457 processing times

Lexi

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest flossiebess

hi there,

been lurking, but thought I'd add my details in!

lodged via an australian agent (employer pays them) on 17th June, we haven't been allocated a case officer yet. We uploaded the health insurance a couple of days ago, so really hoping for a quick turnaround!

we are off to Perth - can't wait!

I got my visa :) Applied the 13th May and approval received 27th June.

Hi,

Is there anyone in this forum from India or Pakistan,having MBBS degree applied for 457 visa?Is IELTS necessary for this visa?pls. guide me..................

my app was lodge on 26 May 11 (sponsor, nomina and e457 at same time)

my time line as below

26/05/2011 Application received - processing commenced

26/05/2011 Application fee received

30/6/2011 sponsor and normination approved

30/6/2011 Application being processed further

30/6/2011 case officer required health insurance cover

1/7/2011 I bought insurance cover from Madibank which cost my wife and me $2,540:nah:

Does anyone know what is the next step ? Is that a massage thet I'd grant the visa soon?

Any help

Thanks.

Danny

Guest chanurahemal

my time line as below

1/7/2011 I bought insurance cover from Madibank which cost my wife and me $2,540:nah:

Does anyone know what is the next step ? Is that a massage thet I'd grant the visa soon?

Any help

Thanks.

Danny

Hi,

Was it cost $2540 to your insurance? i got IMAN insurance plan just 71$ per month.anyway it doesn't matter until it works.Now you should have received a letter from insurance company which has mentioned all details of you and insurance.You should submit that letter to immigration.I did it before asked by case officer(application submit stage).thats it as i know.i hope this will be helpful.you are edge of getting visa.Good Luck.

Cheers

Our 457 was approved today! woop woop!! Our timeline is as follows:

28 June - Application received - processing commenced

28 June - Application fee received

2 July - Medicals finalised

6 July - Applicants approved.

7 working days (including a Saturday!!)

We had front loaded our medicals - paper submissions, received by DIAC on 15 June and our health insurance. Only pain in the backside is that, although we were advised that we all needed medicals (my husband who's a nurse, myself who'll be a housewife and our 3 little girls) it transpires that only my husband and our eldest daughter who'll be a school, needed them. Could have saved ourselves about £500!!)

Never mind! We're off on 10 August to enjoy our new life!!!

Just a quick update. I chased my agent today and she has been advised that the minimum salary has now increased from the 1st July.

On the plus side at least I know my application has been looked at and now I just need to ask my boss for a payrise. Fingers crossed:err:

Timeline so far

Sponsorship lodged 20th May

Sponsorship approved 17th June

Nomination lodged 18th June

457 lodged 21st June

More information requested 6th July

Hi,

Was it cost $2540 to your insurance? i got IMAN insurance plan just 71$ per month.anyway it doesn't matter until it works.Now you should have received a letter from insurance company which has mentioned all details of you and insurance.You should submit that letter to immigration.I did it before asked by case officer(application submit stage).thats it as i know.i hope this will be helpful.you are edge of getting visa.Good Luck.

Cheers

Thanks a lot. finally visa approved!!!!!!:biggrin:

my time line as below

7/7/2011 visa approved !!!!:biggrin:

Guest sidcupjon

29th May Employer Nomination Approved

2nd June Visa Application submitted - processing commenced

7th July Visa approved

We are so happy, apologies if you haven't received your visa yet, it will happen, it took us really by surprise as we thought it would say case officer assigned next, or maybe a request for medicals - but we didn't need medicals in the end.

Take care verybody and good luck for those waiting for visas

Guest Mrs Sammundo

Hello

Our migrant agent lodged our e457 visa on 6/6/11. My medical's were finalised on 29/6/11. I had an email this morning from the agent saying that she's really sorry but we don't have a CO yet!! Is this normal? It sounds to me like she's nervous now and last week she told me to book our flights which I have done for 18th September.

I have already got health cover and police checks done.

Is it normal not to have a CO yet? Am I going to have to cancel these flights!!

Arghhhh!!!! I was so calm until that email!!!

our 457 went to parramatta, i had to have medicals as i have asthma and hypothyroidism, and my son who has asthma, but you don't always need medicals depends what profession, mine was referred but finalised about 8 days later. ours lodged 30/5 and approved 7/7 so now waiting to book flights, 5 weeks and 4 days to be precise and probably checked the diac website on average 4-6 times daily.

good luck

Niki

Guest sidcupjon
Hello

Our migrant agent lodged our e457 visa on 6/6/11. My medical's were finalised on 29/6/11. I had an email this morning from the agent saying that she's really sorry but we don't have a CO yet!! Is this normal? It sounds to me like she's nervous now and last week she told me to book our flights which I have done for 18th September.

we lodged our visa on 02/06/11 and it was approved on 07/07/11. After 4 weeks of waiting I emailed DIAC and they said case officers are assigned within 4-5 weeks, so you should have one very soon.

I was told at the start of the process it takes a maximum of 8 weeks and they are trying to speed it up, so your flights on 18th September should be fine.

Jon.

Guest Guest41797

my 457 Business Sponsorship

14/04/2011 Application received - processing commenced

14/04/2011 Application fee received

07/05/2011 Further information required

09/06/2011 Information received

still waiting................................

but i m in Australia on bridging visa. tell me anyone is Sponsorship taking long time for approval? :sad:

My Time line is as follows.....

05/05/2011 Application recieved - processing

23/05/2011 Application being processed

31/05/2011 Further information required

23/06/2011 Information recieved

I just hope i hear something back soon as i am already in Oz on a bridging visa.....fingers crossed!! Just hate the wait and check my emails about 3 times a day...i love my job here and dont want to go home!!

P.S Has anyone ever heard of someone getting declined after getting this far?

Thanks

Guest Guest41797

also let me know if any progress.. which state u r? & which category u applied. i m in VIC & i applied in Graphic Pre Press.

Ok Thats a deal...keep me updated on yourselt too!! I am in Perth (WA) and applied with project administration in construction....so frustrating with all the waiting isnt it!!

Guest girlinOZ
Hi,

These questions are purely because I am inpatient but can anyone tell me if it actually takes 8 weeks for a 457 visa to be processed or is that the maximum time it coudl take?

Also do you always need medicals with a 457? And police checks?

Its torture waiting to hear back about the visa application and everything else we have to do is all based on when and if the visa is granted. Someone put me out of my misery please!

Hello Lexi,

Hang in there! yes, you do need the medicals and the police reports. I'm moving from Southern cali and I got an FBI report and a report from the local county police. If you are in the medical field you will need some extra labs. I am a nurse, sponsored by a hospital in Townsville. It took me about 3 months to gather all my docs, then after i applied online and uploaded all my docs, my visa was sponsored about 6 weeks after the visa was lodged.

Good luck!

Well, 8 weeks since we submitted our e457 and still nothing!

Spoke with DIAC this morning, gave them all the sob stories as to why we now really need a quick (lol) response, quoted their ludicrous claim of an average 22 calendar days to process a 457, but still

nothing, it was like talking to a brick wall. The Aussies certainly don't do irony and appear to have a sense of humour by-pass!!!

She can't see any reason why it has not been granted, or why we are waiting this long, but she will have to get the CO (who is never available, not seen or heard a word from them yet) to contact us, but it won't be today as it's close of business now at 4.30:mad:

Has anyone else been waiting more than 8 weeks now for a 457 where the company sponsorship had already been approved? If there is, maybe we should start our own thread; 8 weeks and counting!

Scotty

Hi,

To be honest, I'm not sure where we are at! My husband signed a contract in Perth on Friday, he has had a medical and we have had an e-mail from from the agent the company is using for details of our medical insurance. So I'm wading through the options (basic or mid-level?), and trying to work out if previous acute illnesses are a problem...our child had leukaemia when 2, treament was sucessful, and has been clear for 5 years now...So far the only thing I can find is mention of pre-existing conditions which have wait times on them, which I think refers to ailments like Asthma etc. Any advise??

The main problem is the new company what hubby to start ASAP, but he can't hand in his notice until the visa is through, and his notice period is 3 months!!!!

Guest ck0209

My husbands only took 3 weeks from being submitted and we were told to expect it to take between 2 - 4 weeks.

Guest jmahood
Well, 8 weeks since we submitted our e457 and still nothing!

Spoke with DIAC this morning, gave them all the sob stories as to why we now really need a quick (lol) response, quoted their ludicrous claim of an average 22 calendar days to process a 457, but still

nothing, it was like talking to a brick wall. The Aussies certainly don't do irony and appear to have a sense of humour by-pass!!!

She can't see any reason why it has not been granted, or why we are waiting this long, but she will have to get the CO (who is never available, not seen or heard a word from them yet) to contact us, but it won't be today as it's close of business now at 4.30:mad:

Has anyone else been waiting more than 8 weeks now for a 457 where the company sponsorship had already been approved? If there is, maybe we should start our own thread; 8 weeks and counting!

Scotty

Great idea Scotty I'm 11 weeks and counting!

Guest hmamoun
Hello

Sorry what is it mean CO?

Archived