457 processing times

Lexi

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so happy to have found this thread!

I have been nominated and submitted my app on 27/12/10...didnt hear anything until today when ive been asked for refs from my current and previous employers...is this normal?? Might take a while getting them from Dublin and UK...just want all of this visa stuff to be sorted :P

so happy to have found this thread!

I have been nominated and submitted my app on 27/12/10...didnt hear anything until today when ive been asked for refs from my current and previous employers...is this normal?? Might take a while getting them from Dublin and UK...just want all of this visa stuff to be sorted :P

Yea quite normal, they just want to see if you have experience and good track record if your gonna take a job ahead of any prospective aussie. Did you submit it by paper or e457 (online). My company submitted my nomination via paper but still no reply. U onshore or offshore?

Yea quite normal, they just want to see if you have experience and good track record if your gonna take a job ahead of any prospective aussie. Did you submit it by paper or e457 (online). My company submitted my nomination via paper but still no reply. U onshore or offshore?

Phew...that has stopped some stressing out...I did mine online and submitted my certified copies, xray and police check by hand into the local office here in Brisbane. I lodged it on 27th Dec and didnt even get an acknowledgement until the 9th of Feb!

It hasnt been smooth sailing though. I was in the middle of applying for a student visa (having been here on a whv) when this co offered to sponsor me and i went to immigration to ask them what i needed to do in order to cancel that app and apply for the 457. They said i could apply onshore which i obviously did. Then i got moved from a bridging visa A to a C without work permission, couldnt work and had to apply for work permission - so its been a bit of a hassle.

The c/o today said that the visa i was on was not substantive and i have to give compelling grounds as to why i applied onshore...i recorded the contact name, date and time of the visit to immigration when i was told this info...is it compelling if i tell them i was given this information and applied on that basis? I dont want to seem like im complaining but i would have applied offshore if i had known and i dont want this going against me when i genuinely didnt know any different.

thanks

Jo

Guest CharleneBLiverpool

Just found out my case worker only works 15 hours per week! Hence the 2 month delay!!!! grrr

Hopefully will start moving now nomination has been approved :)

I bet you hear something ont he 19th Feb matu78

Today is a good day, finally getting some movement on the visa!!

19/01/2011 Application received - processing commenced

19/01/2011 Application fee received

15/02/2011 Application being processed further

15/02/2011 Further information required

15/02/2011 Information received

So with a bit of luck it should all go through soon.:biglaugh:

Today is a good day, finally getting some movement on the visa!!

19/01/2011 Application received - processing commenced

19/01/2011 Application fee received

15/02/2011 Application being processed further

15/02/2011 Further information required

15/02/2011 Information received

So with a bit of luck it should all go through soon.:biglaugh:

Good luck, it's on its way....................Mystic Lexi will be right 19th Feb for you, :jiggy::jiggy:

Guest the woodcocks

Help!! Ref 457 just getting all paperwork certified, phoned solicitor to book in and got told sorry we dont know you! Bye!

Surely my passport would have verified that!

Does anyone know who can actually sign all this stuff?

Neal & sarah

Guest edwardsfamily

a solicitor!!

that one obviously did not know what they were doing, which is a bit of a worry :)

try another one....they dont need to know you, just to certify that the copies are true copies and not been changed in any way.

ours only charged £12 so good luck :)

Help!! Ref 457 just getting all paperwork certified, phoned solicitor to book in and got told sorry we dont know you! Bye!

Surely my passport would have verified that!

Does anyone know who can actually sign all this stuff?

Neal & sarah

In Australia, a 'certified copy' means a copy which is authorised as a

true copy before whom a Statutory Declaration may be made. Persons

authorised to certify copies in Australia include:

a magistrate

a Justice of the Peace

a Commissioner for Declarations

a Commissioner for Affidavits

a solicitor

a registered medical practitioner

a bank manager

a postal manager

an Australian Postal Corporation officer with five (5) years service.

English translations

Hope this helps.

Guest sunshine gail
Thanks everyone, it seems that it doesnt take 8 weeks and I think our application is pretty straight forward.

Joanne - I am not going to be working, its my Husband who is being sponsored and he is a Civil Engineer so probably wont need a police check.

Thanks again everyone, I will continue to stalk the immi.gov website until they grant our visa ha ha.

Hi

Hope you do not mind me asking but my husband has also been offered a job offer and 457 visa application going through as we speak but I am not sure if he needs a medical, did your husband? Where are you going in Oz? We are going to Perth but we are still so undecided as my husband is 50 and has worked for his UK company for over 20 years so massive risk if it doesn't work out!! Wish I had a crystal ball!

Thanks

Gail

I've been informed by our agent this morning that we won't need medicals, but I'm not sure what the criteria are to decide this...

Does anyone have any information about the fast tracking of 457 visas in QLD? Is this limited to people working in construction or are they processing all visas more quickly?

I've been informed by our agent this morning that we won't need medicals, but I'm not sure what the criteria are to decide this...

Does anyone have any information about the fast tracking of 457 visas in QLD? Is this limited to people working in construction or are they processing all visas more quickly?

Check this site out:

DIAC latest news ( 27th-jan-2011 - Embrace Australia - A community for everyone who loves Australia

It seems limited to engineering and construction, with processing times of 5 days.

Hmm, I guess mine will go in as an environmental consultant rather than environmental engineer. I was just getting my hopes up for a visa in a week! Guess I'll just join the queue with everyone else... ;)

Guest HavenMarra

Small world CandS - I'm in the same line of work. Starting in Brissy at the end of March - if this 457 arrives (still no update as of 14:37).

Hmm, I guess mine will go in as an environmental consultant rather than environmental engineer. I was just getting my hopes up for a visa in a week! Guess I'll just join the queue with everyone else... ;)

Small world CandS - I'm in the same line of work. Starting in Brissy at the end of March - if this 457 arrives (still no update as of 14:37).

It certainly is! What line of work are you in and who are you going to work for?

I'm working for URS now that Scott Wilson has been swallowed up.

Guest HavenMarra

Well that makes 2 of us then!! Crazy stuff!!

Starting with URS on Qn St. Permitting and Approvals - EIS stuff.

just need this darned visa to arrive so I can book teh flights and shipping as well as the accom in Brissy.

How about you?

Yep, that's where I'm heading! I'm going to join the air quality team but I'm hoping to carry on doing some EIS and international development type work too.

I've asked the agent whether I'd qualify for the fast-track visa and they're checking with URS. Hopefully they'll pull their finger out and get the application lodged tomorrow either way.

Well i got a call from my employer saying there a few problems and i was told today the online e457 was only my nomination and that there is delays

i am right pi$$ed off as i turned down an other job which was all ready to do my application they told me they done it before so i thought they new what they were doing but seams they do not know

i will call them tomorrow try get to the bottom of this

right stressed

Well i got a call from my employer saying there a few problems and i was told today the online e457 was only my nomination and that there is delays

i am right pi$$ed off as i turned down an other job which was all ready to do my application they told me they done it before so i thought they new what they were doing but seams they do not know

i will call them tomorrow try get to the bottom of this

right stressed

Ouch!!! Controversial, I am still waiting on my Nomination going on 5 weeks now. I am gonna email the company to get them to chase the DIAC and to see whats up. Sick of this...