Waiting for house to sell then here we come.

Guest KimSkelton

Guest KimSkelton

:laugh:Hi all,

My names Kim and my hubby is Andrew, we have state sponsorship for Victoria.

We have had our Visa's for nearly a year now, due to various events the move had to go on hold, we have finally decided that this is the year to make the move.

We have put our house on the market and just need it to sell now. :smile:

Thing is, my Hubby hasn't got a job yet, and I'm just wondering whether you all have jobs before you move out?

Also, if he doesn't get a job we won't know where to live!!! He has applied for jobs and sent CV to construction companies but no word back yet. He is a bricklayer

We also have an 18 month, so I want to be in an area which is child friendly, but we have no idea where to live-with no job offer.

Does anyone have any advice-besides throwing a dart at a map:eek:.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks Kim:cute:

• 3 months later...
Guest Sue du Rose

hi

just started looking at poms in oz again we have had our medicals and police checks and all ok just waiting now for our 175 visa approx 10/12 weeks we have been told. go our house on the market but nothing happening as yet. OH a carpenter and we are hoping to move to mornington penninsular area two children sophie 11 mark 8 live formby near liverpool.

we are just going over and will then look for work....life is too short!! good luck with everything

Welcome to the forum, I live in Melbourne but so do four million other people and its large sprawling city and there are suburbs I have never visited in the long time I have lived here.

I guess you would probably need to look where there is construction going on. Depending whether your husband works in commercial or residential. Commercial building companies do employ trades people but for residential most brickies are self employed and just contract wherever they are needed.

Have a look at realestate.com.au and look at the new estates on there, generally they are north, west and south east of the CBD and on the fringe.

Geelong is a city near Melbourne and there is a lot of building going on down on the coast around there.

Have a look at the Victorian Suburbs sub forum on here a lot of the suburbs have been discussed at length.

Once you are more sure of what you want, beach, hills, city, country people will be able to assist you more.

Good luck

Archived