Meet new friends Bundaberg

Guest csmith

Guest csmith

We are to move out to Bundaberg in February, despite the floods, and would like to make friends with people in the area I am a registered nurse married with two children age 12 and 13, we are looking to possibly move to the Bargara area should arrive there the begining of Feb.

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi and welcome to pomsinoz. Bundy is a lovely part of the world. It's not long now before you leave are you excited?

Kate

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest bethnee

Hi, my family and I are hopefully moving in June time if everything goes through ok. I have been offered a job at the friendly society hospital in Bundaberg. we would like to live in Bargara do you have any advice we have 3 kids aged 6 and 12.

Hi, my family and I are hopefully moving in June time if everything goes through ok. I have been offered a job at the friendly society hospital in Bundaberg. we would like to live in Bargara do you have any advice we have 3 kids aged 6 and 12.

Happy to have a chat about any qs you have - pm us and I'll give you our contact details

• 5 weeks later...
Guest bethnee

hi, we are currently going through the visa process got my medical on monday so hopefully it wont be long. currently live near York in UK. any advice for me and the family would be greatly appreciated

• 1 month later...
Guest bethnee

Hi, visa came through last week so hopefully be in Bundaberg/Bargara at the beginning of July. we are all excited and nervous about the move so any advice for this is greatly appreciated.

which are the areas that would be best for a family in both Bargara and Bundaberg? which schools for year 7 and year 1 as we havent really looked at them since we are unsure which area to live in.

please please help

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - Bargara is great to live in. Good state primaries include Kalkie, Woongarra and Bundaberg East (catchment system doesn't really exist so you don't have to make decision on where to live based on school). St Lukes is a great school but is fee paying. Might be particularly worth considering for year 7 as its all through prep - y12 - in QLD your y7 one would be going back into primary after starting high school in UK if you use state system. At st Lukes primary up to y6, middle school 7-9 and senior 10-12. PM us if you want more info or to meet up - Andy

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest the sweeneys

Hiya, Just been offered a job at mater private hospital so we could be moving out there in july next year. We have two boys aged 6 and 10. Have been looking at the Bargara area to rent. Would love to hear from other people in or have been in similar position.

There's normally a reasonable choice of rental properties but the good ones do get lots of applicants and go quickly. If you have a professional job you will be popular with landlords and therefore more likely to secure one. Also a fair bit of furnished holiday rentals which are probably worth going for in first instance at least while you look around - lots of people take the first permanent rental they find and then regret it so worth looking around. I guess Mater might provide you with some initial accommodation. I know the Friendlies do but it's not great so might be worth finding somewhere yourself anyway. For holiday rentals Bargara real estate is a starting point - July will probably get you a good deal particularly if you offer to take it for several weeks.

• 1 year later...

HI , Bundaberg is a lovely place to bring up children my youngest is 13 now , we came over when she was 7 we have moved around a bite to wa and now were living in nsw but will be moving back to the Bundaberg after xmas , we will not be moving any more as tried different places , states and allways go bk there . we have allways lived north bundy but bagara is lovely you will love it , and whata great safe place to bring up childen . keep intouch liz and paul

Archived