secret harbour

Guest micklfc

Guest micklfc

:biglaugh:

Hello everyone me, my wife and 2 children have just had our medicals and been told we should have our visas in the next few weeks(very excited).

We are thinking of moving to secret harbour or port kennedy , so if you could reccomend schools for kids aged 6 and 9 and also work as I am an electrician.

Also we would like to live somewhere with a good community spirit and things in the community to get involved in.

I would also need to find a kids football club to get me and my son involved with

thanks Mick

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Hi and welcome to PIO

We spent a month in port kennedy with family who loved it there and we thought it was great also, very quiet though, not much going on, we visited secret harbour a couple of times and we thought it was lovely as well, affordable housing, near the coast, like port kennedy, but again very quiet. We like quiet and we thought both places were great for bringing a young family up. Best of luck.

Guest Choccymoose
:biglaugh:

Hello everyone me, my wife and 2 children have just had our medicals and been told we should have our visas in the next few weeks(very excited).

We are thinking of moving to secret harbour or port kennedy , so if you could reccomend schools for kids aged 6 and 9 and also work as I am an electrician.

Also we would like to live somewhere with a good community spirit and things in the community to get involved in.

I would also need to find a kids football club to get me and my son involved with

thanks Mick

Hi we are looking at the Secret Harbour area too, have not been but after lots of research think this is the place for us. We are hopefully moving out in May, our kids are 5 and 9 both boys. The schools we have read up about (state ones) are Comet Bay and Secret Harbour Primary most reports seem favourable to both. Comet Bay High seems to have had quite a bit of negative reports but from what i can gather seems to be turning a corner under new headship.

Good luck

Choccy

Hi I live in Secret Harbour and love it here its a really nice suburb and very friendly. We have just bought some land here to build :) I have 2 children, 1 goes to CBC and one to CBP, both of my kids are really happy in their schools, I would have liked them to go private but when we arrived the school I wanted had no places so put them into the state school and to be honest I have had no problems at all with them. My husband is an Electrician and found a job within a month and is getting on fine. If you need anymore info please ask :biggrin:

Guest Travelbird

Hi

We have been in Secret Harbour for 7 months now and feel so settled here!!! I have 2 boys aged 8 and 4. My 8 year old is at Secret Harbour Primary and loves it!! They made him so welcome and he adjusted really well. My youngest starts Kindy next month and are really happy with the school!!

Secret Harbour in general is very family oriented, and very communitey based, just before Christmas they had carols in the park etc!!

My lad played football/soccer!! for Port Kennedy and again a great bunch of people!!

If you want any more info do not hesiate to ask, anything to help with the nerves!!

Emma:smile:

Guest Travelbird

Hiya

We bought ours and no problems!!! Think generally every things works ok TV etc. Only thing we have had problem with is DVD players as our UK ones wouldnt play Aussie DVDs. We ended up buying a cheap one from Kmart which does the job!!!

Em

Hiya

We bought ours and no problems!!! Think generally every things works ok TV etc. Only thing we have had problem with is DVD players as our UK ones wouldnt play Aussie DVDs. We ended up buying a cheap one from Kmart which does the job!!!

Em

Hello Emma is that you??? its Catherine te he ! we have been in Secret Harbour for just over 6 months its a lovely place and my son goes to Comet Bay Primary and there are tonnes of football teams out here. My Hubby plays for Port Kennedy which has a junior team too. Lots of Brits here.

Hello Em and Cath its me Shar ha ha ha how are you girlies , I didnt know you two were on here, now I know I may just have to stop coming on here now ha ha.. See you in the week :)

Guest buchanana1

New to forum/chatting! I am moving to Secret Harbour on Thursday (we have been staying in Port Kennedy since arriving in Oz on 6th Jan) and was wondering if anyone knew of any mum & children groups? Or are there any like-minded mothers who like to do child-based activities in the day and wine in the evening/family bbqs at the weekends?!!

I have two little girls, one is 3.5 years and the other is 11 months. Both are going to ABC once or twice a week, the eldest will go on to Comet Bay. We love playing at the beach in the morning and day-trips to the Zoo (already got a season pass!), would be great to meet some other families for the girls to play and for me to get adult conversation!!!

• 1 month later...
Guest mandi1971

Youve all made me want to look at secret Harbor as a place to live when we come over now. I had looked at Butler but after reading a few threads ive been put off.

Can i ask, i know from your posts that my 8 year old will be fine, good schools, footie etc, but whats it like for teenagers?

My 16 year old daughter is coming to try OZ with us for a couple of months then wants to go stay with her dad in the UK to finish her A Levels. Its really important for me that she can meet friends with similar interests so she wants to stay permanently. IE - boys, movies, music, boys, Xbox etc lol.

Thanks

Mandi x

Guest thethompsons
New to forum/chatting! I am moving to Secret Harbour on Thursday (we have been staying in Port Kennedy since arriving in Oz on 6th Jan) and was wondering if anyone knew of any mum & children groups? Or are there any like-minded mothers who like to do child-based activities in the day and wine in the evening/family bbqs at the weekends?!!

I have two little girls, one is 3.5 years and the other is 11 months. Both are going to ABC once or twice a week, the eldest will go on to Comet Bay. We love playing at the beach in the morning and day-trips to the Zoo (already got a season pass!), would be great to meet some other families for the girls to play and for me to get adult conversation!!!

hi we are having a meeting on sunday 6th March at dolphin quay in Mandurah at 12 with other familys from poms in oz we are the thompsons we are jo 41 steve 34 brad 6 and dylan 3.

We live in port kennedy been here for three years and always lovely to meet other families great to hear others experiences.

Be great if you could make it let us know and i can give you finer details of meeting

Cheers The Thompsons

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Vikster
Hi I live in Secret Harbour and love it here its a really nice suburb and very friendly. We have just bought some land here to build :) I have 2 children, 1 goes to CBC and one to CBP, both of my kids are really happy in their schools, I would have liked them to go private but when we arrived the school I wanted had no places so put them into the state school and to be honest I have had no problems at all with them. My husband is an Electrician and found a job within a month and is getting on fine. If you need anymore info please ask :biggrin:

Hi, I have just seen your thread and found it very handy. We are in the process of completing our 176 application (vetasses already passed) and we have been recommended Secret Harbour by several people. My other half is also an electrician - do you know any companies looking for electricians at the moment? My little boy is only 2 at present so will have to do a year or so in nursery equivalent before starting preschool, so useful to see that the primary school is good in that area too.

Many thanks

:jiggy:

Guest Vikster

Hi, I'm looking at Secret Harbour - just completing the 176 application, other half is an electrican. Could anyone give me any ideas of the costs of living in the area...can't seem to find much info on a google search! What I can find is a few years out of date!!

Thanks

Hi and welcome to PIO

We spent a month in port kennedy with family who loved it there and we thought it was great also, very quiet though, not much going on, we visited secret harbour a couple of times and we thought it was lovely as well, affordable housing, near the coast, like port kennedy, but again very quiet. We like quiet and we thought both places were great for bringing a young family up. Best of luck.

and when Jim went back to the uk , port kennedy and secret harbour had one hell of a party ................:twitcy:

Guest The Ropey HOFF
and when Jim went back to the uk , port kennedy and secret harbour had one hell of a party ................:twitcy:

I wish i had seen this fonyman, before i voted for you in Harpo's poll.:mad:

Hi, I'm looking at Secret Harbour - just completing the 176 application, other half is an electrican. Could anyone give me any ideas of the costs of living in the area...can't seem to find much info on a google search! What I can find is a few years out of date!!

Thanks

realestate.com.au gives you an idea on rent. For a 4x2 you would be expecting to pay $375-$475 a week. We pay $400 a week for a lovely 4x2 with lawn mowing included. To buy you would be talking between $360-$530 hope this helps :wubclub: