register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

LisaR

Cheap hotels in North Sydney - not far from Castle Hill

Hi all

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced hotel in the northern suburb area of Sydney. It must be in easy reach of the CBD and also accessible to Castle Hill/Baulkham Hills.

We have to validate our Visa by October so was thinking of a Holiday in August. Whilst there I wanted to have a look around the Castle Hill area hence my need to be in the north.

I don't want a really expensive hotel as I need to save as much money as possible for when we move permanently.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lisa :biggrin:

OH Carpenter

Guest sk1nny

try looking at holiday rental houses, after Jan school hols you should start to see a decline in prices but not sure about location..try holidayhomes.com.au

Hi there

Thank you so much for your replies. I will take a look at them now.

Lisa

Guest mark34

been there in 2010:

http://www.charringtonhotel.com/

It is maybe a bit far from the center but it s certainly good value for money. Another choice is Mantra Hotel Chatswood Sydney. Anmd it is also cheaper. Try hotel comparison (e.g. hotelsmirror.com) to check where you can book it at the lowest price.

Quest Serviced Apartments Castle Hill

Hills Lodge

These are just off the Windsor road.

I live & work in the Area for the last 4 years any info on the hills and I can help you out.

Hi, I stayed in the Quest Serviced Apartments this year from July to September, nice friendly staff and close to local amenities. Rooms are well maintained, with internet access, washing machines, tumble dryers, TV, kitchens with microwave etc. It was a good base while I spent time looking for a house to rent. Not exactly close to the CBD but 40 minutes train ride from Seven Hills.

Castle Hill has a good shopping centre (Castle Towers). If you like to keep fit and be close to nature there is a number of reservations close by (just across Windsor road), all with concrete/brick footpaths which are great for running, cycling and kids!

hope this helps

Jon