Please help - hidden costs ??? & Outgoings

Anything is possible

Hi guys,

My hubby has received his offer letter this weekend woo hoo (we are a family of 4 and heading for Western Sydney)...... I have already done alot of research into costs and stuff, but am just wondering if anyone out there has an answer for me to any hidden costs that I have missed. But most importantly does anyone know what costs we would be looking at for the connect of utilities for:

Water

Electricity

Gas

Phone

Internet

Costs I have found so far are per month (are these OK?) I know car, rent, etc getting as part of package so doesn't really come into things at this stage.

Phone & Internet 200.00

Mobile 50.00

Housekeeping 1,000.00

Electricity 200.00

Fuel - Oil or Gas 115.00

Home ins 30.00

Water 60.00

School Stuff 170.00 I am hoping i have over budgeted for

Life Cover 200.00 I am hoping i have over budgeted for

Other Transporatation 100.00

We have to get back to them to accept (hopefully) very soon as start day is only a few months away.... Argh scary.... Thanks so much in advance on any replies.......:confused:

Guest ashmalog
Hi guys,

My hubby has received his offer letter this weekend woo hoo (we are a family of 4 and heading for Western Sydney)...... I have already done alot of research into costs and stuff, but am just wondering if anyone out there has an answer for me to any hidden costs that I have missed. But most importantly does anyone know what costs we would be looking at for the connect of utilities for:

Water

Electricity

Gas

Phone

Internet

Costs I have found so far are per month (are these OK?) I know car, rent, etc getting as part of package so doesn't really come into things at this stage.

Phone & Internet 200.00

Mobile 50.00

Housekeeping 1,000.00

Electricity 200.00

Fuel - Oil or Gas 115.00

Home ins 30.00

Water 60.00

School Stuff 170.00 I am hoping i have over budgeted for

Life Cover 200.00 I am hoping i have over budgeted for

Other Transporatation 100.00

We have to get back to them to accept (hopefully) very soon as start day is only a few months away.... Argh scary.... Thanks so much in advance on any replies.......:confused:

Not bad estimates but as you say its better to over budget rather than underbudget. i have been here 13mths now and so have had quite a few bills for a family of 5 in melbourne

internet and phone - $150 per mth for unlimited broadband and phone calls

fuel - 55 per week

water - 70-90 per 2mths

food - 1000-1200

home insurance - 45 for (60k cover)

car insurance - 45 per month (comprehensive)

car rego - 520 per year includes third party only

mobile - 50-90 depends if payg or contract

school fees - 250-350 per yr (government) 500 for uniform

gym membership - 14 per week

elec - 200-300 per 2mths

gas - 150-250 per 2mths

childcare costs - daycare 70 per day!!!!!!

swimming lessons - 15 per lesson

hope that gives you an idea. not sure on your family set up or where you will be going to.

good luck

Thank you so much for your reply, think I have the costs ok but its the connection costs of ulities that I am worrying about. The company have offered us a relocation package and connection is included within that figure, however before we accept I want to check that its enough as shipping has come in slightly more than expected. :-( .

We are family of 4 heading for western sydney, and haven't a clue on where i can find out this information.

Thanks again for replying

Thank you so much for your reply, think I have the costs ok but its the connection costs of ulities that I am worrying about. The company have offered us a relocation package and connection is included within that figure, however before we accept I want to check that its enough as shipping has come in slightly more than expected. :-( .

We are family of 4 heading for western sydney, and haven't a clue on where i can find out this information.

Thanks again for replying

We paid an initial charge of around $100 for 3 gas bottles (we have bottle supplied gas). Electricity - we didn't pay anything up front with AGL. Our phone/broadband was free connection with the bundle we signed up for with Optus. We are in the northern suburbs of Sydney.

Cheers.

Hmmm I'd say you're pretty spot on there. You can cut corners on stuff though like phone/Internet and TV by picking the right providers.

I would disagree with those who say Foxtel is worth it, just keep the freeview and get some more DVDs!

Bring everything you can over.

We pay Optus $120 per month for unlimited use of landline and ADSL2 broadband. I pay Vodafone $39 per month for virtually no service (they're rubbish and I'm stuck in that contract so my advice when picking your telco is pick a few networks get a SIM from each on PAYG and test them all out to see what one works best!)

So yeah I mean for school if you've got like trousers and stuff saved up from the UK bring those if they're still fitting that cuts another off?? Kmart do lots of cheap school stuff though. At the moment I believe shoes are $8 ...and they look just as good as anything you'll get by going and getting Clarks at Mathers or Betts or whatever!

Honestly though just finiding what works for you, if you can get things in packages like phone/tv/broadband then do so.

• 2 weeks later...