Where do we fit?

Guest aytch

Hi can anyone tell me which category we fit into/ - do we have a skill? We are both adult placement carers which means we look after ppl with severe learning disabilities in our own home, I've been doin this for 16 yrs and OH for 8 yrs but we've no actual formal qualifications, Leicester City and County Council's trust us because of our experience I guess. Can anyone help me out here?

tyvm

Helen

Guest smithys

Hi,

I think your first step would be to check the SOL (I have added the link to schedule 3 but you could check out the whole SOL as other occupations are accepted in different circumstances) to see if your skills match any on the list and then you would need to find out about what qualifications you need to be accepted on that skill. http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/sol-schedule3.pdf

It's a worthwhile first step.

There are many different types of visa which all have different requirements.

A good start would also be to contact a reputable migration agent (who would usually offer you a quick and free intial consultation and would offer advice on your best way forward)

There are many avenues, I wish you luck.

Hi

Thanks hun, we've checked and checked again but just don't know which occupation ours comes under, i think i'm gonna have to ask an agent like you suggest,

cheers

Helen and OH

Hi

Thanks hun, we've checked and checked again but just don't know which occupation ours comes under, i think i'm gonna have to ask an agent like you suggest,

cheers

Helen and OH

Gonna have to agree with "smithys", if you really are having trouble gettin through the website details yourself then a helping pair of eyes can be envaluable to zero-in.

Why not try a couple with the "free assessment" offer as smithys also suggested!

Goin it alone is certainly and option as is using expert help for a price.

The decision is yours ;¬D

Best wishes which ever avenue you choose!

- 4lan.

Archived