and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest IlkleyMoorBahtat

More Info on Redcliffe pls

Guest IlkleyMoorBahtat

Hi All,

We are a family of four (2 boys aged 3.5 and 1.5). We are currently researching places to live in north Brisbane and particularly like the look of Redcliffe. It ticks the boxes for us in terms of being close to the beach, not too long a commute to Eagle Farm and we can find rentals within our budget.

I was just wondering if anyone lives there with small children? Is there plenty to do for little ones, toddler groups, classes etc?

Are there any negatives for families?

Many Thanks

Louise

Hi, we have lived in Redcliffe for the past 3 years now. Our girls are older 12 and 9 yrs, but it certainly ticks all the boxes for us. They have lots of activities that they can do.Can't comment on activities for toddlers but I would imagine that it is very good also. Hope this helps. Elena

Bruce

Redcliffe

hi. I have stayed in Redcliffe on all of my visits to Aus as have relatives living there however, on last visit which was the first time with our daughter, we stumbled upon Scarborough which had a lovely child friendly beach and kiddy park.

Good luck

Guest sh7t man no way

i lived on the peninsular (margate/redcliffe scarbrough) for 3 years--we lived in scarbrough for 2--i found it a very relaxing,and frienly place to live--eagle farm is about a 40 minute drive away--there heaps of things to do--if you just want to chill out with the family---theres a saying once you have lived on the peninsula you will never leave

i lived on the peninsular (margate/redcliffe scarbrough) for 3 years--we lived in scarbrough for 2--i found it a very relaxing,and frienly place to live--eagle farm is about a 40 minute drive away--there heaps of things to do--if you just want to chill out with the family---theres a saying once you have lived on the peninsula you will never leave

Out of Interest, where r u now?

Guest The Ropey HOFF

My mate kev - itcouldbeworse showed us round Redcliffe and it looked great to us, he hopefully will read this thread and be able to tell you more about it.

Guest guest30038
My mate kev - itcouldbeworse showed us round Redcliffe and it looked great to us, he hopefully will read this thread and be able to tell you more about it.

It's all been said Jim. Redcliffe is a great place..................just have to make sure you pick your area correctly as there can be a few drongos in some areas. Lots of poms there too.

kev

Here is a video I done in 2008 of the area

Any help give us ayell

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." Bill Gates 1981

Guest IlkleyMoorBahtat

it looks really lovely, thanks so much for that. It's certainly high on our list of places to check out when we get there.

My boys would love the park near the beach.

Is it really nov - may when you can't swim due to the jellies? All through the Summer?

it looks really lovely, thanks so much for that. It's certainly high on our list of places to check out when we get there.

My boys would love the park near the beach.

Is it really nov - may when you can't swim due to the jellies? All through the Summer?

The jelly fish don't really bother us, they are not the dangerous type. Usually get them after the North winds, but haven't seen them so far. At the moment the beach is off limits due to the floods.

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." Bill Gates 1981

hi guys,

we to are hoping to move to redcliffe area or within a 10 mile radius later this year, our son is 13 and we would appreciate any imformation on the state high schools in the area, rgds jackster

Hi there are 2 state high schools on the peninsula, Redcliffe State High and Clontarf Beach State school. My kids don't go to either. I believe that Redcliffe has an excellent academic reputation, they used to be quite strict about only letting kids in who live in the catchment area. I have friends who have kids at both of the schools and they all seem to be doing really well. Elena

Bruce

Redcliffe

Guest IlkleyMoorBahtat

Just bumping my post up again in the hope of getting some info from families with young children living there. What's it like for toddler groups / libraries / classes etc?

Thanks

Louise

We have a few friends living close to Redcliffe at North Lakes so been up there a few times now. It seems to be a lovely area to us with lots of things to do.

Here are some photos of the beach and the pool at redcliffe, which is free to all :wink:

DSCN0949.jpg

DSCN0938.jpg

DSCN0935.jpg

Guest guest30038
We have a few friends living close to Redcliffe at North Lakes so been up there a few times now. It seems to be a lovely area to us with lots of things to do.

Here are some photos of the beach and the pool at redcliffe, which is free to all :wink:

And a couple more

red%20jetty4%201300.jpg

IMG_1534-1300.jpg