How long does state sponsership last for.

Nick and sez

Once you have it you have a year to lodge your application to diac once you have lodged your application the sponsorship runs until your visa is granted

Hi - don't think is accurate.

i received my confirmation of SS last week (from NT) the declaration i had to sign and return said that it could only be used up til 11 July 2011 (6 months from date of sponsorship) to support my application. it goes on to say if i dont lodge with DIAC by then i have to apply for reassessment.

so i think the answer to the question is - depends on the state.

cheers

Jo

Guest VickyMel

I'm with Jo I am not sure if any of the states give you a year.

But I know it does differ between states.

I think (not totally sure) that VIC just recently reduced from 6 months to 4 months. I think SA and ACT may have quite short time frames for you to use the SS.

Check out what is current for the state you are interested in.

VickyMel

Guest sivakumar
Hi - don't think is accurate.

i received my confirmation of SS last week (from NT) the declaration i had to sign and return said that it could only be used up til 11 July 2011 (6 months from date of sponsorship) to support my application. it goes on to say if i dont lodge with DIAC by then i have to apply for reassessment.

so i think the answer to the question is - depends on the state.

cheers

Jo

Thanks, I applied for NT'SS a month ago. Would you mind to tell me what your occupation is and when you did apply?

Thanks, I applied for NT'SS a month ago. Would you mind to tell me what your occupation is and when you did apply?

Hi there - my occupation was Personnel consultant (which transfers to recruitment consultant under the new codes). my original visa application was lodged in May 2009, we decided to apply for state sponsorship last year when it became clear that catagory 4s were going no-where

I applied for NT SS in May 2010, it took 33 weeks to get the sponsorship. Initially they wouldn't have been able to approve sponsorship until their SMP was out anyway (that was released in November). however the NT have had a huge number of applications and they are saying that processing times are around 30 weeks so that does sound about right.

what is your occupation? did you make sure you submitted plenty of evidence that you are employable in the area and also research into NT - cost of living etc? they are pretty particular about that.

Jo

Guest sivakumar
Hi there - my occupation was Personnel consultant (which transfers to recruitment consultant under the new codes). my original visa application was lodged in May 2009, we decided to apply for state sponsorship last year when it became clear that catagory 4s were going no-where

I applied for NT SS in May 2010, it took 33 weeks to get the sponsorship. Initially they wouldn't have been able to approve sponsorship until their SMP was out anyway (that was released in November). however the NT have had a huge number of applications and they are saying that processing times are around 30 weeks so that does sound about right.

what is your occupation? did you make sure you submitted plenty of evidence that you are employable in the area and also research into NT - cost of living etc? they are pretty particular about that.

Jo

My occupation is Civil Engineer and I have produced everything that I have asked for.

good stuff

for info - they review the file to check there is sufficient info in there before it goes to a case officer for a decision. so they may contact you at some point if you have missed anything.

good luck!

Jo

H, we have just received our SS for WA and it states:

"If you do not return the State Sponsorship Agreement (complete with signature and DIAC reference number) during the 3 month validity period, your offer of sponsorship will no longer be valid. If you still require state sponsorship after this time you will need to reapply and be reassessed" :eek:

Hope this helps.

Dawn x

Hi there,

We applied to SA and were only given 30 days to submit our visa application or the SS would be revoked. It seems as though each State has its own timeframe. You should maybe check directly to avoid any ambiguity. Hope this helps.

Lorraine x

I'm with Jo I am not sure if any of the states give you a year.

But I know it does differ between states.

I think (not totally sure) that VIC just recently reduced from 6 months to 4 months. I think SA and ACT may have quite short time frames for you to use the SS.

Check out what is current for the state you are interested in.

VickyMel

VickyMel's right. I received VIC SS this month and they only gave 4 months to lodge my visa.

Hi there,

We applied to SA and were only given 30 days to submit our visa application or the SS would be revoked. It seems as though each State has its own timeframe. You should maybe check directly to avoid any ambiguity. Hope this helps.

Lorraine x

wow that doesn't give much time to get everything together and submitted! Applicants for SA will cartainly have to be organised and have all paperwork ready to go as soon as they have the news

Jo

Archived