You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Zoot

Lost Birth Certificate

Soon I will be able to apply for my 887 visa after finishing my 495 sentence BUT I am not sure where I have put my birth certificate with all the moving around and I see it is required for the 887 visa despite it having been provided for the 495. So my big question is how does one go about getting a replacement - my sister got one some time ago but cant remember who she approached or what she did so that doesnt help. Does anyone know how much it costs and how long it takes?

Guest china

It's quite easy as long as you know where you were born - ie which county - then just go online and find the phone number (or you might be able to do it online) and call the registrar then request a copy - you will pay a small fee and they will send you a certified copy of the entry. We got one from Durham and it was sorted in a two minute phone call, arrived about a week later, and cost something like £10 or £20 (can't really remember which). Hope this helps :)

I got a replacement online. It's very easy. From what I can remember you just needed to know where you was bien, your Mothers full name and Maiden name and your Fathers full name. If you know what office you was registered at it will speed the process up, but its not essential. I didn't know mine but it just took a bit longer. I got it a few weeks later in the post.

417 - Arrived 08/03/11,

457 - Granted 03/01/12,

186 - (Boilermaker, Transition, LR) Medicals 20/10/15, Nom and Visa applied 15/12/15, GRANTED 14/06/16

Thanks guys what a weight off my mind - had visions of having to go on bended knees and beg type thing and to be put at the back of the queue (oh wait that is the visa process ):biggrin:

Will get onto it and maybe can get it sooner rather than later