Guest chloew

All systems go..........

Guest chloew

So, we've finally agreed a price on the house and have a settlement date which also means we have the date we're moving back home. We're both excited but also a bit nervous that we won't find a job, but I'm sure we'll be fine and we know we must stop reading the Daily Mail website with all it's doom and gloom.

Got to start booking flights, organising shipping, cancelling direct debits and enjoying our last two months down under.

Any advise on what we need to do before we go greatly appreciated!

Best advice i can give you, is to stop reading the papers and all the doom and gloom! We have been back in the uk 5 months now, Happy and settled!

We used Grace for shipping, very competitive price and efficient, They team up with Doree bonner this end, who are equally as good,

When we booked flights, we got great prices through ebookers, we flew with malaysia airlines, and can not fault them at all and would happily use them again!

Cant help with the other side of things as we were in a rental who the real estate agent dealt with it all for us!

All the very best with your adventure home and your last couple of months in oz :wubclub:

Oz is Beautiful, but the uk is home :wubclub:

Returned to Bournemouth 20th August 2010

Guest chloew

That's good to know, we got a quote from Grace and they were the best price so thanks for the info!

Guest simon geoffrey moore
So, we've finally agreed a price on the house and have a settlement date which also means we have the date we're moving back home. We're both excited but also a bit nervous that we won't find a job, but I'm sure we'll be fine and we know we must stop reading the Daily Mail website with all it's doom and gloom.

Got to start booking flights, organising shipping, cancelling direct debits and enjoying our last two months down under.

can you tell me y u movin back y didnt it work for u:biggrin:

That's great news. Good luck for the move back.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Hi:smile:..just wish you all the best with your move and a happy resettlement..

Terri:cute:

Former Resident visa (subclass 151) granted in 1999 - Living back in Perth...

Terri :smile:

Guest chloew
can you tell me y u movin back y didnt it work for u:biggrin:

Hello, of course I can................. in a nutshell I miss England more than I like Australia.

I miss family, friends, the countryside, the buildings, the grey skies, the closeness to Europe, the history, the pubs......................

I like Australia but find it a bit bland and too introverted for my liking. It's a great country with good opportunities but for me there is something missing, it's not tangible it's just a feeling. We've travelled all around Australia and I feel ready to move home...........home is where the heart is as they say.

Hello, of course I can................. in a nutshell I miss England more than I like Australia.

I miss family, friends, the countryside, the buildings, the grey skies, the closeness to Europe, the history, the pubs......................

I like Australia but find it a bit bland and too introverted for my liking. It's a great country with good opportunities but for me there is something missing, it's not tangible it's just a feeling. We've travelled all around Australia and I feel ready to move home...........home is where the heart is as they say.

ok i can understand that were did u live the reason i ask is cause im trying to get some insight into the country because it interests me in y poms com back for what ever reason im glad your happy here

Guest chloew
ok i can understand that were did u live the reason i ask is cause im trying to get some insight into the country because it interests me in y poms com back for what ever reason im glad your happy here

We live in Melbourne, maybe the problem is that it's too similar to the UK! It's a great city but growing fast and I hope it can keep up with itself. I think that we thought that our lives would change dramatically but apart from having two wonderful children here, our lives are the same just missing a feeling of "home". At the end of the day you still have to pay bills, get stuck in traffic, moan about the weather etc and you just need to find somewhere that you're happy doing that!

Fantastic...hope it all goes well....although I'd rather listen to the doom and gloom from the Daily Mail than the inane and vacant smiles on the Aussies:laugh:

We live in Melbourne, maybe the problem is that it's too similar to the UK! It's a great city but growing fast and I hope it can keep up with itself. I think that we thought that our lives would change dramatically but apart from having two wonderful children here, our lives are the same just missing a feeling of "home". At the end of the day you still have to pay bills, get stuck in traffic, moan about the weather etc and you just need to find somewhere that you're happy doing that!

thanx very helpful:wink:

Oh well done on selling your house! I hope your move on to your next life adventure is brilliant!