Category 4- how long will it be

Team Rennolds

Guest majorie c
Hi there,

I'm sorry but I just don't know where people are coming up with figures like 3 - 6 years!!!

I'm not being overly optimistic (or naive), but I find it hard to believe random figures regarding processing times. A friend of mine (she is a primary school teacher, so also category 4) applied in October 2008 and had her visa granted in January this year! That is a total waiting time of approximately 2 years and 3 months and the most blatant evidence that the DIAC are most definitely processing category 4's!!

I hope this sheds some (positive) light on other Category 4 applicants!

Cheers

Robz

(s176 Visa application submitted May 2010/ Category 4)

Is she a state or family sponsored?

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest RobynD

Neither - she is a s175 Independent GSM visa.

Is there is a difference with regard to processing times within the categories i.e. are they giving preference to certain visa types?

Neither - she is a s175 Independent GSM visa.

Is there is a difference with regard to processing times within the categories i.e. are they giving preference to certain visa types?

Hard to believe my dear friends.. He must have uploaded his visa first for 175 and then could have changed to state sponsored.

Guest RobynD

Hi Virtual Bajwa

Actually, "she" applied as a s175 Independent GSM applicant (as a primary school teacher) and did NOT change to a state sponsored or any other type of visa.

When her occupation was removed from the SOL list last year (like the rest of us in category 4) she resigned herself to a long wait... however, she was pleasantly surprised when a CO was allocated in Dec last year. She submitted her health and med checks and was granted her visa shortly thereafter.

Believe it or not, it's exactly what happened....

Guest stillwaiting79

Hi RobynD,

If that's the case then I'm hoping with all ny might we might actually get some movement....

Although, I'm terrified if the false hope as I'm an October 2008 cat 4 fam spon applicant and it's been a journey filled eith heartache already

Congrats to your mate!

Hi Virtual Bajwa

Actually, "she" applied as a s175 Independent GSM applicant (as a primary school teacher) and did NOT change to a state sponsored or any other type of visa.

When her occupation was removed from the SOL list last year (like the rest of us in category 4) she resigned herself to a long wait... however, she was pleasantly surprised when a CO was allocated in Dec last year. She submitted her health and med checks and was granted her visa shortly thereafter.

Believe it or not, it's exactly what happened....

Hey robyn,

Still this is hard to believe until and unless they announce something on DIAC website or on auto reply mails. Because priority processing clearly mentioned that they are not processing priority 4 applicants .

Hey robyn,

Still this is hard to believe until and unless they announce something on DIAC website or on auto reply mails. Because priority processing clearly mentioned that they are not processing priority 4 applicants .

@Virtual Bhangra,

Have you tried Luanda, Angola? Don't think you should be obsessed with Australia.

Vista_da_Marginal_1970_Cedida_por_Caluanda.jpg

@Virtual Bhangra,

Have you tried Luanda, Angola? Don't think you should be obsessed with Australia.

Vista_da_Marginal_1970_Cedida_por_Caluanda.jpg

Beautiful,

I do not know what you want to prove.

One thing which I know is I know Australia better than you my dear friend. My bro is Australian citizen and contributing to the development and always pray for the development of Australia.

My love for Australian land was started on the day when I had applied for this visa subclass. But one thing which I want to mention here is that I was not treated in democratic manner by DIAC. But still I believe destiny can turn things around.They asked me to submit Medical and PCC. verified my job 2 years back. but still they can not process my application. There should be some decision.....with proper reasoning..

I mean Australia is a wonderful place to live in i.e. why I chose to live there but......

Yeah it can be a calm and serene place to live, as are many other countries in the world. It's just the stubborness that I don't understand about how you say it's your dream, etc.

Is your life right now soooo bad that this is all you think about and will it really be that much better if you come here. All this material wealth just makes you numb after a while, you dig? It's hyped up, and when you die you will leave all of it behind.

You have to work hard to serve humanity at the grassroots level, engage in social projects to help the needy, provide education to places where it's needed most - which is not Australia, actually and then that can be your legacy. Not that you went to Australia and lived a comfortable life and the rest of it.

Yeah it can be a calm and serene place to live, as are many other countries in the world. It's just the stubborness that I don't understand about how you say it's your dream, etc.

Is your life right now soooo bad that this is all you think about and will it really be that much better if you come here. All this material wealth just makes you numb after a while, you dig? It's hyped up, and when you die you will leave all of it behind.

You have to work hard to serve humanity at the grassroots level, engage in social projects to help the needy, provide education to places where it's needed most - which is not Australia, actually and then that can be your legacy. Not that you went to Australia and lived a comfortable life and the rest of it.

I agree with you that Service to humanity starts from the grassroots. Which is what I do here in my country. World is very short today. People from other countries are coming to India in the search of work.On the other hands Indians are also going to various parts of globe to earn their bread. Once you involved in one process , your dreams are also connected to that process.Yes this is true that I am earning well in my country. But to explore the opportunities of world, one can not connected to one place only..

Guest RobynD
Any more CAT 4 with CO/ Visa recently?:biggrin:

Hi Majorie

I'm sure there will be others, as I've done some searches on other immigration forums and there are one or two people who have had similar experiences.

Cheers,

Robyn

Guest majorie c
Hi Majorie

I'm sure there will be others, as I've done some searches on other immigration forums and there are one or two people who have had similar experiences.

Cheers,

Robyn

Glad to hear that.....:)

Guest RobynD
Hi RobynD,

If that's the case then I'm hoping with all ny might we might actually get some movement....

Although, I'm terrified if the false hope as I'm an October 2008 cat 4 fam spon applicant and it's been a journey filled eith heartache already

Congrats to your mate!

Hi Stillwaiting,

I am in the same boat as you: I am also a family sponsored s176 visa/ category 4 applicant: although I only submitted my application in May last year.

The fact that my friends visa was granted is a really positive sign - the most positive I have had for a while. The only thing is that she was in the independent s175 visa class, as opposed to family sponsored: although, as I understand it, the DIAC are processing category 4 applicants in the order in which they were recieved, not according to any sub-class priority.

Think happy thoughts!

Cheers,

Robz

Hi Stillwaiting,

I am in the same boat as you: I am also a family sponsored s176 visa/ category 4 applicant: although I only submitted my application in May last year.

The fact that my friends visa was granted is a really positive sign - the most positive I have had for a while. The only thing is that she was in the independent s175 visa class, as opposed to family sponsored: although, as I understand it, the DIAC are processing category 4 applicants in the order in which they were recieved, not according to any sub-class priority.

Think happy thoughts!

Cheers,

Robz

If thats true, I can see light at the end of a freaking looong tunnel.

Archived