Getting Federal Police Clearance?

Zoot

What is the process for getting Federal Police Clearance? I have read of some people just going to their local cop shop who sorted it all but after discussing it with a friend they said they had to download forms from the internet, go through some process at the local cop shop and then send the whole lot off to Canberra.

I am now totally confused and dont want to apply for the wrong certificate etc. So any advice as to what the correct process is for the 887 visa? and what exactly is it that one is applying for - seems there is a National Police Clearance and Federal Police Clearance (or are these the same??).

Guest siamsusie
What is the process for getting Federal Police Clearance? I have read of some people just going to their local cop shop who sorted it all but after discussing it with a friend they said they had to download forms from the internet, go through some process at the local cop shop and then send the whole lot off to Canberra.

I am now totally confused and dont want to apply for the wrong certificate etc. So any advice as to what the correct process is for the 887 visa? and what exactly is it that one is applying for - seems there is a National Police Clearance and Federal Police Clearance (or are these the same??).

I had a Federal Police Check Zoot, and downloaded the forms, sent to Canberra and received them back within 10 days I believe.

Cheers Susie :wubclub:

Archived