457 processing times

Lexi

Yo Yo Cazbob,

Yea I felt that too (good to know someone else is in the same boat in Dublin etc). I am heading back to Melbourne. It's where I settled at the end of my travels and started my job where I did a 6 month stint. I didnt want to come home because the company rules as does the life, but fair play to them they offered me a position as soon as I got home, and thats where we stand at present.

I didnt even try and look for a job here because of fear of definite rejection no matter what kind of experience one can have as a QS, there are just no jobs. What kinda work are you at in Adelaide, and have you worked with them before when you were on the WHV?

Aslo Oz as you know love the Irish because we work our socks off, the Dublin slang was sorta an introduction to yours truly. I just cant wait or settle or sleep or laugh or cry or keep myself from going frickin nuts!!!:yellow_guy_crazy_ty

I bet like me, your checkin your inbox every hour on the hour and first thing in the morning.

It will come and you will do an nomination dance, as will I :jiggy:

Then round 2....

I'm an Architect so i feel your 'definite rejection no matter what' pain! i worked with the firm who are sponsoring me for 9 months while i was on my WHV (there was a company takeover during that time so i wasn't breaking any rules, thankfully!) i loved the job, loved the people, have family in Adelaide and a heap of friends i'm dying to get back to. i'm living with my parents while i'm unemployed and on the dole here, it's killing me knowing there's an amazing job waiting for me if only the DIAC would get their finger out!

i check my inbox constantly, especially in the morning in case something has come thru overnight while i've been dreaming of a better life in Oz! i've also pestered my employer relentlessly (i'm glad we're friends coz i don't think he'd put up with me otherwise!) I also rang the CO and was told it would be decided on within a week.... that was almost 3 weeks ago!

going out of my mind and feel like my life is on hold :arghh:

we'll keep the faith eh kbo? keep eachother's spirits up till we can dance our way to the airport! :jiggy:

Caz

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest outnumbered
Hope given!

Where are you applying for? (We are Brisbane bound)

Crossed fingers for similar turnarounds. Ours went in yesterday (with the cash!) and the system is stating "Processing Commenced". I kinda just delighted it is finally in the system but I'm due to start work 28/3 and can't book flights / shipping until the visa is confirmed.

Great yours was so fast - good luck with everything.

Thank you

Heading for Perth. I understand how you are feeling as my husband is due to start work 28th Feb and we were starting to feel the stress of the short time frame as, like you, our flights and shipping couldn't be booked before the visa was approved either.

Fingers crossed for a quick turn around for you and good luck with your move to Brisbane :smile:

Guest outnumbered
Hi outnumbered,

Thanks for your reply. Can I ask if your application was updated to processing further before you got word it was granted? Also did you have to have medicals and police checks?

We submitted ours on the 13th January too and have not heard anything. How did they inform you? Sorry for all of the questions. I am so jealous!

Hi Lexi

Sorry, I'm not going to be much help with your question. My husbands company and the agent they used did all the work for us. (we just had to get qualifications/certificates/ photos sorted) We weren't given a way of keeping tabs on the process of our visa (which was probably a good thing as I would have been checking it every few minutes of every day!!). We didn't have to have medicals or police checks though.

I really hope that you are not waiting much longer.

Waiting is such a pain. We're still waiting for the company to put in the nomination application. No idea what is taking them so long but we keep getting told it's almost ready. Dunno how we'll cope waiting on the visa once that goes in.

i had the same issues, they lumbered about with the forms for months on end until eventually my boss got his assisstant to get then in order and they finally sent them in 6 months after i'd originally sent them to them! :arghh:

just keep gently nudging them and they'll get their act together shortly enough! if they submit online it'll make things easier for u as you can then submit your visa app as soon as they submit theirs (they'll get a TRN - transactions reference number - which u can then use to submit urs) and then u can sit back and wait for both bits to come thru!

i know it's frustrating but keep at them! :rolleyes:

Caz

Guest CharleneBLiverpool

Congratulations Outnumbered!

I think your's went through so fast as your heading to Perth, I believe the process is alot faster than Sydney due to the high numbers applying!

If I don't hear anything this week I am going to cry!

Guest outnumbered
Congratulations Outnumbered!

I think your's went through so fast as your heading to Perth, I believe the process is alot faster than Sydney due to the high numbers applying!

If I don't hear anything this week I am going to cry!

Thank you

Fingers firmly crossed that you get some news this week!

i had the same issues, they lumbered about with the forms for months on end until eventually my boss got his assisstant to get then in order and they finally sent them in 6 months after i'd originally sent them to them! :arghh:

just keep gently nudging them and they'll get their act together shortly enough! if they submit online it'll make things easier for u as you can then submit your visa app as soon as they submit theirs (they'll get a TRN - transactions reference number - which u can then use to submit urs) and then u can sit back and wait for both bits to come thru!

i know it's frustrating but keep at them! :rolleyes:

Caz

I'd lose the plot having to wait that long!

The department head employing her is desperate to get her in and she really badgered us and the referees we used to get everything done and in to them before xmas. Now it's in the hands of the HR department. We've chased a couple of times now and have said every day delay is a day later for her to start.

She even handed her notice in wef 18 March as she's on a three month notice and so now it's looking like she'll be out of work and we'll be out of pocket. I'm not handing mine in until we've the visa 'in hand'. But that means a month from the grant of the visa and then we'll need a couple of weeks to head around saying goodbyes and getting out there.

Arrrrgh! :arghh:

It'll all come good though :v_SPIN:

Guest twinkle1920

Hi all,

My partner and I submitted our application 6 and a half weeks ago and still waiting...we have chased the CO a lot but to no avail. His company are dealing with the most part of it, as he is transferring with them, but they don't seem to be all that much help. He has now finished his job in UK and is due to start in Sydney on 17th Feb!!

I'm not giong out for a few more months but it is so frustrating just waiting! Good luck to all!

Congratulations Outnumbered!!

The first stage of our visa was put in for on the 13th and we've been told there's a two week backlog so here's hoping that's cleared up a bit now. We're on our way to Perth too and soooooo excited now...not too mention impatient!

Just want to get there now lol

I had been wondering if it was an Irish thing but i know a few people on the Irish thread had theirs through in no time at all so that was that idea out the window!

where are u heading to?

good to know i'm not the only one waiting from round this neck of the woods and also good o know that the person your company nominated at the end of nov got theirs through recently... bodes well for me, i hope!

Still nothing Caz?

Still nothing on my end either.

I am waiting on 3 items at the mo:

1) Nomination Approval

2) Skills Assessment from the Australian Institute of QS, sumitted degrees and forms 3 weeks ago, the charge (300 yo yo's) came out of my account. But still nothing :no:

3) Taxback. Info was sent to Taxback Australia 10 weeks ago, I recieved taxback for the previous financial year last year, and that took 8 weeks but didnt notice the time goin by because I was in Oz enjoying LIFE. When it does come through a week in Thailand will be taken on route to Melbourne...

I bet ya it will all come on the one day, go on... say it be today :yes:

At least the rugby starts this weekend, although that could be tragic.

hey kbo - nah nothing on my end either! :( the fact that your mate got his through there on the 25th had given me hope that mine would come through soon but no joy thus far!

how come your getting a skill assessment?

i did my taxback myself after my WHV, saved myself the 100 quid or whatever it was u had to pay taxback and get the money in a matter of weeks.

that would be an awesome day if it comes through all on the one day, fingers crossed for u mate!

yeah the rugby will distract from the glum weather and the lack of a visa a bit - had kind of hoped to be missing the six nations this year coz i'd be in the wrong time zone and having way too much fun to bother... oh well!

keep the fingers crossed next week will be our week! :D

Caz

Congratulations Edwardsfamily! I am so jealous. How were you told that you had the visa? Just wondered if they send you an email or a letter? Yours took almost 6 weeks so if thats the same as ours we should hear around 24 February, fingers crossed for us all!

Guest HavenMarra

Good luck with yours too Helen - mine went in just after you on the 31st (also Qld) so the sooner yours arrives the better!!

hey kbo - nah nothing on my end either! :( the fact that your mate got his through there on the 25th had given me hope that mine would come through soon but no joy thus far!

how come your getting a skill assessment?

i did my taxback myself after my WHV, saved myself the 100 quid or whatever it was u had to pay taxback and get the money in a matter of weeks.

that would be an awesome day if it comes through all on the one day, fingers crossed for u mate!

yeah the rugby will distract from the glum weather and the lack of a visa a bit - had kind of hoped to be missing the six nations this year coz i'd be in the wrong time zone and having way too much fun to bother... oh well!

keep the fingers crossed next week will be our week! :D

Caz

Hi Caz,

I actually wrote this earlier today but they logged me out for some reason when i pressed send, bah!!!

So Ill try again.

I was initially applying for a 121 visa and sought to get a skills assessment as required for the 121. Then found out that the company only did a 457 visa. The Skills assessment had already been sent so 300 yo yo's not well spent and i made a booboo.

But in saying that, the 457 asks you for a skills assessment but i think i read somewhere that as we are coming from Ireland we do not need one, maybe our degrees are recognised anyways. I may be wrong but at least the skills assessment I am expecting will do no harm either way and will be frontloaded to the application.

The reason i applied for my tax back through an agent was because I was touring S.E. Asia at the time on the way home and decided to put every little task that needed thought firmly tied up way away in a dark corner of my brain. I was still on holiday mode and didnt want the hassle of a tax return whilst I was driving on a momo bike around Chaing Mai looking for nothing to do :cool:. Hence a holiday in Thailand on the way back for a week. When ever that is.....

Dont talk to me on the rugby, i was in Hogans on my 3rd cup of tea when the last 10 mins nearly gave me a fit. So I hit the Guinness and all came good both for my soul and the scoreline.

This week is a big week I am a hoping. Just sent an email to Taxback Oz nad demanded answers.

Will wait till friday to nail the skills assessment. The DIAC is not im my hands.

You mentioned before on a post that you had a CO. How did you get one, or was it just some contact in the DIAC?

Kbo

Hey kbo,

I've heard other ppl mention the skills assessment alright but as far as i'm aware we don't specifically need one but as u said, no harm in throwing it in there with the rest.

I stayed at home for the rugby - thankfully! i'd have been needing a lie down after the screaming i was doing at the telly! bloody state of them!

yeah my employer was sent an email acknowledging their application and asking for more info and there was a case officer named on it with a phone number and an email address. i rang, cheekily, there a few weeks ago - she seemed lovely but essentially said as i wasn't the employer she couldn't really talk to me, that they had the application and they were dealing with it!

i'm keeping the fingers crossed things get moving for us this week mate, the flights are getting cheaper by the day so i might just be able to get away with booking something 2 / 3 weeks in advance once things get moving... exciting times ahead! :D

Caz

We got told we have our 457 yesterday :jiggy: it was lodged on 14/01/11 so hopefully everyone will be getting theirs soon x

Well done Tafflass.

That was quick and I hope mine is as quick once i send in my e457.

Did your nomination take long?

It's just myself and Cazbob are waiting a while for our nomination to be approved.

Best of luck where ever you end up in Oz.

Kbo

Hey kbo,

I've heard other ppl mention the skills assessment alright but as far as i'm aware we don't specifically need one but as u said, no harm in throwing it in there with the rest.

I stayed at home for the rugby - thankfully! i'd have been needing a lie down after the screaming i was doing at the telly! bloody state of them!

yeah my employer was sent an email acknowledging their application and asking for more info and there was a case officer named on it with a phone number and an email address. i rang, cheekily, there a few weeks ago - she seemed lovely but essentially said as i wasn't the employer she couldn't really talk to me, that they had the application and they were dealing with it!

i'm keeping the fingers crossed things get moving for us this week mate, the flights are getting cheaper by the day so i might just be able to get away with booking something 2 / 3 weeks in advance once things get moving... exciting times ahead! :D

Caz

Well Caz if you were not asked at the time by the CO then coolio keep the funds for the flights or other fun, liberating, life happy purchases like short/t-shirts/suncream Melbourne Bitter yaaaaay!!!

I was looking at flights and i too can see myself going within 2-3 weeks.

Tafflass (mighta spelt name wrong) just recieved the visa when submitted on the 14th. Its gonna come quick and fast, hopefully before the elections over here so i dont have to bother with that mess.

Kbo

Well done Tafflass.

That was quick and I hope mine is as quick once i send in my e457.

Did your nomination take long?

It's just myself and Cazbob are waiting a while for our nomination to be approved.

Best of luck where ever you end up in Oz.

Kbo

Im not entirely sure if this is right as my employer sorted it all, but I think the nomination & sponsoship were lodged at the same time. The company I work for has sponsored lots of people before so this may have sped things up as they didnt have to apply to become an approved business sponsor. All the paperwork went through the company so Im not sure- I just got a phone call yesterday to say I had the visa.

Cool, my employer have nominated lots over the last few years so i suppose its just the Melbourne offices taking their time with paperwork. Anyways best of luck in the new job/life/sunshine

Cool, my employer have nominated lots over the last few years so i suppose its just the Melbourne offices taking their time with paperwork. Anyways best of luck in the new job/life/sunshine

Yeah could be, mine was processed by the Perth Office.

Cheers, best of luck in everything for you too

Archived