last working day. We fly on Tuesday!

We don't know why it's taken so long although at one point we were told our particular case officer only worked part time which seems a rather random twist of fate to be dealt!

We pestered our migration agents incessantly for the past week or so, as they didn't appear to take too much initiative on their own.

Our timeline:

17 June application lodged

19 July application processed further

10 August applicant approved

Parramatta office

The waiting nearly drove us mad, but we're through to the other side and are keeping our fingers crossed for all of you in the same boat - hang I there, jmahood, 3fatcats, geepsica et al!

Hooray, we've FINALLY gotten our visas today, seven and a half weeks after lodging!

We're so relieved, as we had set everything in motion and today was our last working day. We fly on Tuesday!

We don't know why it's taken so long although at one point we were told our particular case officer only worked part time which seems a rather random twist of fate to be dealt!

We pestered our migration agents incessantly for the past week or so, as they didn't appear to take too much initiative on their own.

Our timeline:

17 June application lodged

19 July application processed further

10 August applicant approved

Parramatta office

The waiting nearly drove us mad, but we're through to the other side and are keeping our fingers crossed for all of you in the same boat - hang I there, jmahood, 3fatcats, geepsica et al!

A big congratulations!

Sarah

:SLEEP:

please could anybody tell me how long after police and medicals are submitted does it take for an answer i am hopefully going on a 165 visa and our checks were done 25th july 11 then signed for 30th july in sydney,also i may have posted this message on the wrong site as im very new to it

Hi,

\ have a question reegarding everyone's 457 visa application's, did anyone apply for their visa themselves or did everyone use a migration agent?

Just a query as i submitted my app over 9 weeks ago and not heard a thing! I submitted the app my self. Sorry just panicking a bit!

Thank you

Hi,

\ have a question reegarding everyone's 457 visa application's, did anyone apply for their visa themselves or did everyone use a migration agent?

Just a query as i submitted my app over 9 weeks ago and not heard a thing! I submitted the app my self. Sorry just panicking a bit!

Thank you

I've done it myself on the 22 July and there's no change...but then my nomination wasn't approved until tuesday.

Lynne

p.s...was your nomination approved before you applied ???

Hi,

Thank you

carol i applied via an agent and didnt hear a thing for 3 months dont worry

Thank you! Just flapping as i handed in my notice in last week, was prob a bit daft to do it but oh well.

Stevenpasha did your visa get approved after the 3 months? Bet it was a long wait!

Lynn my nomination was approved prior to my application, think i am too unpatient!

Thanks again to both of you!

Thank you! Just flapping as i handed in my notice in last week, was prob a bit daft to do it but oh well.

Stevenpasha did your visa get approved after the 3 months? Bet it was a long wait!

Lynn my nomination was approved prior to my application, think i am too unpatient!

Thanks again to both of you!

I'm hoping that it won't be too long as we move out of our rental on 9th Sept !!!!!

I've read that the times are anything up to 12 weeks:eek:....oh well...caravan in a field it is...lol !!!

Lynne

Archived