Terrible News of Multiple Shooting In US

Guest guest30085

Guest guest30085

Six dead, 12 wounded in Arizona shooting - report - Yahoo! News UK

Terrible News of a multiple shooting including a Federal Judge and a Congresswoman and a poor 9 year old shot dead in Arizona

Isn't it time the 'Civil Right' to own a gun is taken away? Incidents may still happen but surely the sheer numbers of deaths would decrease?

Guest chris955

Every time this happens the pro gun lobby trots out the same old line 'guns don't kill people, people kill people'. It is absolutely heart breaking reading this sort of story. There is no way that when guns are available to anyone who wants one that this wont happen. Hell will freeze over before they tighten up the gun laws unfortunately as it is entrenched in their -day to day lives.

Guest guest30085
Every time this happens the pro gun lobby trots out the same old line 'guns don't kill people, people kill people'. It is absolutely heart breaking reading this sort of story. There is no way that when guns are available to anyone who wants one that this wont happen. Hell will freeze over before they tighten up the gun laws unfortunately as it is entrenched in their -day to day lives.

:no: one reason (probably the only one) why I would never consider trying to emigrate to the US. I have travelled there and the parts I saw were fantastic and luckily I didnt experience/witness any sort of crime whilst I was there.

And I know violence/crime takes place in all countries but I could never settle in a country where owning a gun is considered a 'right' - the thought is too terrifying :no:

Those poor people

Guest chris955

When we were there we got talking to a girl behind the counter in a KFC, she loved our accents, and out of the blue she asked us if we owned a gun ? We of course said no but amazingly she did but it was at home. She was 18 :elvis: The day after we picked up our hire car an ex employee walked into the car hire place and shot his boss and a couple of others, some would say we were in there a day early :wink:

I really liked America, the people were nice, if a little false, and it was very cheap but I couldn't live there.

Guest siamsusie

RIP to those poor people. How terribly sad.

Tasmania had its own terrible happening in April 1996 35 dead and 21 wounded.

The Port Arthur massacre remains Australia's deadliest killing spree and one of the deadliest such incidents worldwide in recent times.

Semi-automatic and automatic weapons were immediately banned in Tasmania and polticians began working towards federal laws. Incidentally, it has been said that before the massacre, Tasmania had the loosest gun laws in Australia. While that may be true, Americans may wish to note that Tasmanians who wanted to own any firearm including air rifles was required to pass a gun handling course and carry a photo-bearing gun license. This license had to be produced prior to the purchase of ammunition etc.

http://tourtasmania.com/tasfaq/history/portarthur.html