pool light question for sparkies

tisme

Does a 100 watt 12 volt halogen light globe get hotter than a 150 watt 24 volt one???

The cover on my pool light says no greater than a 100 watt to be used, but the old one was a 150 watt 24 volt. There is no such thing as a 100 watt in a 24 volt so thinking I was doing the right thing replaced it with a 100 watt 12 volt, well it blew after a few hours and has left scorch marks on the inside cover. Not sure if this was due to moisture inside the cover or it just got too hot.

I'm totally confused on what globe to use now and the woman in the pool shop has no idea either. :confused:

Guest siamsusie
Does a 100 watt 12 volt halogen light globe get hotter than a 150 watt 24 volt one???

The cover on my pool light says no greater than a 100 watt to be used, but the old one was a 150 watt 24 volt. There is no such thing as a 100 watt in a 24 volt so thinking I was doing the right thing replaced it with a 100 watt 12 volt, well it blew after a few hours and has left scorch marks on the inside cover. Not sure if this was due to moisture inside the cover or it just got too hot.

I'm totally confused on what globe to use now and the woman in the pool shop has no idea either. :confused:

According to my sparkie OH, you cant put a 12 volt lamp in a 24 volt circuit... therefore you must use a 24 volt lamp .:wubclub:

Cheers Susie

Archived