barton4

Household goods inside vehicle in shipping container

We are shipping our car in the same container as our household goods. Does anyone know if i will be able to put some of our household goods inside the car?

Our car was in our 40 ft container, and it had to be empty, that was over 6 years ago, so guess it may have changed?

Alternatively, I could be wrong - just repeating what i've read. lol.

Guest Guest 47403

I've looked into this and your car needs to be empty unfortunately.

Thanks for your help guys, I did receive an email from customs today saying 'No', never mind hey!

Whilst you can't put things in the car itself, the shippers do or should build a bulk-head over the bonnet area and even over the roof so this area can be filled with boxes.

This will provide you with quite a bit of extra space which can be filled.

As for putting things in the car, I had been advised that you could put any items relating to the vehicle in it such as roof racks, roof top box, cycle carrier etc. :unsure:

Cheers

S

Spencer (40 Aus), Lisa (36 Permanent Visa 100), Alexandra (11 Aus by Descent) & William (7 Aus by Descent)

hi we have just shipped a 40ft containing household and motor vehicles.

We were told you are able to put stuff inside as long as it does not cover windows, but it will also have xtra quarantine fees to be paid as the cars have to go through different customs hall, as well as the household customs, so I strongly advise you leave car empty.

hi we have just shipped a 40ft containing household and motor vehicles.

We were told you are able to put stuff inside as long as it does not cover windows, but it will also have xtra quarantine fees to be paid as the cars have to go through different customs hall, as well as the household customs, so I strongly advise you leave car empty.

Just for interest's sake, may I ask what you paid for a 40ft container with a car in? We are planning to do the same, but it is still in the future and need to know how much to save roughly.:wink:

I shipped my van over, filled to the rafters with all sorts just a couple of months ago! in a 20 foot container

My Father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belguim with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery!

Hi we paid 6800 Inc aqis fee with crown, we used insure your move .com for the marine insurance.