car mechanics

Guest chris71

Guest chris71

hiya all ,i am in process of getting my docs together for skills assessment and was wonder if there was any other car mechanics out there who have got through the assessment and timescale involved.

hiya not sure what classification your going under but my hubby is a diesel mechanic / fitter we started the ball rolling mid september and are now awaiting to be called for our medicals,just been out to brisbane for a few week and EVERYONE says jobs wont be a problem 9he had 3 offers whilst there),if i can help anymore just ask

cal x

Guest chris71

hi thanks cal,i am a general grease monkey applying for 136 visa,thanks for the reply. hopefully plenty of work in oz.do you know what average wages are for fully skilled and experienced ?

hiya we too are going for 136 skilled independant ,gary was discussing wages last week and it seems to be a general sort of price he said about 50 to 60 % of his salary here ,which, if you are going to be having a mortgage you need to look carefully as cost of living is very similar to here ,we thought it would be alot cheaper than it is as you wont have the heating costs etc but the air-con over there is quite expensive to run,no mot on the cars to pay for but road tax slightly higher than here ,hope this helps ,let me know if you need anymore info ,where are you hoping to head for ?

Cal x

Guest chris71

hi cal thanks for reply, not sure what we are doing yet ,but my wife has family in NSW central coast area so more than likely we will start of there.

Archived