Anyone in Blue Mountains/Penrith area?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

I live in Penrith, moved here feb 2010 and am from Manchester, I have a 15 year old girl, 5 year old boy and 3 year old girl would love to meet up i'm going stir crazy !! How long have you been in Blaxland for ? and where are you from in the UK ? are you enjoying the life ? What brought you to Oz ? anyway enough questions from me, Just let me know when is best for you. I will message you my number.

Hope to hear soon Joanne

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest cyprus2008

HI all, how uncanny thats where we are going when we finally get our visa, my family live in penrith but be lovely to meet up with other people who have gone through the visa process, myself a nurse, hubby dryliner or gyprocker as they call it in oz, daughter who will be 15 soon and my son whos 10 :biggrin:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Carly

Another one of you manchurians in Penrith! Jo is also from Manchester and we catch up regularly! If you want to catch up when you get here or want any help with anything give me yell! Hope the move all goes well! Good Luck!

Guest Carly87

I would love to! Thanks! What areas are u living in? We still havnt decided yet.. Whats penrith like for shopping/coffee/eating out? (my 3 fave things ha) xx

Penrith Plaza is pretty good - lots of coffee shops and free parking. We live in Leonay at the mo and love it. The rental market out here is fierce! There are some really nice areas and some really horrendous areas. Are you renting or buying? Renting can take awhile depending on your budget and what you want for ya money!

I do miss a proper pub as just not the same here. A few good restaurants and some nice Thai places! Yum!

Guest Carly87

Thai yum! Were renting first for around 12mnths then will look to buy. We have been looking at Leonay it looks lovely! Also glenmore park and orchard hills! Where are u from in uk? X

Argh Southern softie me - south of London! Leonay is lovely - leafy, quiet, and quite expensiveish to buy! We love our rental here and aim to buy next year! Glenmore Park is complete suburbia - one way in and one way out! Orchard Hills is nice but a little rural compared to other suburbs. All comes down to personal choice! Renting is difficult as so many people looking - very busy in Glenmore Park and Penrith because it's cheaper.More likely to get settled quicker in suburbs like Leonay, Emu Plains as not as close to Penrith! Be prepared to queue to look at houses and be treated like cattle as all goes on open homes! All good fun!!! Do you have any children?

Guest Carly87

Yeh emu plains was another we looked at! I loved leonay as it looked close to the river. Thanks for that info.

Nope no kids (yet!) just me and my australian partner heading over, very excited indeed! X

Guest Carly87

Yep im from not far from debdale! Flights booked for 16th oct! My partner is from australia, met him over here 3yrs ago but now ready to make the move! X

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cyprus2008
Hi Carly

Another one of you manchurians in Penrith! Jo is also from Manchester and we catch up regularly! If you want to catch up when you get here or want any help with anything give me yell! Hope the move all goes well! Good Luck!

Hi all, Avent been on ere for ages, we ave been in oz for 11 wks now ave settled in penrith would love 2 meet up with british families for a good old natter..

Guest cyprus2008
Which part are u living in? :)

Hi carly south penrith we r renting nice property, ive got family in penrith. Can see your not ere yet b nice and warm wen u come out, we came out in june and we stepped off the plane and it was raining i was like oh no!! Yeah its me im 35 and a nurse, hubby is a gyprocker and 2 kids daughter 15 and son 10 who ave both really settled well. Where in penrith will u b living?

Archived