Plastering work best in which state

Guest CazHealey

Guest CazHealey

Hi everyone! My husband and 2 children are looking into moving to oz and at the moment we're researching which state to move to - one of the priorities for us is there is plenty of plastering work - does anyone know which state there would be plenty of this type of work?

thanks in advance

Guest CazHealey

Hi, he comes under solid plasterer - he does everything from screeds (including floor screeds), rendering, dry lining etc. He also does a bit of tiling aswell.

Guest Tumshyheid

Hi, The plastering in Oz is totally different from UK, hubby will have to start over with an established team to get his head round it. There is plenty of work in WA ...we expect a mini-boom in housing this year. I work in the building industry as site manager. If coming anywhere around Perth WA it would be helpful if you speak with a Liverpool OR Manchester accent. CANNOT be many left in UK. Ha Ha

Hi, he comes under solid plasterer - he does everything from screeds (including floor screeds), rendering, dry lining etc. He also does a bit of tiling aswell.

Hi

Solid plastering is known as rendering here. The plastering trade is split into two here with solid and fibrous. Here in Qld Fibroud is the term used but it is basically the American dry wall system, you will need a British qualification then apply for an Ausrtalian equivelent. For this you will need plenty of work history and referances, then find out about the Australian Standards as you also need these. As for the other states I believe WA is the closest to UK plastering with more Fibrous in SA and Vic followed by NSW(mainly Sydney). Rendering in the heat is hard!! so they start as early as possable and hopefully finish by the time the heat (and rain) arrive.

Don't let this put you off as it is worth it in the end when it is all sorted and you enjoy the OWL (Ozzy Way of Life)

Good Luck

Dean

• 2 weeks later...

Archived