TRA Phone Interview (1st Class Welder)

Guest sanks

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dazla...i'll have to wait for my letter as i only found out i'd passed stage 1 at half 4 when my agent called to tell me and to book my date!!

where are people staying??? anyone up for a light drink on the friday night??[/quote

Hi vesparich

Have you got far to travel ? we are staying in bridge park hotel, not too far from the college.

dazla

i've received my letter that states what i need to bring so it's all go from now, hope we all do well and i hope none of us balls it up!!!!!!!! especially after forking out all our hard earned!!! gonna book me a room now and i'll see you all there on saturday morning bright and early..

Good luck Charlotte, Tracey & Vesparich. I went for a swim in the hotel whist I waited for OH as he did the technical interview, I think I was more nervous then him and I wasn't even doing it!! I went back up to the room after my swim and I had a missed call from my OH and saw his car out the window driving back into hotel car park, I was thinking what's going on, surely he's back too soon!! I rang him immediately and he made out on the phone like it was bad news, I then started to get too upset and he had to tell me the truth that it went really well, so well he completed it within the hour. I then nearly cried from happiness!!

Good luck all!!

He did the technical interview so there was no welding, just questions, and he had to look at a drawing and explain stuff etc...... He got through the questions quickly and the assessor could skip some as he answered so fully in others he covered more then one question. My OH said the assessor was really nice and said employers in oz will be biting his hands off to give him work.

Our agency submitted out state sponsorship to WA last Monday, just waiting for that now, then we can lodge actual visa which we will get prepared whist we wait. Fingers cross all runs smoothly, especially with July fast approaching!

Nail biting times ahead!! x

Hey all just to let you know we got our WA SS approval today!! We can now lodge visa, well agency will do it when it's ready. There was me worried about July, its not even June yet. I am so happy!! Let me know how your results go with vetassess, remember to chase after the ten days quoted.

Keep in touch guys, Lucy x

Wow congrats Lucy, that was pretty quick. You must be so relieved! Vetassess haven't update our profile online yet but we phoned them and they confirmed Darren has passed. I can't wait to get the letter now, everything is in an envelope ready to send off as soon as it arrives :)

Wow congrats Lucy, that was pretty quick. You must be so relieved! Vetassess haven't update our profile online yet but we phoned them and they confirmed Darren has passed. I can't wait to get the letter now, everything is in an envelope ready to send off as soon as it arrives :)

That's great news, I knew he would ace it:wink: Looks like our timelines for lodging actual visa will be about the same time. I'm just waiting for agency to send us a drafted copy which with any luck should be next week. I am not sure if we will have more to fill in yet, just waiting for the next step. :goofy:

Good luck others with your results!!

Lucy x

Grrrr vetassess are still living up to their pain in the bum reputation. They updated darrens results last night to successful :smile: but he phoned this morning to ask when we will get the letter, or be able to send us a copy for the visa. The lady he spoke to said vetassess havent recieved the paperwork from the uk yet and we will "hopefully have it by next week". I hope they meant we'll have the letter by next week!

Just keep chasing!! We were told 10 days from assessment, so when I rang up after 10 days I had to wait as the guys who did the assessments weren't getting back to oz for another few days. Then once they were back it was quick. I think usually practicals are over the course of 2 weeks so perhaps they are returning this week.....

Good luck!! x

i phoned them this morning, darren always seems to speak to the person who has no idea what she's doing lol. They said they'll hopefully email me a copy of our letter at the end of the week when they send them out. I just want to send off our visa application now. Fingers crossed it can be posted next week! :arghh:

Hi everyone, thought i'd stop by to see how everyone's getting on? we finally got our letter. woohoo, no more vetassess, i don't know which i'm more happy about lol. we posted off our visa application yesterday, it's currently in Paris! Hope you're all well x

charlotte

Guest 6gweld

Hi all

We got our 457 visa through monday for our 4 kids and ourselfs,

1. 2 wks to go through no medicals or police checks ect..

2. had to go 457 I was lucky company asked me to go out as a welding foreman turned it down first

time lol. They want us out now rather than later quicker visa to get ect.

3. But they will apply for a pr visa when 2 yrs pass then you dont need to do the TRA not that it really

matters... A friend of mine got his pr in 6 wks he is in sydney 3yrs now through company he works

with..

Best of luck to ye all.................

Hi everyone, thought i'd stop by to see how everyone's getting on? we finally got our letter. woohoo, no more vetassess, i don't know which i'm more happy about lol. we posted off our visa application yesterday, it's currently in Paris! Hope you're all well x

charlotte

Hi Guys,

we have eventually gotten the results today at long last !!

now for state sponsorship hope that doesnt take too long, not got much time now :arghh:

Tracey x

Well done on getting results Charlotte & Tracey. Dan has just got to go down the registry office tomorrow to sort something with his birth cerificate, then we will be posting our stuff next day delivery to the agency's office in Scotland. I think it should be lodged by the end of this week as I think they are doing it all online.

Tracey are you applying to WA? You should be ok they are getting back to people really quick at the moment, get it in immediately!! Good luck.

Lucy x

Well done on getting results Charlotte & Tracey. Dan has just got to go down the registry office tomorrow to sort something with his birth cerificate, then we will be posting our stuff next day delivery to the agency's office in Scotland. I think it should be lodged by the end of this week as I think they are doing it all online.

Tracey are you applying to WA? You should be ok they are getting back to people really quick at the moment, get it in immediately!! Good luck.

Lucy x

Hi Lucy

Thanks

yes WA, hopefully our Migration agency has sorted the sponsorship today, we have never heard from them today ! wish it would just be all sorted so we can put in our visa app