14/07 - Application received - processing commenced

14/07 - Application fee received

26/07 - Application being processed further

02/08 - Further information requested

03/08 - Further information submitted

04/08 - Visa Granted - Woo Hoo!!

Drew

Guest jmahood

I'm still waiting! :realmad::realmad: I got excited a little while ago when it changed to processing further or whatever, but really it should have said 'doing nothing, just winding her up, pretending to be doing something'. I've moved into a new level of emotional stress I didn't know existed. The frustration almost drives me to tears. :no:

Guest geepsica

Congrats DrewNE and helen. It sounds like a few people are getting theirs now.

Sorry to hear about your lack of progress jmahood - when did you actually apply? I applied 12/07/2011 so it's been the 4th week now and i'm anxious and stressed in ways i've never been before :arghh:

Guest overrunbycats
Jmahood, exactly the same for me here.....

Ditto for us, we feel your pain!

Timeline:

17 June: application received

17 June: application fee received

23 June: medicals received, health requirements finalised

19 July: application being processed further

Since then, nothing! :arghh:

It's been seven weeks today! Jobs are coming to an end next week, our tenants are moving in the week after and we are wanting to fly on the 16th of August!

Words can't describe... am going to leave the UK with a stomach ulcer!

But first, another weekend of waiting to get through...keeping fingers crossed for all of us!

Oh gosh, I can totally sympathise!!! my cats actually leave on Monday........... the removals people are coming next week and we are supposed to be flying on the 14th. Out tenants have to move in on the 25th so we have no alternative.... This all because our application (so we thought) had been submitted in May except the lawyer forgot....

We have now been told we can enter Oz on a visitor visa as long as we can prove we are on holiday and will have enough funds, willing to return home etc. etc. I can't see any other way of us getting out of the situation and too feel like I am getting a stomach ulcer.

Keeping everything crossed xxx:wub:

Ditto for us, we feel your pain!

Timeline:

17 June: application received

17 June: application fee received

23 June: medicals received, health requirements finalised

19 July: application being processed further

Since then, nothing! :arghh:

It's been seven weeks today! Jobs are coming to an end next week, our tenants are moving in the week after and we are wanting to fly on the 16th of August!

Words can't describe... am going to leave the UK with a stomach ulcer!

But first, another weekend of waiting to get through...keeping fingers crossed for all of us!

Guest jmahood

Application submitted on 17th June (was actually meant to have been done on 5th May - or that's when migration agent told me he had done it!), 26th July - application being processed further then .... nothing. I've got flights booked for 22nd August so hope it comes through by then. :skeptical:

Guest Jadeanna

Hi All,

My Visa was granted today. I'm so relieved and happy. I feel everyone's pain, who'd have thaught it would be this stressful??? The power of positive thinking as got me through.

19/07/2011 - Application received - processing commenced.

19/07/2011 - Application fee received.

05/08/2011 - Application approved.

14 working days.

jmahood, geepsica, 3fatcats, overrunbycats. I'm wishing you all the luck in the world.

Hi All,

My Visa was granted today. I'm so relieved and happy. I feel everyone's pain, who'd have thaught it would be this stressful??? The power of positive thinking as got me through.

14 working days.

jmahood, geepsica, 3fatcats, overrunbycats. I'm wishing you all the luck in the world.

Can i ask switch office was processing your visa? Thanks

Guest Jadeanna

Hi Dorsetgirl1.

I'm honestly not sure. My job is in Perth, but the visa agent that was looking after the application is in Sydney. I can find out and let you know. I would presume it was Perth.

We Guys are in same boat.Since 15th of july nothing. Can't understand why is it so slow ? Its driving me insane already. I think they were talking about processing applications faster from 1st of July..........

I have just received last week a request for further information. So far it's been 10 weeks for me. Likely to be at least another month cos I'm stuck in China and need to copies of all my documents signed by a JP which he won't do unless I'm standing in front of him.

Guest geepsica
Hi All,

14 working days.

Thanks Jadeanna and congrats on your visa, that's one less sufferer out of the pool :wink:. You're right, we have to stay positive, we have to go to bed each night hoping the next morning we'll wake up to good news even if we get disappointed everyday. But all that disappointment will be wiped away on the day it finally happens :jiggy:

Guest geepsica
Oh gosh, I can totally sympathise!!! my cats actually leave on Monday........... the removals people are coming next week and we are supposed to be flying on the 14th. Out tenants have to move in on the 25th so we have no alternative.... This all because our application (so we thought) had been submitted in May except the lawyer forgot....

Some migration agents/lawyers are very dodgy. We had one who almost got me banned from Australia because he failed to tell me my onshore application had been reject (he was supposed to withdraw it but didn't). I found out 5 days before the exit date and that was only because our new agents put in another application. If it weren't for that I would have been banned for 3 years :realmad:

Sooo take it from me, be very wary of migration agents and lawyers who aren't part of a big firm. If you do though, don't stop hassling them.. make em work for their money!!

Guest sylcaddies

Cant believe this! My husband and I are currently on 457 here in Melbourne and needed to apply for new 457 as current one expires 6 days before we can apply for PR. Submitted our application 29 July (having already done my full meds on June 10) and got notification this morning new 457 granted! 7 days start to finish! So keep faith, hope everyone hears good news soon.

Hi,guys we got our 457 visa approval today...Finally after agonizing 7 weeks we made it..I would like to thank everyone in this forum for their support .,you guys mean a world to me. Anyways, i would love to be a part of this family and help those who need help. To quickly sum up ., my timeline is : Visa applied-22nd June. ,Nomination approved-27th June,Medicals finalized -15th July.,Finally the Big one ----->Visa Granted -08/08/2011.:biggrin:(Processing office -Melbourne)

Hi,guys we got our 457 visa approval today...Finally after agonizing 7 weeks we made it..I would like to thank everyone in this forum for their support .,you guys mean a world to me. Anyways, i would love to be a part of this family and help those who need help. To quickly sum up ., my timeline is : Visa applied-22nd June. ,Nomination approved-27th June,Medicals finalized -15th July.,Finally the Big one ----->Visa Granted -08/08/2011.:biggrin:(Processing office -Melbourne)

Congrats, there is maybe hope for me yet then!

Don't worry Carol, you will get yours very soon. Its just matter of time and hold your nerves. It was hard to wait ,time seemed to have stopped for last 7 weeks.,but when it finally came you feel relaxed. :laugh:Main thing is to stay positive at this stage. Anyways, what's your timeline ?

Congrats, there is maybe hope for me yet then!

Guest Jadeanna

Congratulations to all granted visa holders.

Still waiting! Be positive, it will come. If you can not see any reason why it would not be granted then it will come.

Lynne, don't worry too much about times. Every case is different. I don't think you have to wait for the nomination and then wait again for the visa. Mine came together as they were both submitted on the same day. My company applied to be a standard business sponsor in March and that wasn't approved until June. But the nomination & visa was a lot quicker. Good luck to you and your family.

Congratulations to all granted visa holders.

Still waiting! Be positive, it will come. If you can not see any reason why it would not be granted then it will come.

Lynne, don't worry too much about times. Every case is different. I don't think you have to wait for the nomination and then wait again for the visa. Mine came together as they were both submitted on the same day. My company applied to be a standard business sponsor in March and that wasn't approved until June. But the nomination & visa was a lot quicker. Good luck to you and your family.

Thank-you.

I've already submitted my visa application online (22nd July) as we were told that the nomination had been lodged early june only to find out that it hadn't been lodged until 5th July.

How do you know which office is processing it ??

Lynne x

Lynne,well normally once you get a CO ,he/she will send you email stating that they have started working on your application, and what documents they require to finalize your application.,that email will quote the place the application was lodged. Alternatively, you can ask your Migration Agent if any. Hope it Helps.

Thank-you.

I've already submitted my visa application online (22nd July) as we were told that the nomination had been lodged early june only to find out that it hadn't been lodged until 5th July.

How do you know which office is processing it ??

Lynne x

Well, carol if you have a migration agent better speak with him regarding this. I also had to be bit pushy with my agent ,but paid off.We got 1st email from DIAC after 7 days of application lodgement ,asking us to undergo medicals.

My timeline so far is application lodged and fee paid 07/06/11, further processing 16/07/11 and then not heard a thing since :(

Archived