red back alert

Guest silverstargazer38

Guest silverstargazer38

when i woke up this morning i nearly jumped out of my skin as i turned over there in bed was a huge red back lucky for me i managed to sneak out of the bed without waking it and just left it alone as i have been told not to disturb them while they are asleep as they can become very angry so i just left it there as far as i know it is still there can any one give me some advice on what to do i have tried after sun but this seems to aggravate it maybe next time she will use a good sun block lol.but serious though people need to know that even a little exposure to the sun still needs a sun cream to be applied:biglaugh:

The best remedy for sunburn is to cut a tomatoe in half & rub over the area, this is a fair dinkum way of stopping the soreness etc, it was told to me 30 years ago when I worked on a construction site after first coming to Oz & it worked a treat.

Rubbing oils and creams on after you get sunburnt helps your body to cook.

Guest Ian&Lou

Ha ha Tony - I did think for a mo that you were talking about a real redback:wideeyed: as I didnt realise you were still in the uk!

Not tried the tomato, will give it a go on my burnt legs! ta

Lou

x

Guest donovan
when i woke up this morning i nearly jumped out of my skin as i turned over there in bed was a huge red back lucky for me i managed to sneak out of the bed without waking it and just left it alone as i have been told not to disturb them while they are asleep as they can become very angry so i just left it there as far as i know it is still there can any one give me some advice on what to do i have tried after sun but this seems to aggravate it maybe next time she will use a good sun block lol.but serious though people need to know that even a little exposure to the sun still needs a sun cream to be applied:biglaugh:

Hiya I am from Stockton on Tees but have lived down South since 88, I was up North last week staying with my dad in Elmtree, saying the dredded goodbyes, horrible, where are you from in Stockton?

Sarah

Guest jonseywife

Well, you had me going there for a minute silverstargazer...............

I though maybe you bought some Australian banana's or something and a spider must have crawled out of the packet .......... :shocked: !!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor old wifey.............. thats rotten !!!!!!!!! Just goes to show you even have to "slip, slop, slap" on the old sun screen here in the UK !!! :yes:

Try Aloe Vera gel............ its great for sunburn & soooooooooooo cooling !!!! aloevera.jpg

Guest motlyman

Hi,

I read this post with interest as i saw my first Red Back the other day,(real one)

Funny, when you get here you will find the beaches empty except for Poms. Aussies dont sit in the sun like we do. Most houses have some kind of pergola or shade sails in the garden to protect from the sun.

Even the wildlife stays away until dusk or dawn.

Colin

Guest Guest9973

:biglaugh:

Yogurt - any flavour.

For the real Redbacks--------------- Hair spray - stop em' dead in their tracks every time!!!:)

Guest Scarletfever

Having to contend with Sun Burn....as we do down here in West Wales..:err: It made me remember that we used to use natural yoghurt rubbed onto the offending area/areas.

Or was that for something else?:huh: ............yep, I remember now, that was defo for something else..:embarrassed:

Sorry, I'll get my coat...

Guest jonseywife
Having to contend with Sun Burn....as we do down here in West Wales.. It made me remember that we used to use natural yoghurt rubbed onto the offending area/areas.

Or was that for something else? ............yep, I remember now, that was defo for something else..:embarrassed:

Sorry, I'll get my coat...

I think your confused Dan (as always) :twitcy: .............. I thought natural yoghurt was used for a certain "girlie down under" problem.......???!!!!!!!!!! :err:

Guest Scarletfever
I think your confused Dan (as always) :twitcy: .............. I thought natural yoghurt was used for a certain "girlie down under" problem.......???!!!!!!!!!! :err:

You're right Sal!!! It is!! Us blokey blokes just use a wire brush and dettol, so I've absolutley no idea where I got the yoghurty thing from..:embarrassed:

Archived