457 processing times

Lexi

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest asadns
My online 457 processing status says applicant approved !! My migration agent says I should hold off til tomorrow to hand in my notice as we'll have had the confirmation email by then? Online it says its already in effect. I'm going to hold off tomorrow anyway just in case.

Its beginning to feel real now !!!

Hi Congrats!!! Best of luck for the move ahead.

Can you share your timeline for sponsorship and nomination too???

Guest jmahood

For all of us still waiting (Tony!) I spoke to immigration today and they have advised that it is currently taking 22 working days max for 457's to be processed, unless you are in the medical profession which is taking slightly longer. Just a glimmer of hope for those of us still waiting! You can e-mail them if you are being processed by the Sydney office, if you have booked flights, for example, and they will advise if your visa will be processed in time at e457.sydney@immi.gov.au

:daydreaming:

Cheers J ... Ill b working in Radiology /healthcare so I guess

my app is takin longer unfortunately ,spoke to my co's migration

agent today and he still quotes 4-6 weeks into the 5th week now

...just a waiting game at the mo ..unfortunately .. But flight

prices are a bit cheaper post July so advantages and disadvantages :)

Cheers

Thank you all for the congrats :)

asadns, my timeline is literally as my signature:

24/06/11 Application Submitted

24/06/11 Payment Received

25/07/11 Applicant Approved

There were no other stages to speak of really.

I've got everything crossed for fattony and everyone else still waiting. Notice goes in to employer tomorrow then I start crapping myself as it will all become very real ! The countdown will begin.

Thank you all for the congrats :)

asadns, my timeline is literally as my signature:

24/06/11 Application Submitted

24/06/11 Payment Received

25/07/11 Applicant Approved

There were no other stages to speak of really.

I've got everything crossed for fattony and everyone else still waiting. Notice goes in to employer tomorrow then I start crapping myself as it will all become very real ! The countdown will begin.

CONGRATULATIONS !!!! :biggrin:

Guest jmahood
Cheers J ... Ill b working in Radiology /healthcare so I guess

my app is takin longer unfortunately ,spoke to my co's migration

agent today and he still quotes 4-6 weeks into the 5th week now

...just a waiting game at the mo ..unfortunately .. But flight

prices are a bit cheaper post July so advantages and disadvantages :)

Cheers

I booked a flight via a site called travelhouse.co.uk. Really cheap flight - under £500 including taxes with Singapore Airlines!! I also get two free flight changes if I need to move the date in case visa not through. I've given up with our migration lawyer and just go direct to DIAC. Although my employer is paying the migration fees, the level of service has been extremely poor. But all being well, I'll be in Sydney for 24th August! :spinny:

Hi,websie congratulations on approval... You are another lucky one. When will it be a happy moment for us ..Sick of waiting!!!!

Applied :22/06/11,Nomination approved:27/06/11, Medicals finalised:15/07/11.Visa Grant: Still waiting ..........:daydreaming:

Finally VISA APPROVED!!!!!!:biggrin:

Checked online 4.30pm Aus time nothing, checked again 7.30pm and there it was.

Hi,websie congratulations on approval... You are another lucky one. When will it be a happy moment for us ..Sick of waiting!!!!

Applied :22/06/11,Nomination approved:27/06/11, Medicals finalised:15/07/11.Visa Grant: Still waiting ..........:daydreaming:

Thanks Gillz, don't worry your time will come soon.

My Nomination was approved 14.7.11 so just over 2 weeks after.

I did not have medicals but I have lived in Australia for the last 19 months not sure if that made a difference.

Guest jmahood
Hi Jmahood.

How did you book a one way flight with travelhouse.co.uk. I can't find anywhere on the site to do this. Please help?

Thanx

Hi, once in the website scroll across the menu bar on the top to flights, scroll down to the bottom of the page to the section that says choose your worldwide flight destination from there click on where you plan to go (there is a long list) and it comes up with special offers. Alternatively call Jason on 020 7096 0306 - he is the rep I spoke to and was extremely helpful. The deals change regularly so there may be something else he an offer you too. At the moment China Eastern are on offer at £359 + tax. :jiggy:

Guest geepsica

Hi All,

New to the forum. Here's my current status:

01/07/2011 - Nomination approved

12/07/2011 - Application submitted

...Waiting...

Does anyone know - when a case officer is assigned to the application, are you notified? Or are you only notified when the CO needs more information?

My company's migration agents are handling the process btw.

Guest Pollypocket41

Hi all

Its funny we have all never met, yet we all know what the other is feeling, congratulations to all that have got their visa's and hope the rest of you get it soon. Our 457 visa was submitted on the 13.07.2011, medical done (just me) on the 16.07.2011, as I didnt need a blood test or chest x ray they said they could get them sent on the Monday, anyhows they didnt as it got over looked so they didnt go till Friday soooooooooooooooooooooo frustrating, online tracking says they will get there Thursday. So then I am guessing from reading all your posts it takes about 4-8 weeks. I havent handed in my notice yet but my partner has (as he can retract his) and he is due to leave at the end of September so really want to be able to leave at the same time, I only have to give a month. Phew it feels so good to talk about this to others who understand what its like.:chatterbox:

Finally VISA APPROVED!!!!!!:biggrin:

Checked online 4.30pm Aus time nothing, checked again 7.30pm and there it was.

Woo hoo !!!! brilliant news :biggrin:

I've just had my heart do a flip as went to look on the online tracker and I have a new line:

11 July - Application received - processing commenced

26 July - Application being processed further!!!

So, hopefully that is good news, will not be able to sleep for the next few night now!

Good luck all xxx

Hi all

Its funny we have all never met, yet we all know what the other is feeling, congratulations to all that have got their visa's and hope the rest of you get it soon. Our 457 visa was submitted on the 13.07.2011, medical done (just me) on the 16.07.2011, as I didnt need a blood test or chest x ray they said they could get them sent on the Monday, anyhows they didnt as it got over looked so they didnt go till Friday soooooooooooooooooooooo frustrating, online tracking says they will get there Thursday. So then I am guessing from reading all your posts it takes about 4-8 weeks. I havent handed in my notice yet but my partner has (as he can retract his) and he is due to leave at the end of September so really want to be able to leave at the same time, I only have to give a month. Phew it feels so good to talk about this to others who understand what its like.:chatterbox:

Good luck Pollypocket41, I'm sure you'll get your visa through in time. I have also already handed my notice in in anticipation and booked flights and accomodation - will be brown trouser time if it takes longer than expected!!

Guest Pollypocket41
Good luck Pollypocket41, I'm sure you'll get your visa through in time. I have also already handed my notice in in anticipation and booked flights and accomodation - will be brown trouser time if it takes longer than expected!!

Your brown trouser comment really made me chuckle, ill keep my fingers crossed for you. My partners new firm have assigned an agent (Frogerman) and everything is in as far as im aware. We dont have an online tracking number though so I cant check the process, which is maybe a good thing :wideeyed:

Your brown trouser comment really made me chuckle, ill keep my fingers crossed for you. My partners new firm have assigned an agent (Frogerman) and everything is in as far as im aware. We dont have an online tracking number though so I cant check the process, which is maybe a good thing :wideeyed:

Hey, my company is using a solicitor to do the application and they hadn't given me a tracking number. You can get it for yourself though :-) If you go to this page

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry/query/query.do?action=eVisa

then at the bottom it has a link if you dont know your tracking number. Fill in the info, date application lodged, passport number surname etc and you get an automated e mail after a day or so with your TRN. Where it asked for payment type, I just guessed at credit card as the co paid it for me and it worked!

Beck

Hi

I feel like we have been waiting for ages (I have no patience at all), the employer submitted their nomination on 17th June, and so far nothing................

Might be nearer the 8 weeks for us.

In LIMBO!

Sarah

Hi,

We will hopefully have our application submitted today. But it has been nearly 2 weeks since my husband signed his new contract and the agents were appointed. They seem to be working very slowly! But hopefully now things will start happening. All our medicals and xrays are sitting at our dotors waiting for a reference number so they can get going. The only problem we have is our daughters passport hits the 6 month limit in October so we need to be in Oz even if my husband is stuck here working out his notice!!!:eek:

Guest jmahood
Hi

I feel like we have been waiting for ages (I have no patience at all), the employer submitted their nomination on 17th June, and so far nothing................

Might be nearer the 8 weeks for us.

In LIMBO!

Sarah

My application was submitted by an incompetent migration lawyer on 17th June (instead of 5th May when he said he'd sent it - even e-mailing me on 2nd June to tell me there was a delay in the processing times!!) today I got a status change to .... application being processed further :yes:. However, I have been in touch with them several times via telephone and e-mail pushing them along. I've also booked my flights. I'm really hoping I'm on the final straight, seriously I don't know how much more cake I can eat for comfort!!!!

Tony - what's happening, any news? :hug:

Jane

Aw bless you Jane, hopefully it will happen soon. I have been waiting since end of June too.... and experienced a similar situation as yours. Our documents were sent to lawyer back in April and he "forgot" to do the submission until end June!!! Makes your blood boil doesn't it?? I also have flights booked, removals booked, cats booked..... if something goes wrong I may just have a fit.

Archived