documentation for dogs

Guest monty

Guest monty

Please can anyone help me with advice regarding all the quarantine export documentation for my dogs. I've made a list so here goes:

1. Import permit for Australia have already faxed this off.

2. vaccination certificates and microchip certificates

3. Export health certificate (this is the one I'm struggling to get hold of, does this get sent to the vet for them to fill in or do I have to request and take to the vets?

thanks Monty

Guest tinbasher

I could be wrong as it is a while since we did this, but I think that is the one that you get from the vets after they have done the health check, and if my memory serves me right it has to be a vet that is registered to do the checks. As I am getting on a bit and after hearing the news last night the alcohol that I knocked back in my younger years has given me brain damage then my memory may be playing tricks with me.

Mrs TinB

Hi monty

Are you using a Pet Agency or are you arranging it all yourselves?

Sorry I cant help with any of your questions, I've not got that far yet!

We have two Mutts that we are taking with us so I really should start organising it soon.

Sam xx

Guest monty
Hi monty

Are you using a Pet Agency or are you arranging it all yourselves?

Sorry I cant help with any of your questions, I've not got that far yet!

We have two Mutts that we are taking with us so I really should start organising it soon.

Sam xx

We are using Animal Airlines they give you a quote online you just need to weigh and measure your dogs and fill in the details on the form. They got back to me within 24 hours. I've managed to get in touch with DEFRA today (took ages for me to get through to them on the phone think they're busy with the foot and mouth out break). Contacted the vet today too. Starting to sell off the family heirlooms and various body parts on ebay to fund the expense! But seiously the first thing you need to do to get the ball rolling is go on to Home - DAFF to get an import permit for Australia. You need this because it has a number on that you need to quote to quarantine stations in order to book your dogs in. There are only 3 stations in Aus and they can get booked up in advance, they recommend you make contact at least 5 months prior to arrival. So get cracking I know from experience because a friend of mine couldn't get her dog in and he had to stay in the UK and follow on later!!!!

Any help you need just ask

Monty

Hi Monty, we used pets on the move and they did everything for us, did all the paper work, picked up the cat took her to the vet for fitness to fly certificate and and took her to the airport. We had to make sure her vaccinations were up to date and she was chipped.

Ali

Guest monty
Hi Monty, we used pets on the move and they did everything for us, did all the paper work, picked up the cat took her to the vet for fitness to fly certificate and and took her to the airport. We had to make sure her vaccinations were up to date and she was chipped.

Ali

Thanks Ali, Silly question I know and its probably not as relevent with a cat. But here goes The dogs Alfie, Poppy, and my namesake Monty will all be in containers, well they are going to want to poo at some point!! On arrival they will be smelly and matted. Quarantine people will clean them won't they.?Can you pay for grooming as cavaliers have long hair and could get matted although will be going to get clipped prior to departure so nice and cool in oz.

Monty

Guest monty
I could be wrong as it is a while since we did this, but I think that is the one that you get from the vets after they have done the health check, and if my memory serves me right it has to be a vet that is registered to do the checks. As I am getting on a bit and after hearing the news last night the alcohol that I knocked back in my younger years has given me brain damage then my memory may be playing tricks with me.

Mrs TinB

Thanks Mrs TinB

OMEGA 3 CAPSULES ARE GREAT FOR MEMORY THEY ARE AVAILABLE AT MOST HEALTH FOOD SHOPS AND CHEMISTS LOL

Monty

I'd never actually thought of that dilema monty - but suffice to say I'm sure they'll look after them and they'll be clean when you pick them up. There must be rules for transporting animals that ensures they are cared for inflight and are insepected when they arrive.

Ali

Hi Monty

Thanks for the info, I will send them an email later this week.

With regards to the dogs being cleaned etc, I spoke to Golden Arrow about this and they said that as the dogs arent fed before or during the flight they tend not to got to the loo in their crate. Also the crates are lined with shredded newspaper (i think) as its absorbent.

I also think that the quarentine kennels may bath them, when our dogs go in kennels over here they are always bathed if they are in there for more than a week.

Sam xx

Guest monty

Thanks for the reassurance Ali and Sam, got the permits sorted out and provisionally booked places at spotswood for 14th Nov. That's totally mad though as still haven't got our 136 visa.

Monty

Archived