457 processing times

Lexi

Guest jmahood

3FatCats, I was saying to my employer this morning (sat up until 1.30am to chat) that they shouldn't pay the migration lawyer or at least ask for a substantial discount. Funny they were horrified at that! However, the guy has been completely incompetent. He sat on the paperwork for 6 weeks having "forgot" to process then he again "forgot" to submit supporting documentation! Seriously, if I had not got in touch myself I'd still be sitting here wondering what was happening! I was very mad to say the least :mad: I handed in my notice for my job as my employer stipulated a June 6th start date which I contractually agreed to, which at the time seemed reasonable considering I was offered in April!! I'm packed up, flights booked, removals underway. However, chocolate fudge cake goes a long way to ease the pain and suffering! :laugh: I will say the sheer frustration - I don't know how we cope!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3FatCats, I was saying to my employer this morning (sat up until 1.30am to chat) that they shouldn't pay the migration lawyer or at least ask for a substantial discount. Funny they were horrified at that! However, the guy has been completely incompetent. He sat on the paperwork for 6 weeks having "forgot" to process then he again "forgot" to submit supporting documentation! Seriously, if I had not got in touch myself I'd still be sitting here wondering what was happening! I was very mad to say the least :mad: I handed in my notice for my job as my employer stipulated a June 6th start date which I contractually agreed to, which at the time seemed reasonable considering I was offered in April!! I'm packed up, flights booked, removals underway. However, chocolate fudge cake goes a long way to ease the pain and suffering! :laugh: I will say the sheer frustration - I don't know how we cope!

I find a nice glass of wine helps...

Sarah:jiggy:

OK, we are under starters orders....and we are off!

28/07/2011 - Application submitted and fee paid.

Very excited, just need to hold back on stalking the immi website!!!!

Brill!! Good luck with not stalking the website.....I can't help you there as i find it compulsive viewing!

Beck

Guest Jadeanna

I got my TRN number, thanks again for the tip Beckdownunder, I was in the same boat as you, Company Lawyer handling the visa and they are using an agent (Ernst & Young). I'll be logging on every few hours now lol...

All it said was: 19/7/2011 - Application received - processing commenced.

Isn't it so frustrating waiting. I feel like I'm in limbo, not knowing when to book flights and people keep asking me when am I going.....

Luckily it's a job transfer so my employer has known from the begining. They've already hired my replacement here!!!

Brill!! Good luck with not stalking the website.....I can't help you there as i find it compulsive viewing!

Beck

LOL!

I've promised myself that I won't look at immi for at least 2 weeks, however that doesn't stop me stalking our medicals which DHL picked up today at 10.14am!!!!:biggrin:

Guest Pollypocket41
LOL!

I've promised myself that I won't look at immi for at least 2 weeks, however that doesn't stop me stalking our medicals which DHL picked up today at 10.14am!!!!:biggrin:[

Yes thanks Beckdownunder I have my TRN number now, I think I may become number 1 internet user in my firm now though, its so hard not to look and I have to confess to looking twice already today. Expatmummy I was the same with my medical as they were sent via post rather than on line, mine went on Friday 22nd and arrived today so not too bad. Where are you hoping to go ?:smile:

Hi Pollypocket41,

We are off to Perth. Hubby signed a contract out there a couple of weeks ago, but we need the visa acceptance before he can give his notice in. So it is all being kept very secret...and it is killing me! Hopefully it will come through quickly and I can start shouting from the rooftops.:biglaugh:

Guest Pollypocket41

Same for us, partner has accepted a job in Perth, he has handed his notice in though as he had to give 3 months and if it should go wrong (god forbid) he can retract it as they really dont want him to leave. We work for the same firm luckly in different departments and I have had to keep it quiet my side and thats killing me. I swing between being very excited to hmmmmmmmmmm. We are also mid process house sale so not to much stress ha ha :wideeyed:

Guest Pollypocket41

OMG

We have our visas, I went on line to look this morning and it says applicant approved. Please tell me this means we have got it, I am in shock.:yellow_guy_smiling_

Ha! thanks for the advice, particularly like choc cake and wine so I will now drown my sorrows :wink: As from yesterday our online status says Application being considered further... whatever that means. My 3 fat cats are due to fly out on the 8th August so I just hope the powers that be are on our side and the visa will come through soon. We have flights booked for 12th but could delay by a week, no more. Worry worry worry.

Guest geepsica
OMG

We have our visas, I went on line to look this morning and it says applicant approved. Please tell me this means we have got it, I am in shock.:yellow_guy_smiling_

Congrats!! You must be elated!! Could you let us know what your timeline was?

Guest Pollypocket41

It was very quick

Application submitted 13.07.2011

fee received 13.07.2011

Medical done 16.07.2011

Medical received in Sydney 27.07.2011

Processing further 27.07.2011

Applicant approved 29.07.2011.

Still in shock, Hope everyone gets theirs soon.

x

Guest Jadeanna

Congrats Pollypocket. Two weeks!! Wow that was quick, you must be delighted. Best of luck in your new life and adventure. Enjoy :wink:

Guest Pollypocket41

Thanks so much.

Can hand my notice in now, removals are booked, need to sort temp accomadation and bank account and of course flights. My head is all over the place now ha ha.:jiggy:

It was very quick

fee received 13.07.2011

Medical done 16.07.2011

x

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is brilliant news, so pleased for you. Enjoy your celebrations and remember not to panic too much about everything you have now got to sort!

Beck

Guest geepsica
It was very quick

fee received 13.07.2011

Medical done 16.07.2011

x

whoaaa that is quick! I submitted mine a day before you, I hope I get the same treatment. :jiggy:

hope you enjoy your time in Australia, if you haven't been there already and don't know, you will absolutely love it.. I've lived there for 8years and can't see myself anywhere else :-)

Guest asadns
It was very quick

fee received 13.07.2011

Medical done 16.07.2011

x

First of all congrats!!! It was real quick. Can you please share when sponsorship and nomination was approved??? In which office of DIAC was your application submitted???

Oh Yeah !!

Visa granted this morning off to Perth August ,better get my skates on now !!

Time line

24/06/11 app submitted,12/07/11 Health reqs finalised, 30/07/11 Applicant Approved

Many thanks to everyone who answered my queries on the forum,and good luck to those still waiting

Guest jmahood
Oh Yeah !!

Visa granted this morning off to Perth August ,better get my skates on now !!

Time line

24/06/11 app submitted,12/07/11 Health reqs finalised, 30/07/11 Applicant Approved

Many thanks to everyone who answered my queries on the forum,and good luck to those still waiting

Damn you! You got yours before me!! Massive congratulations, I am overjoyed for you more so because I could feel your frustration!! :biglaugh: Well done! :hug:

Thanks J ,fingers crossed that yours isnt far off !

I honestly think its hit and miss regarding timelines and also dependent on which office is handling

your visa ...how long have you been waiting for approval ,and where r u headed ?

Thanks J ,fingers crossed that yours isnt far off !

I honestly think its hit and miss regarding timelines and also dependent on which office is handling

your visa ...how long have you been waiting for approval ,and where r u headed ?

Congratulations, I'm just hoping that they have decided to really get cracking and get all these 457's sorted. Ours has only been submitted for 2 days and it is killing me already!!!!:arghh: