Decission Ready Checklist/Applications

gaz n family

So.

With all the changes and new regulations. Is it still possible to use a Decission Ready Checklist application.

Our 176 was lodged ti DIAC Nov 10 a decission ready via our Migration Agent. Now in the next week or so us SA applicants will start getting Case Officers, in date order i believe.

A while ago DRC applications were rumered to be receiving Case Officers within 10 days of their application being lodged.

I have tried to ask my MA, but i suspect he is still on his hols as not heard back, i sent the email Sunday evening. Unless he has done a runner now we have paid.

DRC has been used in the past for onshore applications only, not sure if it already exists.

If it applied to offshore applications surely we would all have been advised to be decission ready or it would just be used as a method of queue jumping instead of in date lodgement order.

Which of course is the only fair way to go imo.

Well it would apprear things might have changed recently. i have been doing some digging around and came accross this on dlegal (dont really know this site) but found this

The introduction of State Migration Plans (SMP) has impacted on what applications can be lodged under the Brisbane eGSM Decision Ready Checklist Trial (DRC). DIAC is required to give any GSM applications under this SMP priority over those with a lower priority. The result is limiting of the DRC from 3 November 2010 to applications that are Priority 2 which is for SMP's.

Applications that have already been allocated to case officers under DRC or any other arrangements will continue to be processed to finality. Any Priority 3 applications not yet allocated will only be allocated to case officers when all Priority 2 applications have been allocated, these would be allocated based on date of visa application.

But i am still digging to get to understand the full story

Guest smithys
Well it would apprear things might have changed recently. i have been doing some digging around and came accross this on dlegal (dont really know this site) but found this

The introduction of State Migration Plans (SMP) has impacted on what applications can be lodged under the Brisbane eGSM Decision Ready Checklist Trial (DRC). DIAC is required to give any GSM applications under this SMP priority over those with a lower priority. The result is limiting of the DRC from 3 November 2010 to applications that are Priority 2 which is for SMP's.

Applications that have already been allocated to case officers under DRC or any other arrangements will continue to be processed to finality. Any Priority 3 applications not yet allocated will only be allocated to case officers when all Priority 2 applications have been allocated, these would be allocated based on date of visa application.

Hi Gaz,

I think the clue here may be in this quote, as I believe Brisbane Processing Centre only deals with ONSHORE apps (it's Adelaide that deal with OFFSHORE).

I don't think the DRC has ever been applicalble to Offshore applications.

Cheers xxx

DRC has been used in the past for onshore applications only, not sure if it already exists.

If it applied to offshore applications surely we would all have been advised to be decission ready or it would just be used as a method of queue jumping instead of in date lodgement order.

Which of course is the only fair way to go imo.

If anyone can get me there earlier then i will take it legally of course.

This is certainly one thing that DIAC rep discussed at a brief/presentation we attended last year, but that was early and well before all the recent changes.

We were told, some MA dont have the authority to use the checklist so do try to rubbish it, but on the flip those MA that can use it as a selling point. Who knows these days, but i will be digging about over the next couple of days.

Brisbane is definately used for onshore, its the ASPC that process ours, we too have our meds and pccs done and applied in Sept 09 but this wont help us. Wish it did!! The good thing is we are all cat 2 now so its just a case of waiting our turn, now hurry the damn up DIAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A WA applicant from Dec 2010 was allocated a CO today!..that is good news for all of us,am sure!:biggrin:

Sorry not Dec.2010 but July!..I mixed the dates up with another from QLD..who lodged in Dec.and was allocated in Jan...but the system is quite a mystery....another was allocated in 5 days!?!?:confused:

So.

With all the changes and new regulations. Is it still possible to use a Decission Ready Checklist application.

Our 176 was lodged ti DIAC Nov 10 a decission ready via our Migration Agent. Now in the next week or so us SA applicants will start getting Case Officers, in date order i believe.

A while ago DRC applications were rumered to be receiving Case Officers within 10 days of their application being lodged.

I have tried to ask my MA, but i suspect he is still on his hols as not heard back, i sent the email Sunday evening. Unless he has done a runner now we have paid.

Unfortunately the DRC is not available to 176 applications.

Currently DRC’s are only available for:

1) Some onshore GSM applications processed by Brisbane;

2) Employer Nomination Scheme applications.

Guest jains005

Friends,

when i moved up to cat 2 my agent asked me to go for DRA. I made an enquiry here and knew it was not for offshores. So i told my agent that as i'm a March 09 applicant i don't want to go for it. My calculation was correct as i got my CO on the next day and visa on the following day. But if DRA is also for offshores is not clear to me. I was told by agents like Alan that it's not for offshores. I trusted him and refused to go for it and i saved money.

Well i finally heard from the migration agent today. the story goes.

No, you did not lodge a decission ready application, sorry if you thought that, when i said decission ready what i meant was all the information being lodged will enable the CO to make a decission quickly. We discussed this right at the start, i said i would do all possible to lodge your application decission ready.

BUT, both me and the boss remember their words, we can lodge your application as decission ready, which will push you to the top of the list and give you priority over other applicants.

Now i have discovered more and more about the process, i guess what i now know to be a decission ready application is not what he meant, dispite him using the phrase.......Decission Ready.

I guess we live and learn.

So, i suspect this was a phrase used to excite us of thinking that they will push it through. Good selling point.

Thanks for your replies