TRA Phone Interview (1st Class Welder)

Guest sanks

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

Hey, yes we finally booked our practical in last week, my OH is booked in to do it on the 21st of may. They said a technical would be quicker but couldnt offer us an actual date atm for one. We didnt want to take our chances so we thought it would be safer with the practical. Hope you get yours booked soon!

Hey, yes we finally booked our practical in last week, my OH is booked in to do it on the 21st of may. They said a technical would be quicker but couldnt offer us an actual date atm for one. We didnt want to take our chances so we thought it would be safer with the practical. Hope you get yours booked soon!

Thats good, where is your OH's practical at is it just in London it doesnt tell you where its at ?

Hi, its at a college in london. That was the only option that came up for us. Not sure if its just because thats the closest to us, i presume it would be. The dates are the 21st and 22nd but they only offerd us the 21st, so maybe the one on the 22nd is outside london somewhere?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi dazla80,

thats us gotten the practical booked! thank goodness, same date as yours in london, its an awful long way for us to travel, i might not come down as its quite expensive for hotel flights etc

just glad its booked, hopefullt it wont take long to get the results once they do it

Tracey x

I am hoping the same!! My oh had interview in London April 14th, still waiting but it has been Easter. I am going to call them later to chase as our SS in ready to be lodged now. It wouldn't surprise me with vetassess if this was another long waiting game!!

Thats good lucy, where is it you are heading to, we are wanting to go to perth

Tracey

The same, we are applying to WA. Not that there was much choice as SA close their doors this weekend, NT & ACT you need proof of funds, Tas you need strong interest from local employer. Vic & QLD not sponsoring my partner's trade, which I find weird with the amount that came up in Brisbane on a job search, more then Perth. However, we like the sound of Perth and are looking very much forward to it. Just need those results from vetassess now to get things moving, we are up against July like others...but I am feeling positive!!

hi all

i'm still waiting to hear back from vetassess with my result from stage 1(hope i pass.....)

i should hear asap as its been 5 weeks now. i doubt i'll make 1 july timeline but fingers crossed but is there a choice between a technical interview and a practical interview, i'm confused as i only have a little brain.......i am a brummie after all.... as i've found and heard conflicting things..:confused::err:

hi all

i'm still waiting to hear back from vetassess with my result from stage 1(hope i pass.....)

i should hear asap as its been 5 weeks now. i doubt i'll make 1 july timeline but fingers crossed but is there a choice between a technical interview and a practical interview, i'm confused as i only have a little brain.......i am a brummie after all.... as i've found and heard conflicting things..:confused::err:

hi,

it took about 6 wks for us to hear about stage 1, we got told it was practical we had to do!

Hey if it's North West London college which is where my OH did his then look for hotels in wembley as they are just down the road. We stayed at The Wembley Plaza which is part of the Hilton hotels but it weren't cheap, like £144pn. so book early as most places get booked up, there was a travellodge not to far away and an Ibis next door to plaza which is cheaper. The ibis is right next door to the stadium. Travellodge is a bit further away from stadium but close enough to commute in morning. My OH had no problems with traffic from stadium, he left just after 9 with a none working sat nav!! Hope this is of some help.

Yes where we stayed but we booked the night we went down!! The travellodge is usually about £70 I think, Ibis which looked fine as next door to our hotel was around £90 I think, so I would book there instead to save cash. I just made full use of pool area in morning!! lol.

Just spoke to vetassess, they told me we would get the results next week as the vetassess testing guys only just arrived back this week. At least it's information instead of the usual don't know answer, but why do they tell you ten days at the test when it seems they have to wait till they get back, and they only got back this week which is just over ten days for us!! ohh well.....I will be chasng again nest week if no news, we know we got a pass as my OH was told off the record so we ain't nervous about the wait. We just want to get SS in asap.

Good luck all, I can't wait to be done with vetassess myself... will save on the phone bill too!!