sponsership or do it alone??????????

Guest mski

hi,

me and my family are wanting to move to oz. my job is on the SOL so as i understand i would fill a 175 visa, and we would live in perth all good.:biggrin:

but i was told by my dad that we have family friends who we know, who live in brisbane and would sponser us.

so what i'm asking is:-

1. would it be easy to be sponsed by our friends

2. if so once over there do we have to live in brisbane or can we move to perth

3. an important one, is the cost more expensive to do it the 175 way or the sponsership way.

Do you have enough points for a 175 (120)? if yes then there's no point in going for a family sponsorhip - you won't get processed any quicker and it will just be more paperwork to do.

can i clarify - do you have family or just family friends? friends cannot sponsor people/ you should check the DIAC site for who is an eligiblefamily member to sponsor to check.

If you don't have 120 points but you have at least 100 then Yes go the family sponsored route (if you have family that can sponsor you), otherwise your other option will be state sponsorship which could cost more and will take longer as you need that before you lodge the visa application. although if you get state sponsorhip quickly that would give you priorty processing over a family 176.

cheers

Jo