Irish People Perth Bound!!!!

Guest bcfrug

Guest MM79
Hi all,

Has anyone shipped a crate out to perth?Im just going to send my tools,some clothes and personal effects! Everything else we can leave behind. Derek.

Hey we got a quote from Careline yesterday. My husband wants to send all his tools too but we are shipping all our furniture. The whole house is goin to cost us 5 grand. It will take about eight weeks. They do ship small quantities of things too but I'm not sure how small they are willing to go. You just pay for the space you take up in the container. To send them by courier will cost ya a fortune as it goes by weight. A friend of mine is in Perth and he said the tools are very expensive.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey we got a quote from Careline yesterday. My husband wants to send all his tools too but we are shipping all our furniture. The whole house is goin to cost us 5 grand. It will take about eight weeks. They do ship small quantities of things too but I'm not sure how small they are willing to go. You just pay for the space you take up in the container. To send them by courier will cost ya a fortune as it goes by weight. A friend of mine is in Perth and he said the tools are very expensive.

Thanks for the info.Ill keep them in mind.Wont be goin for a few months(fingers crossed)but no harm in finding out.Were just sending my tools,tv,printer,clothes etc. renting now so have feck all furniture.The young mans toys might have to be sacrificed all but a select few...

Guest sudzy

Hi everyone! Just found this site... me and my husband possibly moving to Perth in 6-8 weeks. All a bit sudden so on verge of a bit of a nervous breakdown!

Will post back again when I read all the thread but in the meantime, I've heard Careline are great too!

Wonder if any of ye have shipped stuff from the UK (that's where we are) and torn between bringing everything, all the furniture etc, or travelleling light (relatively!) any advice??

Guest Sue1203

Ni ya

Can I just say that we went with ace removals and they were brilliant...they beat careline with their quote and were soooooooo professional and helpful and we shipped 2 vehicles and household with them and we couldn't fault them in any way shape or form and would suggest to all on here to give them a call before you go with anyone else as I could tell you a few things about the others that aren't very good.

Ace removals number is 083 360 7957, this is the owner, Michaels mobile and if you want tell him Will & Sue recommended them.

S

x

Guest Sue1203

Hi Paul

Got ur message, we are using Fergus o'connir in Perth and he is picking us up from airport and has sorted out our temp accommodation fir us and is going to help us get a long term rental. This is what he does so if you want his number, let me know.

S

Thanks for the info.Ill keep them in mind.Wont be goin for a few months(fingers crossed)but no harm in finding out.Were just sending my tools,tv,printer,clothes etc. renting now so have feck all furniture.The young mans toys might have to be sacrificed all but a select few...

Hey Derek,

How did you get your police clearances from Australia and here?

Myra

Guest irishchicko
Hi Sue,

If you could PM me Fergus's details that would be great

thanks ;)

Hi Sue,

Would you mind PM me Fergus's details as well?

Cheers

Guest irishchicko

Hi Chris and Elaine,

I have just got sponsored by a co. in Perth and am going out on a 457 visa. Do I need to get a medical done?

Guest Sue1203
Hi Sue,

If you could PM me Fergus's details that would be great

thanks ;)

Hi ya

Sorry for not getting back sooner...Fergus's phone number is 0061 401 795 257 and his email is Fergus.OConnor@grangerclark.com.au

You can tell him Will & Sue recommended him.

Anything else I can help with, please let me know and I promise, I won't take too long to get back...We only have 17 days left until we are down under!!!! yikes.....

Cheers

S

x

Guest Sue1203
Hi Sue,

Would you mind PM me Fergus's details as well?

Cheers

Hi ya

Fergus's phone number is 0061 401 795 257 and his email is Fergus.OConnor@grangerclark.com.au

You can tell him Will & Sue recommended him.

We only have 17 days left until we are down under!!!! yikes.....if I can help with anything else, let me know.

Cheers

S

x

Hi all,

Did anyone have a look at departure day last nite on rte?? Thought it was very good and alot of stories mirrored ours in different ways, my heart went out to fella at the start talking to camera in airport he was near tears god love him. Giving out about state Ireland is in now thanks to poor managment and how its only going to get worse b4 it gets better also how unfair its yet again the average joe soap who has to flee the country and leave all those they love behind while bankers and tds getting nice fat pensions to retire so they can stay and live the good life while every1 else picks up the tab! like they said yet another lost generation for Ireland!

Still waiting on a CO been 28 days since we lodged visa so hopefully wont b waiting too much longer! We are looking forward to the move though although we will miss all our family and friends, however we want to be able to provide some class of a future for our children and we cant see it here anymore :(

Hi all,

Did anyone have a look at departure day last nite on rte?? Thought it was very good and alot of stories mirrored ours in different ways, my heart went out to fella at the start talking to camera in airport he was near tears god love him. Giving out about state Ireland is in now thanks to poor managment and how its only going to get worse b4 it gets better also how unfair its yet again the average joe soap who has to flee the country and leave all those they love behind while bankers and tds getting nice fat pensions to retire so they can stay and live the good life while every1 else picks up the tab! like they said yet another lost generation for Ireland!

Still waiting on a CO been 28 days since we lodged visa so hopefully wont b waiting too much longer! We are looking forward to the move though although we will miss all our family and friends, however we want to be able to provide some class of a future for our children and we cant see it here anymore :(

Hi Sinead,

Good luck with CO - we'd love to be where you are - can't apply till next year, have to save!! We watched the program last night. It was so sad but confirmed we're making the right decision to go, not that we had any doubts. My heart really went out to the chap from cork having to close the family business after so many years, i've just closed my shop after 5 years of working 12 hour days and no wages, i'm so angry that there was no help for people like me but yet the scum who destroyed this country get baled out and walked away scot free with nice lump sums.:arghh: We hope to get to Perth by nov 12 but would go tomorrow if we could.

We are the same after paying out bones of ten grand on visa's including trip to uk for vetassess and new passports and payment for medicals we are on a mad saving buzz as will prob be another 6 grand for flights for the 3 of us and shipping and as you know need money to start up aswell! My husband will prob go out in late march with myself and mia following in early June, would perfer for us all to head out together but this way he can b earning when we get there. We are heading to Perth as well, hopefully we can all meet up somewhere when we get there!

I too felt for the chap in Cork, tis an awful pity on small business owners alright.

Guest Denise79

Hi boots

just starting the same process as yourself, metal fabrication 14 years no papers putting together skills assessment for Vic Uni finding it tough going at the minute, just got offered employer sponsorship in adelaide pressure is on would appreciate any info you can give us.

Guest Crosby Family
Got CO today so one step closer to the golden ticket!! Med's booked for 25th of this month and pc's being done as we speak! Oh me nerves!!

Congrats sinead on getting a CO. We lodged the same time as yourself so hopefully we will get a CO soon.....

Muriel

Guest Crosby Family
Crosby family saying a prayer for ye tonight fingers crossed this wk will be yer lucky week. Where abouts are you in Ireland? Will ye be shipping stuff over have ye looked at any companies yet?

Hi Sinead,

We are hoping to move to perth sometime in nov 2011, Our agent said things are moving fast lately so please god we will be out of this country soon.Sue from on this forum gave us the name of the company she is using its called ace removals and we gave them a ring and a 20ft contanier is just under 2,000 euro.we havent tried anyone else for prices.

Where in Ireland are you from?

When and where you thinking of going?

muriel

Guest Crosby Family
Hi Sinead,

We are hoping to move to perth sometime in nov 2011, Our agent said things are moving fast lately so please god we will be out of this country soon.Sue from on this forum gave us the name of the company she is using its called ace removals and we gave them a ring and a 20ft contanier is just under 2,000 euro.we havent tried anyone else for prices.

Where in Ireland are you from?

When and where you thinking of going?

muriel

Sorry we live in Kilkenny

Hi Crosby family

We are in Wexford so not far from ye! That sounds very good for 20ft container whats that in cubic feet bout 500? Only asking as all our quotes coming in cubic feet. It took us approx 30 days from lodging to getting CO. Looking at June gang this morn, and one of the posters got visa grant 4 days after doing medicals through ehealth so looks like things are moving fast. What is ur main applicants occupation? My husband lodged as carpenter, i went back to college a few years back to study as mainly worked in Hotels and bars as my father was a publican, however wanted to retrain as after i had Mia wanted to work more sociable hours, spent 4 years to get an honours degree in Business, graduated last July in the middle of recession and no work since due to lack of prospects here. Maybe some of us can meet up in the new year or when we get out to Australia although we have family in Perth it would be nice to make friends with some Irish who are going through the same things as us. x

Guest Crosby Family
Hi Crosby family

We are in Wexford so not far from ye! That sounds very good for 20ft container whats that in cubic feet bout 500? Only asking as all our quotes coming in cubic feet. It took us approx 30 days from lodging to getting CO. Looking at June gang this morn, and one of the posters got visa grant 4 days after doing medicals through ehealth so looks like things are moving fast. What is ur main applicants occupation? My husband lodged as carpenter, i went back to college a few years back to study as mainly worked in Hotels and bars as my father was a publican, however wanted to retrain as after i had Mia wanted to work more sociable hours, spent 4 years to get an honours degree in Business, graduated last July in the middle of recession and no work since due to lack of prospects here. Maybe some of us can meet up in the new year or when we get out to Australia although we have family in Perth it would be nice to make friends with some Irish who are going through the same things as us. x

Hi Sinead,

Think your prayers were answered for us last nite, checked our online status and we are to go ahead with police clearance and medicals, i emailed our agent and she confirmed we are to go ahead, think the co emailed them so will no more tomorrow as its after 9pm over there.We started the visa process on 14 feb2011 with skilled assessment then tra followed by ss like you we got it back in 5 days. My OH did floor and wall tiler assessment we have our own buisness for the past 4yrs but its gone so so bad now, trying to get paid is a nitemare.Think your right about the container only problem is you have to share so it could take longer to arrive.Where in perth you going?

Archived