Category 4- how long will it be

Team Rennolds

Guest RobynD

Zone,

Are you an independent (s175) or family sponsored (s176) category 4 applicant? And, when did you submit your application?

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RobynD

Well, my friend submitted her application in Sept 2008, and hers was granted in Jan this year, so hopefully it'll be your turn soon.

Holding thumbs...

Guest RobynD

I know, I understood that the DIAC were not even considering Category 4's yet, but they must be if my friend's visa has been granted. And, it definitely has. I spoke to her last night just to confirm everything.

So, who knows?

Guest majorie c
I know, I understood that the DIAC were not even considering Category 4's yet, but they must be if my friend's visa has been granted. And, it definitely has. I spoke to her last night just to confirm everything.

So, who knows?

Robyn,

Your friend is from High or Low risk country?

Thanks.....:hug:

That really raised my hope tonight but on the other hand I don't trust DIAC till I get that pre-grant letter. When I applied in Nov 08, none of these categories existed and I always thought that its not fair to apply these rules reciprocally but obviously DIAC doesn't care.

Its good to see that things are moving finally and raising hope for all the Cat 4 applicants.

Thanks guys.

Guest RobynD

Well, she has dual British and South African citizenship, but would have applied under the former nationality. I'm not sure, but I assume the UK is a low risk?

Guest lexlim86
Well, she has dual British and South African citizenship, but would have applied under the former nationality. I'm not sure, but I assume the UK is a low risk?

what is your friend occupation to be precise? i reckon she might be on the new sol but she did not realize about that before

Guest leoj76

im cat4 and applied in april 2008 (familly sponsor).. since then I didnt hear something from diac!!!

last time i make a complain on their website saying thats it was unfair that people in after so much time my application havent been process!! they give may answer.. but the principal was.. it is a ministerial descion!

so i think their nothin to do about it, just wait and cross finger next jly thing may change!!!

leo.

im cat4 and applied in april 2008 (familly sponsor).. since then I didnt hear something from diac!!!

last time i make a complain on their website saying thats it was unfair that people in after so much time my application havent been process!! they give may answer.. but the principal was.. it is a ministerial descion!

so i think their nothin to do about it, just wait and cross finger next jly thing may change!!!

leo.

I don't think they even open your file when you send them your queries except sending some automatic reply based on the key words on your email.

All we can do is play the wait and the cry game :D

I don't think they even open your file when you send them your queries except sending some automatic reply based on the key words on your email.

All we can do is play the wait and the cry game :D

Yes, I agree with u. They do not bother to work on category 4 applicants. I wrote emails to minister, DIAC and various other people. But in response my query was forward to DIAC. And All the time I got the same standard mail.

Guest majorie c
Are you sure they were not moved to cat 2/3 from cat 4 ?

Oh, sorry my mistake.... they moved to 2. Coz they are Off List...WASS Non SMP, now moved to 2

Guest cherise

Yeah thats right i was Cat 4 because I wasnt on WA smp plan, but phoned up today and found out that wa have negotiated to get their cat 4 off list nominations moved up to cat 2. I alos rang DIAC this morning and found out I was appointed a case officer on the 10 of March :-)

Yeah thats right i was Cat 4 because I wasnt on WA smp plan, but phoned up today and found out that wa have negotiated to get their cat 4 off list nominations moved up to cat 2. I alos rang DIAC this morning and found out I was appointed a case officer on the 10 of March :-)

Congrats..

Hope I could hear this news sometime soon :(

Guest lexlim86
She is a primary school teacher and was category 4 applicant, post July 2010.

i think she was not category 4 anymore since 1 July 2010, because primary teacher is on the new sol list. therefore her visa get approved because she already moved to category 3 or 2 since July 2010

Guest RobynD

Really? Which SOL list are you looking at, as the one I have seen does NOT list primary school teacher. It includes pre-primary and secondary, but not primary.

There is no primary school teacher on here, as far as I can see...

Australia Skilled Occupation List: Australian Visa Bureau

Thanks RobynD

In my opinion, now we need to find out whether this is just a one off case or they have in fact started looking into Cat 4 applicants.

I checked beupdate.co.uk but can't see much happening there. Any other suggestions??

Lets figure out the truth:policeman:

XxX

From the Zone

Guest RobynD
Thanks RobynD

In my opinion, now we need to find out whether this is just a one off case or they have in fact started looking into Cat 4 applicants.

I checked beupdate.co.uk but can't see much happening there. Any other suggestions??

Lets figure out the truth:policeman:

XxX

From the Zone

Hi Zone

I asked my friend to email me a copy of her pre-grant letter, which she's done. It's pretty cut and dried and she has to be in Oz before July 2011 to activate her visa.

I also asked her to confirm AGAIN with her migration agent that she definitely applied as a primary school teacher and that she did not change her application to a SMP or any other visa type. She is pretty much 100% sure, but has contacted her migration agent to confirm this with them too.

So, as far as I am concerned, this is pretty concrete evidence that they are processing category 4's.

Robz

Well, i still can't believe that a TEACHER could end up in CAT4, given that there is a chronic shortage of them. Just shows you that Australian Government doesn't give a damn about people who want to come here.