You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

mandymcqueen

I need help when should you enroll for school

Hi guys need some advice, been looking about but getting even more confused.

So I have a 4 year old Born September 2006, we are living in Queensland and from what I can see it says he wont be due to start year 1 until he is 6 and a bit (2013) Is this right, its seems very late to be starting school.

Also had a look at prep but does anyone know how much this costs on a bridging visa and also when you gain PR how much does prep cost?

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys need some advice, been looking about but getting even more confused.

So I have a 4 year old Born September 2006, we are living in Queensland and from what I can see it says he wont be due to start year 1 until he is 6 and a bit (2013) Is this right, its seems very late to be starting school.

Also had a look at prep but does anyone know how much this costs on a bridging visa and also when you gain PR how much does prep cost?

Thanks in advance.

I think the conditions remain the same as your previous visa granted until a new visa is issued. Once you have PR then public schools are what I call free (with a $200ish amount paid each year). If you go private then the costs will range dependant on the school you choose. Personally I have found private schools better but if you have a good public school nearby it is worth considering.

Quoll is the best person to speak to about education.

Hope this helps.

Nope, he will start prep in 2012 when he is 5. Prep is the first year of full time school and if you are on a 457 it is free (in Qld but not if you move to NSW). If you are there on an international student visa then it will cost you whatever international student fees are for Qld - probably about $8k pa I should think without looking. Your bridging visa will have the same conditions as were imposed by your original visa and will only disappear when you get PR