Guest AndyG

Advice from ex British QLD police officers

Guest AndyG

Hi...

I'm a a police officer currently serving in the Met Police. My fiance is an Aussie (fortunately with a British passport!) and we're looking to move to Queensland asap.

I know I have to have permanent residency before I can apply to transfer to QLD but I see from their web site that they aren't currently taking transfers for the PACE program. Ny permanent residency should hopefully be confirmed in 2 years so I'm hoping things might have changed by then!

I was just wondering if there are any ex English coppers who can give me some advice and answer some of my questions!

Cheers!

Andy

Guest guest30038

Hi Andy,

Can't help you with Police matters but can't you migrate as partner of your fiancee if you have lived together for (I think it's) 12 months?............or haven't you? (not being personal just pointing you in the direction of another avenue)

good luck

kev

Guest AndyG

Cheers Kev,

I can go out as her fiance but the police won't take me until I have permanent residency- can't even apply for a transfer until they have seen proof of that! Frustrating as it is I can't really risk going out there unless I have a guaranteed job.

Thanks for replying,

Andy

Guest guest30038
Cheers Kev,

I can go out as her fiance but the police won't take me until I have permanent residency- can't even apply for a transfer until they have seen proof of that! Frustrating as it is I can't really risk going out there unless I have a guaranteed job.

Thanks for replying,

Andy

Hi Andy, mate it may help you if you contact PIO member Mr Luvpants. He is an ex uK fireman who's managed to get enrolled in the Qld police academy. I know it's a different set of circumstances, but every little snippet, gathered from whatever source, may open a door somewhere.

Also, permanent residency should be achieved if the fiancee path is taken and you could apply for the police, once here.

kev

How about a quick marriage, my daughter's friend Australian engaged to a Brit who actually got told to leave Aus, they went over to the UK and got married, did not tell their friends, just the authorities etc for his visa and then returned. The big wedding was 2 years later and just an affirmation type ceremony. So they got the visa and the wedding she wanted.

Petals

:ssign15:taking no prisoners :wink:

Guest MKtoOz

Hi

Did you have any luck re your move? I'm in a similar position, 12 year serving PC looking at going over to Queensland with my wife. She's a nurse, so can get in with me as baggage at the moment. I'd like to stay in a job I know and enjoy as I don't have many usable skills (MOD trained Aircraft Fitter and misc engineering prior to police). Looking into moving now, but obviously concerned re leaving as secure a jobs as there is for nothing definate.

Hi

Did you have any luck re your move? I'm in a similar position, 12 year serving PC looking at going over to Queensland with my wife. She's a nurse, so can get in with me as baggage at the moment. I'd like to stay in a job I know and enjoy as I don't have many usable skills (MOD trained Aircraft Fitter and misc engineering prior to police). Looking into moving now, but obviously concerned re leaving as secure a jobs as there is for nothing definate.

Just wondering if Andy or MKtoOz have had any luck on the job front? I am a Midwife and my husband a serving PC. We are looking to move to QLD, and he will be in the same situation, I have NZ passport, so he should be able to get residency that way, but he also not sure about leaving a secure job without any thing definite.