New Friends in Perth - Mandurah south of river

Guest ozzysteve

Guest ozzysteve

Congratulations Debs. That's fantastic news!! Was you offered the other job too?

I will email you later on with some dates.

Samx

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Im a Builder (skilled bricklayer 175)got my visa granted in July and have until 27th April to Activate.So bit the bullet and am fling out to Perth on Friday 18th March.I shall be staying in the City Waters Hotel until 24th .If anyone wants to meet up for a beer. or knows anyone who maybe can offer work or a brickie with his own company please let me know .Originally It was a family application but wife and daughter do not want to go now.so Im going alone rather than waste 3 yrs and nearly £6k .my number is 07791 664 909 going to perth as its the nearest point of entry and cheaper flight .im on Facebook DARREN RIDING cheers otherwise im gonna be the saddo on his own .lol

Oh ek paklaihung, that sounds a bit drastic. Can you not talk your wife & daughter into at least coming over with you for a holiday & validating their visas. At least then if they change their minds they've got another 4 yers!!!

It might be worth you doing a new thread of your own to meet people & ask about builders as most of the folks on this thread are over an hrs drive south of Perth. Of course if you end up down this way, give us a yell with pleasure. We don't know any builders personally, but I can't speak for the others. There is lots of building work going on south of the river & north. When you get here buy The West Australian newspaper on Wed & Sat, there's lots of jobs in there & fetch some cv's too. Good luck to you hun X

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thethompsons

Hi everyone sorry havent been on for a while 10th of april sunday sounds good to us lot if thats cool for you deb, caz and steve and sam then lets make it date give us a shout

Take care everyone x x x

P.s hope to hear from you all soon and hear about the 10th April

Guest ozzysteve
Hi everyone sorry havent been on for a while 10th of april sunday sounds good to us lot if thats cool for you deb, caz and steve and sam then lets make it date give us a shout

Take care everyone x x x

P.s hope to hear from you all soon and hear about the 10th April

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the delay in emailing you back with some dates.

Sunday 10th April is fine with us too.

I hope to hear from you all soon

Lots of Love

Sam and Stevexxx:biggrin:

Hi Everyone, Yes that's still fine with us, although the weather for the end of the week is not looking to much like pool weather at the mo! 25c is looking like winter woolies weather, LOL!

It's ok with us if Deb's doesn't want to do it, we can still do a meet up at the usual place or some where different if anyone has any suggestions. X

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, we are John, Michelle, Charlie & Ashley, not in Mandurah yet we fly out to Oz at the end of November. We will be staying NOR with friends for a couple of weeks and then moving down, just trying to book a holiday let at the minute, We are looking to book somewhere for 3-4 weeks to cover christmas and first week of Jan, hopefully we will find a permanent rental in that time. If you know of anywhere for a short term let would be interested to know. Our 2 girls are 8 and 5 and really looking forward to coming over and getting to know new people.

Not sure where we are going to live yet, all depends on schools and housing availability but will be Mandurah somewhere. Would be lovely to start getting to know people before we move over.

Currently just going through the overwhelming task of getting organised, have all the shippers round in the next 2 weeks to quote, but the best bit is the flights are booked :)

We will probably have a few questions on things before we come out so sorry in advance and look forward to meeting some of you when we get there :)

Michelle

Guest Allic1978

Hi little em. I'm alli and myself, my husband and our two girls 7 and 4 are hoping to move out by july. We think after a bit of research we will be moving sor but we won't know till we get there. Just thought I'd say hello and good luck With all the prep :)

Hi little em. I'm alli and myself, my husband and our two girls 7 and 4 are hoping to move out by july. We think after a bit of research we will be moving sor but we won't know till we get there. Just thought I'd say hello and good luck With all the prep :)

Hi Alli, July isn't too far away is it how are you getting on? Have you used shippers? We have to live regional when we get there which is why we have chosen mandurah, looks nice though. Are your girls excited?

Michelle

hi Michelle, you have made a great choice in Mandurah, lol!! We love it here!

Make sure you book up early for a short term rental over the Xmas period, Mandurah is a "holiday" town so places will be in short supply. Feel free to get in touch if you want to ask any questions and good luck with all the organising: I remember it well!

Jill x

hi Michelle, you have made a great choice in Mandurah, lol!! We love it here!

Make sure you book up early for a short term rental over the Xmas period, Mandurah is a "holiday" town so places will be in short supply. Feel free to get in touch if you want to ask any questions and good luck with all the organising: I remember it well!

Jill x

Hi Jill, thanks, i am having trouble getting a reasonable priced rental at the minute so we may rent somewhere NOR and travel down to find a perm rental look at schools etc. May i ask which part you have settled in? Do you also have any children? We have looked at the attendance and average marks for all the primary schools and they all seem much the same, but i have been told Dudley park is very good. So much to do :) Very excited though

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mrs i

Just looking at the site as I haven't been on for ages and came accross this post,it clicked after a while that you must be joshua's mum(small world!!)I used to give him a lift home from school with my boys when you lived on the anchorage,hope you are settling into your new home in secret harbour x I don't see josh(Stoke my boys call him!)as my eldest has just left maranatha and just youngest left there now,take care x haze

Guest mrs i
Just looking at the site as I haven't been on for ages and came accross this post,it clicked after a while that you must be joshua's mum(small world!!)I used to give him a lift home from school with my boys when you lived on the anchorage,hope you are settling into your new home in secret harbour x I don't see josh(Stoke my boys call him!)as my eldest has just left maranatha and just youngest left there now,take care x haze

Sorry wrong place I think,this was a reply for deb x

• 4 weeks later...
Sorry wrong place I think,this was a reply for deb x

Hi this is Deb

Just stumbled across this email tonight whilst i was looking for something else.

Yes i am Josh's mum. Thanks for giving Josh a lift when we lived on the Anchorage Estate. You dont know how grateful i was with everything being new and all and Josh settling into school.

Yes i live in Secret Harbour now, where do you live?

If you want to pm me we can swap details and keep in touch if you like.

Sorry that i never noticed this email before. My computer normally advises me that i have emails from Poms in Oz but i dont think it notified me of this because i have never seen it until now!! :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pandp

Hi guys,

Myself and my OH are going to Mandurah at the start of July (will be there from 4th of July onwards) and would love to meet up and have a chat as it will be our first time there!

Hi guys,

Myself and my OH are going to Mandurah at the start of July (will be there from 4th of July onwards) and would love to meet up and have a chat as it will be our first time there!

Hi there

Are you already in WA or do you mean you will be arriving here at the start of July?

We live in Secret Harbour not far from Mandurah and have been here 16 months now.

We met up with a few people from PIO in the summer and made some friends. If you want us to arrange something we can, just let us know :biggrin:

Guest ozzysteve

Hey there Debs, Hows things. This winters a bit cold !!!!

Been realy busy with life and work at the moment, so not been on here for a while. We must sort a meet up soon, its been to long

Take care X

Guest pandp
Hi there

Are you already in WA or do you mean you will be arriving here at the start of July?

We live in Secret Harbour not far from Mandurah and have been here 16 months now.

We met up with a few people from PIO in the summer and made some friends. If you want us to arrange something we can, just let us know :biggrin:

Hi Deb,

Apologies for late reply. We're not in Australia yet and we've never been there but we'll be there on the start of July. We would love to meet up! :-)

Paul and Paulina