New South Wales SS - Where are you now?

cazhoney

Guest Colorana

Hi AustrAnglian,

Thanks very much for your welcoming to this thread.

Answering your question, no I have not confirmed if DIAC got the form, I hope so. I guess this is something the CO will have to confirm (whenever a CO is allocated to my case).

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AustrAnglian
Hi AustrAnglian,

Thanks very much for your welcoming to this thread.

Answering your question, no I have not confirmed if DIAC got the form, I hope so. I guess this is something the CO will have to confirm (whenever a CO is allocated to my case).

Hi Colorana, there's every chance everything is OK but on the Cat 2 thread there were a number of applicants who weren't getting a CO when everyone around them was. Eventually they phoned or checked with DIAC and found that their form 1100 was not submitted properly by the State to DIAC. This can make a big difference to your processing time

As an April 2010 applicant if you are in Cat 2 you will get a CO in the coming weeks, but as a Cat 3 applicant you could wait another year before being contacted by a CO.

Take a look at the attached thread and if you are unsure about the status of your 1100 form I would contact DIAC to confirm your status. It may save you many months in the queue waiting for a CO!

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/105832-1100-form-question.html

Some applicants phone DIAC to confirm their status but the usual way is to submit a PLE:

General Skilled Migration Post-Lodgement Enquiry Form

All the best.

Guest Colorana

Hi AustrAnglian,

Thnaks very much for warning me. I had no idea there was a chance form 1100 could go missing. I will definitely double check....I will let you know how it went. I may take a while though. As you know contacting DIAC is not easy.

Hi Carolina,

Good to see you are another Environmental Engineer also sponsored by NSW....Thanks for creating this thread and keep up with the good work. Hope to get a CO very soon!

Please add my details below:

Name: Colorana

Date of Visa application: 15/04/2010

Trade/profession: Environmental Engineer

Nationality: South African

IELTS (if applicable): 7.5

Visa type: 176

DIAC Priority (if applicable): 2

Date of SS application: 23/03/2010

Delays/further docs requested:

Date SS received: 30/03/2010

Comments:

Hi Colorana,

welcome to our thread!! It´s good to see more people around here....until now, our barbecue had only 3 guests: me, Austranglian and Sparrow....:wink:

Hi AustrAnglian,

Thnaks very much for warning me. I had no idea there was a chance form 1100 could go missing. I will definitely double check....I will let you know how it went. I may take a while though. As you know contacting DIAC is not easy.

Colorana,

I am one who had proplems with form 1100...I sent a PLE, and they were not considering me as a 176...so I had to contact NSW again, and told them the problem....

No harm checking, right?

Guest Colorana

Hi Cazhoney....

Thanks for the invite....I will gladly join you in your barby. Just keep me in mind!

Tx for the info on the form 1100. I will investigate. After all this long and painful wait I do not want to have any more delays....

Guest lobsters
Hi Colorana,

welcome to our thread!! It´s good to see more people around here....until now, our barbecue had only 3 guests: me, Austranglian and Sparrow....:wink:

We would love to join your barby too!! Don't know when or where but we'll get there eventually :laugh:

Guest lobsters

Hi Colorana,

OH is Dutch but I'm South African, it's so nice to see a fellow South African heading to NSW too!!! :smile:

Name :Wensmal

Date of application:21-09-09

Visa Type:475

Nationality: Indian

IELTS:7.5

DICA priority [?]

medicals and pcc: submitted in 2009

Hi Wensmal,

do you have more information about your application? Do you have NSW SS? Could you please provide all the information below? Thanks! :wubclub:

Name:

Date of Visa application:

Trade/profession:

Nationality:

IELTS (if applicable):

Visa type:

DIAC Priority (if applicable):

Date of SS application:

Delays/further docs requested:

Date SS received:

comments:

We would love to join your barby too!! Don't know when or where but we'll get there eventually :laugh:

Of course lobs! I really intend to have a barbecue with you all as soon as we all get there!

I will gather everybody´s emails, so we can stay in touch after receving the visa! :jiggy:

Guest mirob

Hey guys,

you know how other states offer SS to recent graduates. if you've completed a degree in the state you are eligible for SS (of course you have to meet all requirements etc.)

Is NSW different? There is no such thing ... at least I can't find it.

Guest Colorana

#59 (permalink) lobsters

lobsters is finally Category 2!!!

Save

My Mood: Happy.gif

reputation_pos.gif

Hi Colorana,

OH is Dutch but I'm South African, it's so nice to see a fellow South African heading to NSW too!!! :smile:

10-06-09 TRA 432111 Air Con & Refrigeration Mechanic 06-03-10 IELTS J (Overall 6) 06-12-10 Regional Sponsorship NSW (Murray Region)

13-12-10 VF475 e-visa lodged 03-03-11 NSW SMP Category 2!

#59 (permalink) lobsters

lobsters is finally Category 2!!!

Save

My Mood: Happy.gif

reputation_pos.gif

Hi Colorana,

10-06-09 TRA 432111 Air Con & Refrigeration Mechanic 06-03-10 IELTS J (Overall 6) 06-12-10 Regional Sponsorship NSW (Murray Region)

Hi Colorana,

Hi Lobsters,

Yes...it is great to know there are other SAns going to NSW. Then that means we will not have a barbie when we get there but a braai...hope we can find boereboers over there!. I am just amazed on how small is this thread in comparison with those of the other States. We are only 4!. Do you have any ideas of why is this happening? I suspect it may have do do with NSW fame of being very expensive (accomodation, services, food,,etc....). Sydney is apparently the most expensive city in AU.

Guest AustrAnglian
Hey guys,

you know how other states offer SS to recent graduates. if you've completed a degree in the state you are eligible for SS (of course you have to meet all requirements etc.)

Is NSW different? There is no such thing ... at least I can't find it.

Hi Mirob, I've not seen anything like this on the NSW website. You may be best checking directly with Beth Bull at NSW:

https://www.business.nsw.gov.au/live-and-work-in-nsw/visa-and-migration/contact-us

All the best.

Guest lobsters

Hi Colorana,

Can't wait for the braai! I haven't had a SA braai in ages and really miss the boerewors. Not to mention biltong and dry wors!! We have an address in Holland where we can buy these goodies but he knows his price, way too expensive!!

Where in NSW are you planning to settle?

I think the reason why there aren't many people going to NSW on SS is that the majority of the occupations are sponsored by regional NSW and most would rather live on the coast.

Hopefully this time next year we'll be in Oz living the life! :wink:

Guest Colorana
Hi Colorana,

Can't wait for the braai! I haven't had a SA braai in ages and really miss the boerewors. Not to mention biltong and dry wors!! We have an address in Holland where we can buy these goodies but he knows his price, way too expensive!!

Where in NSW are you planning to settle?

I think the reason why there aren't many people going to NSW on SS is that the majority of the occupations are sponsored by regional NSW and most would rather live on the coast.

Hopefully this time next year we'll be in Oz living the life! :wink:

Hi again Lobsters...

Yes I can imagine how much you must be missing to braai. It is a pity SA food is expensive over there. It must be because the market is relatively small. Maybe you can consider making your won billtong?I believe it is not so difficult.

Regarding your question, I have the idea of settling in Sydney because the job market seems to be better for me there. Nevertheless, this will depend on where I can find my first job there. Time will tell!. Thanks for sharing you thoughts on why not too many people go to NSW. If that is the case I wonder why all the people sponsored for regional NSW do not join this thread. Aren't they supposed to be also Cat 2?:unsure:

Guest AustrAnglian

OK, so we know Carolina makes a great Caipirinha, the South Africans have the Braai covered and I'd really like the Dutch to organise the beer - Belgian, of course! So what can the Poms bring?

Btw we've lived in South Africa (Joburg unfortunately) and also Holland (Haarlem - wonderful) but not Brazil (yet - who knows?).

Oh my god!!! I can´t believe I am saying this.....

I have received a Case Officer!!!!

He has not contacted me yet, but I sent a PLE to DIAC, and they confirmed me I have a CO!!!

I have no words to express what I am feeling right now....:jiggy:

Guest sparrow

He has not contacted me yet, but I sent a PLE to DIAC, and they confirmed me I have a CO!!!

congrates cazhoney..........time closer to barbeeeeee

Guest AustrAnglian

Congrats Carolina - very happy for you! Are you going to turn yourself pink on page 1? Hopefully the other 2009 guys will be close behind you.

PS. I told you so!

Guest lobsters

That is fantastic news! Congratulations!!!

Huge Congratulations Carolina......

Wish you the best....

Archived