457 processing times

Lexi

Yahoo!!! We got ours today. Delighted as we are flying out the 12th August. Major relief :)

Champagne anybody??? Hope you all get yours soon as well

xx

Woo hoo!!!! brilliant news :wink: I bet you are so releaved!

My 457 is on week 2 of processing (pre approved sponsor), and I have took the plunge today and handed in my notice :eek::eek::eek:. Going to book flights for beginning of October, so fingers crossed it all gets approved by then!!!

Good luck all who are waiting xx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,Guys I am new to this forum. Well i have been really impressed by this website. How people from different countries interact with each other and share their experiences. Amazing. ..Well, I have applied for 457 onshore visa. Just wanted to ask ,how long does it take after the medicals are finalized? Our medicals were finalised on 15th july. :spinny:

Beckdownunder we were the same as you. My Hubbie had handed in his notice for the 5th August and we had booked the flights for the 12th. Just took a gamble which thankfully paid off. Flight prices were increasing all the time. Best of luck

hey thats brilliant news - so pleased the timings worked out for you!

Not long now, bet you are very excited!

Good luck with everything.

beck

Guest shell27

Hi all,

My husband also has a 457 visa application lodged, it was lodged on 15 July so just wondering is it usually the full 6-8 weeks before the visa is granted?

Also when it is granted where to we go from there, might seem like a silly question but do you have to take your passport to be stamped or something??

Guest Jadeanna

Hi All, Our Agent lodged our 457 nomination and visa application today, so it is now a waiting game.

Shell27, as far as I am aware it is all electronic but and it is your own choice weather you get it stamped by the passport office or not. If you choose not to then you would have to print a copy of the official visa letter and you'd need this to buy a mobile, open a bank account or rent a property. I am not talking from experience just from the research I've done, so I could be wrong :@( Sorry probably not much help!! But maybe someone else will give us the correct answer.

Guest shell27
Hi All, Our Agent lodged our 457 nomination and visa application today, so it is now a waiting game.

Shell27, as far as I am aware it is all electronic but and it is your own choice weather you get it stamped by the passport office or not. If you choose not to then you would have to print a copy of the official visa letter and you'd need this to buy a mobile, open a bank account or rent a property. I am not talking from experience just from the research I've done, so I could be wrong :@( Sorry probably not much help!! But maybe someone else will give us the correct answer.

Thanks Jadeanna,

That's good to know, its this silly little things I don't have much clue about (I really don't have much clue about any of this which is making it frustrating!)

Hopefully you hear back quickly about your 457 visa!

Our application was lodged on 29/5/11, my OH's medicals were finalised today and mine have only just been referred even though mine were uploaded electronically on 23/06/11 and hers arrived by snail mail on 14/07/11!!!!

So much for ehealth being quicker.

Anyway it will be 8 weeks on 24/07/11 since we lodged, so it can take 8 weeks or more...........:arghh:

Guest jmahood

Visa not through yet, but I've booked a flight for 22nd August - too good an offer to resist and I get two free flight changes too. So Heathrow to Sydney £279 + tax Singapore Airlines. I feel like I'm actually doing something rather then treading water in limbo.

Visa not through yet, but I've booked a flight for 22nd August - too good an offer to resist and I get two free flight changes too. So Heathrow to Sydney £279 + tax Singapore Airlines. I feel like I'm actually doing something rather then treading water in limbo.

That sounds really cheap - how much is the tax though? We have got quotes at £699 all in for sept.

That sounds really cheap - how much is the tax though? We have got quotes at £699 all in for sept.

We booked with Singapore Airlines from Heathrow to Melbourne and it's £1700 for 3 of us and my husband is very excited that it's the A380 all the way:biggrin: We had a nightmare with the on-line booking system and ended up booking our connecting flight from Scotland over the phone.

Week 8 for us is this Sunday 25th July.

My status has just turned to Health requirements finalised. All of our documents were loaded with the application on 29th May except the health ones, so with any luck it should be sorted either way soon........

Guest penfold007

Visa has just been granted today - 14 days from appliaction being submitted! but 5 months from official process starting. Everything was submitted with the application, police checks etc - no need for medicals!(am from a low risk country with a low risk job) also employer made call to immigration to speed things up. Cant bloody wait - Sydney here I come!!!!!!:)

Hi Gillz

For us it took 6 days for the medicals to be finalised, including a Sat and a Sun.

Our visa was granted today... 3 weeks and 2 days from start to finish!!

Thanks AJW,for the reply. It relieves a bit of pressure of your mind if someone's positive comments. Ours today 1 month since appilcation. Our nomination was approved on 27th June. Lets hope for the best. :unsure:

Definition of Frustration

frus·tra·tion   

[fruh-strey-shuhn]

–noun

1. waiting for your 457 to be processed, seeing it's online status remaining unchanged for weeks on end, reading about others' applications being approved even though they submitted after yours.

2. act of frustrating; state of being frustrated: the frustration of the president's efforts.

3. an instance of being frustrated: to experience a series of frustrations before completing a project.

4. something that frustrates, as an unresolved problem.

5. a feeling of dissatisfaction, often accompanied by anxiety or depression, resulting from unfulfilled needs or unresolved problems.

I jest ! :wink: Congratulations to those who've had their applications approved. Exciting times ahead.

We've pretty much sorted out everything we can prior to the visa being approved. As you can see from the date below, we've been waiting 4 weeks to the day (I know this is still a lot less than some wait :smile:)

Chin-up to those who are still waiting

Definition of Frustration

frus·tra·tion   

[fruh-strey-shuhn]

–noun

1. waiting for your 457 to be processed, seeing it's online status remaining unchanged for weeks on end, reading about others' applications being approved even though they submitted after yours.

2. act of frustrating; state of being frustrated: the frustration of the president's efforts.

3. an instance of being frustrated: to experience a series of frustrations before completing a project.

4. something that frustrates, as an unresolved problem.

5. a feeling of dissatisfaction, often accompanied by anxiety or depression, resulting from unfulfilled needs or unresolved problems.

I jest ! :wink: Congratulations to those who've had their applications approved. Exciting times ahead.

We've pretty much sorted out everything we can prior to the visa being approved. As you can see from the date below, we've been waiting 4 weeks to the day (I know this is still a lot less than some wait :smile:)

Chin-up to those who are still waiting

Well said ..Thats just amazing . Are you heading to OZ as a poet ??:biggrin: Well, we lodged ours on 22nd june . Still waiting .......:wacko:

Guest shell27

We have been tracking our application online and our status has changed to application being processed further - e-mail sent. Does anyone know what they would have said in the e-mail?? We haven't received the e-mail directly as it has gone to the migration agent and we didn't hear from her today and with it being Friday prob won't hear until Monday but I'm curious!!

It does say in the document checklist tab that any requests have to be done within 28 days but we sent all documentation to the migration agent that she needed for the application, I've no idea what they could need now? Do we have to get medicals on a 457?

My online 457 processing status says applicant approved !! My migration agent says I should hold off til tomorrow to hand in my notice as we'll have had the confirmation email by then? Online it says its already in effect. I'm going to hold off tomorrow anyway just in case.

Its beginning to feel real now !!!

:wink::wink:Well,Congrats to you for approval.At last you are out of all that wait. Lucky one.. :biggrin:

Pray for us ..We applied on 22nd June .Medicals finalized and futher processing message since last week. Nomination was approved on 27th of june. Its taking long since than...Waiting for the golden words....

My online 457 processing status says applicant approved !! My migration agent says I should hold off til tomorrow to hand in my notice as we'll have had the confirmation email by then? Online it says its already in effect. I'm going to hold off tomorrow anyway just in case.

Its beginning to feel real now !!!

Congrats to Bushwhacker ..well done and about time .. :)

Im in the same boat as a few others ,app submitted 24/06/11..medicals finalised 12/07/11 ...and waiting ..still ..but hopefully soon approved ..hopefully

Good luck to all

FT

Hi,Fattony . Well did you apply onshore or offshore? Our situation is pretty much same here. Lets hope for some good news soon. :yes:

Congrats to Bushwhacker ..well done and about time .. :)

Im in the same boat as a few others ,app submitted 24/06/11..medicals finalised 12/07/11 ...and waiting ..still ..but hopefully soon approved ..hopefully

Good luck to all

FT