Transfer from British Army to Australian Army

Guest Amyp1988

Guest Amyp1988

Hi,

I was hoping someone would be able to help me. My partner is currently serving in the British Army and thinking of transferring to the Australian army in the next few years. We have only recently started thinking about this so are really starting from scratch in terms of having any information about emigrating. Is there anyone else who has moved to Australia by transferring regiment? I was wondering if you could answer the following questions:-

1. Is there a minimum rank my partner would need to be to transfer?

2. He is in the royal artillary - Do the australian army have similar regiments?

3. Would we need to be married before I could emigrate with him?

4. Do the army pay for all emigration fees, medicals etc?

5. Would he have to do any conversion courses?

6. I am currently completing a law degree and intend to qualify as a secondary school teacher. Could I complete the necessary teaching qualifications in Australia, or would I have to qualify in England and then do a conversion course?

I would also be grateful if you could let me know your experience of moving and whether you have found it was the right thing to do?

Thanks for any help.

Amy

Hi,

I was hoping someone would be able to help me. My partner is currently serving in the British Army and thinking of transferring to the Australian army in the next few years. We have only recently started thinking about this so are really starting from scratch in terms of having any information about emigrating. Is there anyone else who has moved to Australia by transferring regiment? I was wondering if you could answer the following questions:-

1. Is there a minimum rank my partner would need to be to transfer?

2. He is in the royal artillary - Do the australian army have similar regiments?

3. Would we need to be married before I could emigrate with him?

4. Do the army pay for all emigration fees, medicals etc?

5. Would he have to do any conversion courses?

6. I am currently completing a law degree and intend to qualify as a secondary school teacher. Could I complete the necessary teaching qualifications in Australia, or would I have to qualify in England and then do a conversion course?

I would also be grateful if you could let me know your experience of moving and whether you have found it was the right thing to do?

Thanks for any help.

Amy

Just bumped a thread up thats relevant(i think!)amy,if you scroll down to the very bottom of the page you SHOULD see similar thread titles on there that might help.