How long for medicals to be marked as finalised?

Guest born2learn

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest miguelaustro
thanks, i mean for status of meds. to know whether finalized or referred.

have a look inside, you will be able to see status for meds, police, work experience, etc, and full detail about any requirement from your CO or HOC. There is no website exclusively for meds status.

regards,

thanks, it's still showing referred.

just how long will i have to wait.:err:

have a look inside, you will be able to see status for meds, police, work experience, etc, and full detail about any requirement from your CO or HOC. There is no website exclusively for meds status.

regards,

• 2 weeks later...
Guest miguelaustro
Hi Miguel,

thanks for ur reply, i pray to god that they finalise ur daughter's medicals as soon as possible, hope u get a grant in couple of days.

My daughter was "met" 3 days ago.

We realised "speech impairment" is not a problem for Australia Health's system.

All of us got VISA yesterday.

Thank you very much!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there.. no one's posted here for a little while. We have been referred for the past 2 weeks and of course it's been worrying us a lot but this thread has been really useful. We'll mail the HOC as people suggest, but it seems like 3 - 4 weeks is normal referral time. Anyone want to share current experience? We've cleared all other documents and requirements... I do wonder if people just fall to the bottom of the pile for no particular reason but it doesn't help the blood pressure (kind of ironic seeing as we're talking medicals!!)

Any help and support we can give each other would be good - we are all so close!

TNR

Guest jigarercivil

Your medical finalized ? Mine still referred since 02/03/2011.. tired with checking online status..:mad: I sent email before 2 weeks and she told medical sent to HOC.. again sent mail today but yet not received reply...

Hi there.. no one's posted here for a little while. We have been referred for the past 2 weeks and of course it's been worrying us a lot but this thread has been really useful. We'll mail the HOC as people suggest, but it seems like 3 - 4 weeks is normal referral time. Anyone want to share current experience? We've cleared all other documents and requirements... I do wonder if people just fall to the bottom of the pile for no particular reason but it doesn't help the blood pressure (kind of ironic seeing as we're talking medicals!!)

Any help and support we can give each other would be good - we are all so close!

TNR

Your medical finalized ? Mine still referred since 02/03/2011.. tired with checking online status..:mad: I sent email before 2 weeks and she told medical sent to HOC.. again sent mail today but yet not received reply...

Hey there

We have just heard back from Health Operations Centre. It took a couple of emails (they did reply promptly) but tonight we've just heard that they are now processing medicals dated 4/3/2011. We're dated 07/03/11 so we must be getting closer and hopefully yours are now being done.

If this is caused by everyone frontloading their medicals there doesn't seem to be a lot of point as it's just causing a backlog rather than speeding the process up.

Still they were helpful and all you can do is wait.. Did you mail HOC directly?

TNR

Guest KatyNick
Hey there

We have just heard back from Health Operations Centre. It took a couple of emails (they did reply promptly) but tonight we've just heard that they are now processing medicals dated 4/3/2011. We're dated 07/03/11 so we must be getting closer and hopefully yours are now being done.

If this is caused by everyone frontloading their medicals there doesn't seem to be a lot of point as it's just causing a backlog rather than speeding the process up.

Still they were helpful and all you can do is wait.. Did you mail HOC directly?

TNR

Thank you so much for posting this. Our medicals arrived in Oz after a 'slight' delay on 7th!!. :arghh: 4th March - that was a Friday wasn't it. So hopefully it won't take them too long to get to 7th! Fingers crossed

Guest jlr248

My family all had medicals about 3 weeks ago and have all, except one daughter had meds finalized. My daughters have been referred, I imagine, due to the fact she has a small heart murmur. She has not ever had any problems, symptoms or medication for this condition and I took a copy of last her "check up" which she as every 2 years along to the medical. As yet we have not been asked to produce any further info. Does anyone know how the process works and what is likely to happen next and when? This must be our last hurdle...

Guest Ari3139

Hi, it took ours a total of 5 days for the medicals to be finalised. 2 days for the medicals and then an additional 3 days for the blood tests to be received and then status changed to finalised. this was all done via the online site and not paper though. Hope this helps.

Our medicals were sent on 10/03/11, nothing has been updated on our application and it does not say they have been received yet! It is 2 weeks tomorrow! Can I assume you all knew when your medicals were received in Oz because your status changed to received???

Guest travelsparks

Our medicals were sent on 10/03/11, nothing has been updated on our application and it does not say they have been received yet! It is 2 weeks tomorrow! Can I assume you all knew when your medicals were received in Oz because your status changed to received???
nothing on our status has been updated in 4 weeks despite they wanting a new birth certificate of my son and references from my husband but nothing

Give it more time loopylas - easier said than done i know but its only a few weeks.

It drives you insane!!!

I know a few people who did their medicals 2 weeks after mine, some have been finalised and the others are waiting on family members to be finalised. Just want to know if they have received ours. Have asked agent to check it out.

Guest recherche

hey loopylas, im a single applicant... my meds were received and finalised on the same day.. mine took about a week after I performed my medicals..

hope u find out what's happening with yours soon!

Guest Ari3139
Does anyone know how long it normally takes to get officially get visa after medicals have been finalized?

We got our visas today - 9 days after medicals been received but thats only because we were awaiting our police checks that were uploaded yesterday. they are moving really fast at the moment. Good Luck.

Guest travelsparks

I have just been onto site and noticed that the medicals have been received well for myself and my husband but not my son is this normal

Regarding ThistleandRose, HOC is around to processing medicals dated starting 4/3/2011.

We are dated 08/03/11 and could be finalized next week, I hope !!!

Is there anyone else with that date and who has not had the tests completed ?

?

TNR

Guest Phillips family
Regarding ThistleandRose, HOC is around to processing medicals dated starting 4/3/2011.

We are dated 08/03/11 and could be finalized next week, I hope !!!

Is there anyone else with that date and who has not had the tests completed ?

?

TNR

that's good news - we had our meds on the 8th also however, the reports will probably reach Sydney on Monday (our clinic took 2 weeks to send ours)! hoping dont have to wait too much longer !

Guest jackfrew

We had our meds done on 05/03/2011. Sent to Sydney on 11/03/2011. Received and finalised on the same day 15/03/2011. Police checks uploaded 17/03/2011.

They have everything and finalised for the past 8-10 days. Still no visa. Just a waiting game now. Do you think I should phone or send an email?

Thanks,

Sharon:confused:

Archived