Brisbannittes - January 22 2011 - Redcliffe

THIS MEET-UP IS BEING POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO THE ON-GOING SITUATION IN BRISBANE AND SURROUNDING AREAS

Hello and Happy New Year to one and all, I hope everyone's hangover has now subsided and the New Year resolutions haven't yet been abandoned!

We are having the next meet up at the Settlement Cove Lagoon in Redcliffe on 22 January 2011.

About Redcliffe - History and Attractions

Personally I haven't been to this place yet but it looks pretty promising as it has the lagoon area for swimming and wading, a children's play area, water jets, the beach, picnic areas and bbq's. The address should be on the link above but I think it is Marine Parade, Recliffe, it may also come up on Sat Navs as a point of interest in that area too. If you have been before then just look out for the familiar faces and if you haven't then we usually have a gazebo up, a picnic table and the picnic chairs too. Just listen out for the pommie accents!

If anyone has any issues with finding it etc then please do send a message and we will try to help. As usual just try to bring some bbq food and drink, enough for yourselves is fine, and we all pitch in and share. Time wise we should be there from 11am til mid afternoon depending on the weather and how tired the kids are!

See you there unless the weather is terrible in which case we will re-arrange!

Matt & Sharon

Jacob & Isobel

xxxxxx

Guest guest30038
Hello and Happy New Year to one and all, I hope everyone's hangover has now subsided and the New Year resolutions haven't yet been abandoned!

we are having the next meet up at the Settlement Cove Lagoon in Redcliffe on 22 January 2011.

About Redcliffe - History and Attractions

Personally I haven't been to this place yet but it looks pretty promising as it has the lagoon area for swimming and wading, a children's play area, water jets, the beach, picnic areas and bbq's. The address should be on the link above but I think it is Marine Parade, Recliffe, it may also come up on Sat Navs as a point of interest in that area too. If you have been before then just look out for the familiar faces and if you haven't then we usually have a gazebo up, a picnic table and the picnic chairs too. Just listen out for the pommie accents!

If anyone has any issues with finding it etc then please do send a message and we will try to help. As usual just try to bring some bbq food and drink, enough for yourselves is fine, and we all pitch in and share. Time wise we should be there from 11am til mid afternoon depending on the weather and how tired the kids are!

See you there unless the weather is terrible in which case we will re-arrange!

Matt & Sharon

Jacob & Isobel

xxxxxx

Hi Matt and Sharon,

Mate, I'm 99% certain the lagoon will not allow erecting of your own tables,chairs, gazebos etc as it is artificially grassed and I have never seen anything other than the fixed facilities there during my frequent visits. There may also be difficulty accessing barbecues, seats and shelter as it is very popular with folk arriving very early and staying all day.

Nearby Suttons beach could be an option as meets have been held there before. Plenty of space/tables/barbies and a good play area for the kids, with a fish n' chip shop across the road and a kiddie friendly beach with no surf and an option to visit the lagoon later (2 mins away) if families so wish, after the meet.

Not trying to put a dampener on it, but I have been there at 9am on weekends and been unable to find a free barbie/cover as local folk often breakfast there.

PIO member Kernow is local and organised the last very succesful meet at Suttons and he may be able to confirm my statements (or not) before you arrive at a final decision on location.

Good luck

kev

Hi Matt and Sharon,

Mate, I'm 99% certain the lagoon will not allow erecting of your own tables,chairs, gazebos etc as it is artificially grassed and I have never seen anything other than the fixed facilities there during my frequent visits. There may also be difficulty accessing barbecues, seats and shelter as it is very popular with folk arriving very early and staying all day.

Nearby Suttons beach could be an option as meets have been held there before. Plenty of space/tables/barbies and a good play area for the kids, with a fish n' chip shop across the road and a kiddie friendly beach with no surf and an option to visit the lagoon later (2 mins away) if families so wish, after the meet.

Not trying to put a dampener on it, but I have been there at 9am on weekends and been unable to find a free barbie/cover as local folk often breakfast there.

PIO member Kernow is local and organised the last very succesful meet at Suttons and he may be able to confirm my statements (or not) before you arrive at a final decision on location.

Good luck

kev

Kev is right about the lagoon, We don't go near the plce on weekends, as you have to struggle with the large contingent of islanders to get a spot to sit.

Suttons beach is far better,but you need to be there really early to get a shelter.

yell out if you want a hand

Guest guest30038

yell out if you want a hand

Same here. The beauty of suttons is that there is lots of grass/sand so if the shelters are taken, and you have your own gazebo, all's good. The chippie acroos the road if you can't get on a barbie, but I've never been yet where I didn't get one. It pays to bung a couple of placcie or camping chairs of your own in the car for insurance. I've got a 2 minute gazebo if that'll help also

kev

Guest AndyandYvonneD
Same here. The beauty of suttons is that there is lots of grass/sand so if the shelters are taken, and you have your own gazebo, all's good. The chippie acroos the road if you can't get on a barbie, but I've never been yet where I didn't get one. It pays to bung a couple of placcie or camping chairs of your own in the car for insurance. I've got a 2 minute gazebo if that'll help also

kev

Kev,

Is that not the day Bid gets back, if so you wont be available :wubclub:

Yvonne

Guest guest30038
Kev,

Is that not the day Bid gets back, if so you wont be available :wubclub:

Yvonne

She doesn't get back till 19.40. If you think I'm cleaning the house in the morning.........you're mistaken :biglaugh:

Grumpa

Archived