Cat's

Guest The Mackie's

Guest The Mackie's

Hi, does anyone know approx how much it is to take a cat to Oz? I have read on a website that it is approx £3000.00. This seems a lot to me. Has anyone taken their cat or dog over, if so how did they get on? I am concerned whether it is too stressful for our cat, to come with us but at the same time he is part of our family - nightmare decision. Any help would be appreciated x

Guest charlyandnick

Hi,

I've read somewhere that it was about £1500 for each cat. We have 2 and probably wont take them with us as its very expensive and I know my Mum will take good care of them plus they will love her garden (we only have a yard)!

Charly

Guest JohnP

Our Cat is costing about £1300 from Edinburgh to Sydney. We need to pay quarantine fees on top of this. We couldn't leave without her so just another expense as far as we're concerned.

We're using a company in Scotland called Pet Travel Service. They are great, but there are others in England.

Cheers

JP..

Hi we paid £1,300 for our cat Becky to come to Aus. We paid $300 at quarentine when we picked her up. She flew Manchester to Perth and was picked up from our home in Preston, Pets on the move did everything, paperwork, took her to vets for fitness to fly and to the airport.

When we picked Becky up at Byford they said she was a quiet little thing - she made up for it waking us at 5am for the next two days meowing (getting her own back I think). I have to say she looked in really good condition (I was a bit worried), her coat was healthy and as we arrived in Summer she coped with the heat (we just made sure she had plenty of water). She's now celebrated her 16th birthday and our vet here says there's a good few years in her yet!

Ali

Guest monty
Hi' date=' does anyone know approx how much it is to take a cat to Oz? I have read on a website that it is approx £3000.00. This seems a lot to me. Has anyone taken their cat or dog over, if so how did they get on? I am concerned whether it is too stressful for our cat, to come with us but at the same time he is part of our family - nightmare decision. Any help would be appreciated x [/size']

Hi I think the guys have answered your question really thoroughly, but I'd just like to add that you speak to your vet about an excellent "calmer" by the name of FELIWAY (spray) (For Dogs D.A.P. spray) you just spray it geneously inside the container and onto the cats/dogs blanket say 10/15 mins before putting your cat into the container. It seems to work very well in most cases and has no side effects. TRANQUILISERS SHOULD NOT BE GIVEN NOT EVEN A MILD ONE.

Hope this keeps your cats stress levels down. For the owners I would recommend alcohol! Works for me a large glass of red wine. Seriously though Ali's post is reassuring it goes to prove that we get more streesed than the animals do. Good Luck

Monty

Archived