house prices are set to soar in the spring

Guest sh7t man no way

Guest sh7t man no way

in the uk--so if thats the case thats some good news for people moving to oz this year,or are in oz awaiting the sale of there house in the uk--i saw this on the bbc news this morning--as a thought say your house is on the market in the uk,and you are living in oz,and say it goes up in spring will you get it revalued for selling purpose,or will it remain at the selling price you agreed with the agent, which could have been 6 months ago

Guest sh7t man no way

Most serious analysts are predicting a house price rise of around 15% in early Spring, perhaps even as much in 25% in exclusive areas such as the Scottish Borders :biggrin:
thats what im led to believe--good news if so for people emmigrating to oz this year

Ive just googled this and found loads of articles, most from May 2010 saying the same thing. But, house prices have been falling all of last year??

I think these so called property experts spread 'news' like this because they have a vested financial interest in house price rises.

What good do house prices going up actually do for anybody? all it does is put more and more money into the coffers of the estate agents (fees) and the Government (stamp duty). I have never understood why people think that house price rises are a good thing, its unsustainable, unrealistic, and in the end when your 3 bed semi is worth £1 million, who the hell is gonna be able to afford to buy it, without first time buyers, there is no market! To buy our first house i had to go and work in the Middle East for 4 years, not worth it IMO, i will be renting from now on.

Ive just googled this and found loads of articles, most from May 2010 saying the same thing. But, house prices have been falling all of last year??

I think these so called property experts spread 'news' like this because they have a vested financial interest in house price rises.

What good do house prices going up actually do for anybody? all it does is put more and more money into the coffers of the estate agents (fees) and the Government (stamp duty). I have never understood why people think that house price rises are a good thing, its unsustainable, unrealistic, and in the end when your 3 bed semi is worth £1 million, who the hell is gonna be able to afford to buy it, without first time buyers, there is no market! To buy our first house i had to go and work in the Middle East for 4 years, not worth it IMO, i will be renting from now on.

I agree with you there - what I do think is that people should stop buying property as an investment hoping that house prices will go up.

People should only be allowed to buy the property that they live in.

as a thought say your house is on the market in the uk,and you are living in oz,and say it goes up in spring will you get it revalued for selling purpose,or will it remain at the selling price you agreed with the agent, which could have been 6 months ago

Is that a general question or are you polling for opinion?

As a general answer, you can get your house valued as often as you want.

My personal opinion is in order to get a sale you have to strike a balance between the best price and finding buyers. The two times my wife and I have bought houses in the UK we've gotten lucky and found sellers who have frozen their asking price despite houses going up in value over the 6 months they had them listed.

Guest sh7t man no way
Is that a general question or are you polling for opinion?

As a general answer, you can get your house valued as often as you want.

My personal opinion is in order to get a sale you have to strike a balance between the best price and finding buyers. The two times my wife and I have bought houses in the UK we've gotten lucky and found sellers who have frozen their asking price despite houses going up in value over the 6 months they had them listed.

i saw it on the BBC news this morning jeremy,so i thought it sounded like good news so i put a thread on--so i guess by doing this i was opening it up to debate--its nice to know what peoples thoughts are on subjects

Guest sh7t man no way

Haha, you could be right :rolleyes:
lets hope so there are quite a few people who have concerns about the value of there property in relation to the ammount of funds they have to take to there new life in australia--i hope this is the case--i see this as a may be positive thing that if the value of there property may go up--still if you remain negetive you dont achieve much in my view:rolleyes:

Archived