Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest Kleinjans

Do spouse and children of skilled list applicant automatically gain entry?

Recommended Posts

Guest Kleinjans

Hi all,


My wife and I have recently decided to make the jump and move our family (both of us and two young children) to Australia, subject to a successful application. We are very much at the beginning of this great adventure and are looking for the best route through the skilled stream migration path as my wife appears to be eligible as an occupational therapist. If she is successful will I be allowed to work in Australia as well, or do I need to apply separately?


As we are just starting any advice will be welcome. We've been browsing through the various threads and haven't decided on a state yet, though we do like the sound of Western Australia and Queensland.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Midlanders

Hi and congrats on your decision to emigrate...


Your details and the kids details will need to be recorded on your wife's visa lodgement form once she has gained her skills validation. So its one payment for all of you.


Best of luck



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi as Midlanders state above, if your wife includes you and your children on the application there is no need for you to get a seperate visa. You will all have to have medicals with a panel Dr.

Depending on the visa she gets will determine if you personally are restricted in any way once here.


Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest VickyMel

If she gets a skilled permanent residence visa (175/176) you will and the kids will also get full PR Visas and you will be allowed to work in the same way as she will be.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now