Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sam C

Migration Agent Advice For Spouse 309 Visa - Who to choose?

Guest Sam C

Hi guys,

I'm new here so hello all!

My girlfriend and I are hoping to move to Sydney by the end of the year and are really keen to get our visa app on the way. She's Australian and I'm a Brit living in London. We're going for a de-facto visa and all that and have been together for over 3 years.

So I've been scouring threads to see who people recommend as a migration agent. I definitely want them to be MARA approved.

I've narrowed it down to these few:

- Go Matilda

- Australian Migration Consultants

- Migration Angels - Kristy Duncan

- Emigrate To Australia - Sammy Naghi

- Visa Bureau

- Ian Harrop

Any suggestions/recommendations would be greatly received.

Another issue that caught my eye is that it seems odd that the statistics here:

Statistics - Migration Agent Activity Reports and Statistics

Suggest that very low percentages are actually applying for Spouse/Partner 100 visas with the aid of a migration agent, is this the case with 309 offshore applications?

Thanks a lot guys.

Sam

Hi, I used Go Matilda for my 100 spouse visa and can definitely recommend them. Having been around the forums now for 18 months, I'd say most folk go it alone for partner visas and are successful. Those that get rejected are the ones that don't follow the rules (e.g. have only been living together for 7 months when they apply).

I still feel like I got value for money from using an agent - especially for the piece of mind they gave me.

Guest Kevneedsun

We are applying for the same visa, just about to send off next week and have done it ourselves. I would have liked to use an agent but the costs were more then we could afford... may bite us on the bum but even though the process is stressful and alot of work, if you work through the booklet and do everything its asks for hopefully that's enough to be successful.. will soon find out lol

Goodluck

Guest GoldCoastMag

Welcome Sam, I can't help you in your choice of agent, we completed the application ourselves and eventually successfully were approved BUT for peace of mind and if there are any complications in your case an agent would probably prove worthwhile. A denial is not only heartbreaking but time consuming and an expensive undertaking.

Proof of your time living together and commitment to one another will be needed as well as medicals and police checks for yourself.

The 309/100 are the same visa application, the 309 is the temporary version which still leads to permanent residence, the best information is all in the booklet at <http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/books1.htm>

Hope it helps, good luck

Hi guys,

Suggest that very low percentages are actually applying for Spouse/Partner 100 visas with the aid of a migration agent, is this the case with 309 offshore applications?

Thanks a lot guys.

Sam

Hi,

We did our subclass 100 application ourselves and were successful!

I think if your case is pretty straight forward and you do enough reasearch you could do it yourself and save a heap of money!

Don't forget that PIO is here too!

Good luck

Emma

Lang may yer lum reek!

Guest Sam C

Thanks for all the advice so far guys.

It's interesting to see how everyone has done it. Our situation is a little complex, in that we have lived in share houses since November 2008 and have only had our own place since November 2010. Despite that, we have had a joint bank account for over 18 months now and we have lots of evidence of us being in a relationship from declarations from friends and family (even ex-housemates) even to travelling to Sydney twice over the years. So it's just a peace of mind decision to go with an agent.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

As long as you were both living in the same room in the same shared houses you'll be fine. :o)

Guest Sam C

By the way guys, probably a stupid question but what is PIO?

Guest Sam C

The shame, but thanks Peach!

Hi guys,

I'm new here so hello all!

My girlfriend and I are hoping to move to Sydney by the end of the year and are really keen to get our visa app on the way. She's Australian and I'm a Brit living in London. We're going for a de-facto visa and all that and have been together for over 3 years.

So I've been scouring threads to see who people recommend as a migration agent. I definitely want them to be MARA approved.

I've narrowed it down to these few:

- Go Matilda

- Australian Migration Consultants

- Migration Angels - Kristy Duncan

- Emigrate To Australia - Sammy Naghi

- Visa Bureau

- Ian Harrop

Any suggestions/recommendations would be greatly received.

Thanks a lot guys.

Sam

You could consider asking your prospective OMARA-registered agent:

1. How many partner applications have you handled?

2. How many finalised applications have you had refused?

3. It is safe to rely on statistics published by the OMARA and/or the DIAC and if not why not?

4. To you offer a fixed professional fee and if so how much is it?

5. How much will my total budget be?

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com

Guest MICK2009

hi guys,

i am new to this forum.any idea how long its taking to get 309 partner visa?

Guest Sam C
hi guys,

i am new to this forum.any idea how long its taking to get 309 partner visa?

Hi Mick,

By the sounds of things it's taking about 5-6months from the date you actually lodge your application. But I would say it looks like it will take between 1-3 months to collate all the relevant info.

I'm just starting the process now, I'm just trying to find the right agent at the moment.

Good luck!

Guest Sam C

Wrussel thanks a lot for that info, I think I'm just about getting the jist of the asking all the right questions to help me make a decision. Fingers crossed I will have signed on the dotted line in the next week!